Twitter: Cowboys Make New Offer To Elliott

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would any owner reward some fool like Zeke for his antics and off the field stupidity? It would send a horrible message to the team. You can be a screw up and hold out 2 with two years left on your deal, I will always cave? Bad business.
They drew a line in the sand with Stephen's comments. They either did it for theatrics, meant it, or just thought out loud in from of the mics.

irishline

Reaction score

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Cowboys just opened the floodgates by caving in to Zeke's demands due to he holding out. Dumb. Other players are now going to start holding out and demand top pay, even if they have years left on their current contract.

Good luck with that and how such precedent is going to screw up teams' salary caps and much more.

How did they cave in? Zeke wants to be the highest paid and they’re offering a contract which would make him the second highest paid. I’m sure when they made the initial offer they knew they’d have to come back with a better one eventually.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol.

I don’t want Zeke paid LESS than some Rams RB.

The best get paid the best.

Besides, Zeke will NEVER sign for less.
You continue to show a lack of understanding on both the salary cap and how NFL contracts work. I've watched as people have repeatedly tried to help you grasp it and you willfully choose to remain ignorant. It's truly mind boggling.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke will sit.

Only making 3.8 mill in 19.

Can sit and make the 3.8 up in GTD money next deal.

Zeke has all the leverage.
You realize he only had six touchdowns last season with six fumbles to go with it. Yards mean nothing if they don't produce points

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Six touchdowns last season, six fumbles would suggest he isn't. I agree

Gurley, pre injury was as good a back as you could ever want. More explosive and simply a better RB. Bell as well. These guys were TD monsters. Zeke is more of a pound it, run you over type back. Those other two guys can do that and then some.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
You realize he only had six touchdowns last season with six fumbles to go with it. Yards mean nothing if they don't produce points

If that is true then why do so many say Barry Sanders is better than Emmitt?

Zeke had plenty of TDs his rookie year. He has proven he can score running and receiving. Last year the offense as a whole struggled in the redzone so it was not just Zeke.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gurley, pre injury was as good a back as you could ever want. More explosive and simply a better RB. Bell as well. These guys were TD monsters. Zeke is more of a pound it, run you over type back. Those other two guys can do that and then some.
I like the kid in New York, I think you could be the best back the league has seen in 20 years. I actually like the kid in New England also. Mr. Consistent. I just wish Elliott would get his head on straight because he could be the best ever I don't even put him in the top four

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If that is true then why do so many say Barry Sanders is better than Emmitt?

Zeke had plenty of TDs his rookie year. He has proven he can score running and receiving. Last year the offense as a whole struggled in the redzone so it was not just Zeke.
I never said it was just Zeke. But those are the facts not opinion. 6 touchdowns six fumbles Barry vs Emmitt LOL they both had their own style of running the ball. How do you judge better. I look at each one as an individual

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like the kid in New York, I think you could be the best back the league has seen in 20 years. I actually like the kid in New England also. Mr. Consistent. I just wish Elliott would get his head on straight because he could be the best ever I don't even put him in the top four

Well that's your answer. He doesn't have the mental capacity to be the best. Like how he would rather run over a guy and pick up 3 more yards or juke him and pick up another 30.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well that's your answer. He doesn't have the mental capacity to be the best. Like how he would rather run over a guy and pick up 3 more yards or juke him and pick up another 30.
Yes that's why I compared him to Earl Campbell. I even though I thought Campbell was a little bit better.