Twitter: Cowboys Make New Offer To Elliott

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Only five RBs caught more than Zeke's 77 passes last season, while he was leading the NFL in rushing.

But you're "sure" a kid who hasn't taken a regular season snap can handle that. :muttley:

The receiving part, I think he could definitely handle all on his own given the opportunity.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not ignoring them at all. IN fact, it proves another one of my points.

Simply pointing out to the fans bragging about Zeke's great year that it really wasnt so great.

And my other point is that Zeke, like Dak, is dependent on the players around him to do his job.
You know people say Prescott is a bus driver I don't have a problem with that. Because that's what quarterbacks do in this day and age. It's more about team than ever turn the elite quarterback as far as I'm concerned is a thing of the past. Just stay out of the ditches. LOL go Cowboys

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The receiving part, I think he could definitely handle all on his own given the opportunity.
Isn't it funny. Who threw him that football the guy that sucks right. These people make me laugh

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You know people say Prescott is a bus driver I don't have a problem with that. Because that's what quarterbacks do in this day and age. It's more about team than ever turn the elite quarterback as far as I'm concerned is a thing of the past. Just stay out of the ditches. LOL go Cowboys

Most QB are bus drivers thier first couple of years. However the fact that Dak leads the NFL in late game wins shows he is capable of more.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right. Nothing wrong with being a bus driver as long as you don’t pay them like an Elite QB.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most QB are bus drivers thier first couple of years. However the fact that Dak leads the NFL in late game wins shows he is capable of more.
I'm just saying I don't think they realize what they're actually saying when they call him a bus driver. It's not a bad thing. Just think of all the people he's in charge of on that bus. These people are ridiculous

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Isn't it funny. Who threw him that football the guy that sucks right. These people make me laugh

Zeke's average yards per catch was -.5 yards. So he basically average catching every pass behind the line of scrimmage. Not very impressive if you ask me. basically a whole ton of dump offs in the flat. But I also blame the horrid Garrett and his offense for that.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Right. Nothing wrong with being a bus driver as long as you don’t pay them like an Elite QB.
I don't like the word elite any longer my cowboy brother. Show me a new quarterback that's Elite. Can win the game all by himself. Nobody.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm just saying I don't think they realize what they're actually saying when they call him a bus driver. It's not a bad thing. Just think of all the people he's in charge of on that bus. These people are ridiculous

Aikman was a bus driver. By every definition.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke's average yards per catch was -.5 yards. So he basically average catching every pass behind the line of scrimmage. Not very impressive if you ask me. basically a whole ton of dump offs in the flat. But I also blame the horrid Garrett and his offense for that.
We all know we're better team with Elliott. But we also should know that one man does not make a football team he's replaceable. Cemeteries are full of people that thought the world couldn't live without them. Maybe not agreed analogy but come on people

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can you imagine Elliott and Pollard in the same backfield. We go on a 10-play drive. We have another running back cable fresh of putting it in the end zone I can't wait for this season

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We all know we're better team with Elliott. But we also should know that one man does not make a football team he's replaceable. Cemeteries are full of people that thought the world couldn't live without them. Maybe not agreed analogy but come on people

Everyone is replaceable. Its a matter of who is the replacement.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s not how I’d define Elite. Elite is one of the top passers in the league.
Thank you for clarifying but that's not what I call Elite. Rodger Staubach. Michael Vick. They could do it all by themselves. Make the great pass or take off running. Just passing alone he's not Elite for me

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But some fans actually believe this team can't win five games without Elliott. If I have learned anything in life change is inevitable. And Never Say Never

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Elliott makes his own holes. And Pollard I think he has great vision he sees the field extremely well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying but that's not what I call Elite. Rodger Staubach. Michael Vick. They could do it all by themselves. Make the great pass or take off running. Just passing alone he's not Elite for me
I’m not sure I’d place those two QB’s in the same thought?