Twitter: Cowboys make 6 roster moves ahead of tonight's game

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tyrus Wheatwho is this kid?? my guess must be a special teams move..... maybe emergency depth??

Creeper

Reaction score
Wheat was an Edge in college, so I wonder what DQ does with him, although I see STs for him tonight.
He played edge in preseason too. My guess is Parsons will see more off ball LB tonight so they wanted backup on the edge in case someone gets hurt. Land was better than Wheat but they lost him when they waived him.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Deuce is a great addition to an offense that's humming.

But he's not the guy to get the offense going if it's not already.
Yep he is a special use player - MM just has no clue how to use him. You can't use him in a traditional RB role. Screen, dump offs and misdirection - not just a run outside or up the gut.

My word just go out there and copy a Bienemy play or a KC play - it ain't that hard!

Creeper

Reaction score

Deuce does not deserve to be active based on what we have seen so far. He is not being used properly but he is also limited in the plays they can give him. Getting him the ball in space seems easy but teams know when he is in there he is not going to be running right up the middle. They are looking for him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If we won't use deuce he shouldn't have made the team.
i disagree kind of obvious tony pollard, Vaughn, and Turpin are all very similar. i know they appear different but i think they bring the same skill sets for roles and well DV is the oddman out right now.. we will need do DV at some point if Turpin goes down.. you know how many of you guys think a 6th round pick o any rookie is supposed to be an instant success or they are a bust some of you are ridiculous.

randy white was a special teams player his first two seasons.. . he didn't have a true position and hardly played snaps in the regular defense.. .they were deep with talent didn't need them yet, year three they found a spot for him he became the manster.. . some players need to develop... or simply have a role and right now we have 2 dudes that are filling that role...IMHO

the professional GM's in here just shockingly egomaniacal...

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Yep he is a special use player - MM just has no clue how to use him. You can't use him in a traditional RB role. Screen, dump offs and misdirection - not just a run outside or up the gut.

My word just go out there and copy a Bienemy play or a KC play - it ain't that hard!

Bingo

Bagman

Reaction score
I hope they give Davis a shot at running inside. His stint on the PS may have given him some xtra motivation to prove he can be an asset. We need a pounder!
Dude is around 200 lbs. Not a banger

Motorola

Reaction score
You're overvaluing Davis, imo...I'd rather see Luepke over him.

Trash is no better than trash.
The point I was really making is that Pollard's workload rushing the football should be reduced significantly.
Be it Dowdle, Davis, Luepke - one player getting a lot more carries, a combination of two, or all three - whatever results in amping up the Cowboys' rushing attack, while decreasing Pollard's rushes.

Mr_437

Reaction score
He played edge in preseason too. My guess is Parsons will see more off ball LB tonight so they wanted backup on the edge in case someone gets hurt. Land was better than Wheat but they lost him when they waived him.
Excellent observation, we should keep up with where Parsons goes.

Mr_437

Reaction score
My thing is, why was he in pass blocking anyways? When he is in the game he needs screen passes coming his way not blocking. That is not smart to begin with.
Exactly.
Small RBs are also motioned out the backfield to dictate coverage, a LB or S has to honor the RB; therefore, taking a man out the box... which is just as good as a block.

CWR

Reaction score
Deuce Vaughn hasn't shown anything to justify his selection. On 2 different occasions, he almost got Dak killed.

Yeah you're right, but they aren't exactly putting him in a position to succeed. Using him to kill clock is kinda ridiculous. They also aren't utilizing Lupke well. I dont get these coaches. Davis made his bed in the playoffs, now suddenly they trust him?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Glad to see Davis get a call up. Deuce is a better story than a player, at least at this point.
I don't think they've used Deuce properly. A midget up the middle isn't gonna do much, especially with poor blocking ahead of him. As for him protecting Dak, he probably can't see where anyone is coming from until it's too late.