Twitter: Cowboys Make New Offer To Elliott

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Screw that, if I am the Cowboys I tell him he has by Monday to sign the new deal or it's off the table and he can play under his existing contract the next 2 years.

They have been more than fair with him in regard to this offer. I personally think I'm giving him a deal that is top 10 money over the next two years and that increasing to top tier money over the next two to three years

Zeke will sit.

Only making 3.8 mill in 19.

Can sit and make the 3.8 up in GTD money next deal.

Zeke has all the leverage.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

They need to do something that makes him the highest in at least one area. They want him to take less overall than Gurley, give him a bigger signing bonus than Gurley. Gurley got $21 million (but $45 million in total guaranteed). Both sides need something they can point to to say that's the reason it was a good deal for them.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Zeke will sit.

Only making 3.8 mill in 19.

Can sit and make the 3.8 up in GTD money next deal.

Zeke has all the leverage.

Zeke will not be paid if he does not show up. In addition he can be fined a lot of money and will lose money for holding out and will lose an accrued year. If he holds out all season then everything contract and rights wise rolls forward. Zeke has to report or accept never earning another NFL check.

HanD

Reaction score
Lol.

I don’t want Zeke paid LESS than some Rams RB.

The best get paid the best.

Besides, Zeke will NEVER sign for less.
Will you go away if he does sign for less than gurley?

I'm sick of this Zeke drama but this will give me something to hope for....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Cowboys just opened the floodgates by caving in to Zeke's demands due to he holding out. Dumb. Other players are now going to start holding out and demand top pay, even if they have years left on their current contract.

Good luck with that and how such precedent is going to screw up teams' salary caps and much more.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
2 more seasons....still under contract...

Man.. that is over.

Zekes old contract is dead.

16 days Jerry.

Then we start losing football games.

Show me the money Jerry!

And Zeke starts losing massive game checks.

I cheer for the Cowboys.. Not Zekes contract and acting like that contract is what stand between the Cowboys and a Super Bowl because it doesn’t.

The elephant in the room is he’s a complete liability off the field.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Zeke starts losing massive game checks.

I cheer for the Cowboys.. Not Zekes contract and acting like that contract is what stand between the Cowboys and a Super Bowl because it doesn’t.

The elephant in the room is he’s a complete liability off the field.
Contract gets blended in, right?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol.

I don’t want Zeke paid LESS than some Rams RB.

The best get paid the best.

Besides, Zeke will NEVER sign for less.

Some Rams RB? LOL Your not even worth having a conversation with.

So your loyal to the Cowboys, but your not?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not if he wants to be taken seriously ever again!

Why would any owner reward some fool like Zeke for his antics and off the field stupidity? It would send a horrible message to the team. You can be a screw up and hold out 2 with two years left on your deal, I will always cave? Bad business.

Gaede

Reaction score
I actually understand this move.

They know that he should, and will, end up making more than Gurley. He is better and more reliable.

They just don't want him to make that much more than Gurley. They are likely thinking that Zeke will counter with an offer than is closer to the Cowboys, but still above Gurley.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I actually understand this move.

They know that he should, and will, end up making more than Gurley. He is better and more reliable.

They just don't want him to make that much more than Gurley. They are likely thinking that Zeke will counter with an offer than is closer to the Cowboys, but still above Gurley.

Your not paying attention. Nothing the Cowboys have said or done indicates they will pay him more than Gurley. It says the exact opposite. If they were willing to do that, it would have been done already.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Every other NFL player has to pay their dues and make it through their rookie scale contract. Is Zeke special?

Granted RB's can have a shorter career. However, that isn't the fault of the NFL. That's just the facts of life. He could have chosen to play any position. Its not like he is being paid chump change. Zekes effective income this year is 6 million. Next year his base would be 9 million. If he wasn't such an idiot and an embarrassment he would getting supplemental income from commercials and promotions.

No other NFL player holds out after three years?