Twitter: Cowboys Make New Offer To Elliott

GoJacks

Reaction score
He hasn’t played but three years so he has plenty of productive seasons left. He is also a very young player which will factor into his longevity. There are no worries with this contract, but he should be evaluated before signing the next one.
That's my point. It was stated that RB's only have 5-6 years of optimal production. If that's the case you shouldn't extend him at top dollar because he will be on the down side of his production when he's making that money.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That's my point. It was stated that RB's only have 5-6 years of optimal production. If that's the case you shouldn't extend him at top dollar because he will be on the down side of his production when he's making that money.

If you sign Zeke to a 5 year deal now. He plays the last year of his deal when he is 28 years old.

28 is typically the age that a lot of
Elite RB’s begin to decline.

So signing Zeke now should mean the team is out from under the desk before a sharp decline happens.

Big_D

Reaction score
Of course he’s not. I’m just saying it’s a very poor way to compare them. Especially considering one has the second best coach in football (best offensive coach) which gives him a boat load more chances to score. The other has......Jason Garrett.

I don't like Garrett, didn't like Linehan, wish we had McVay. maybe this conversation would be different? Right now some are saying Zeke's the best in the league, but when you refute the claim, then the team sucks, the coaching sucks etc, etc. Stats are stats. Gurleys TD numbers are through the roof and the others are ordinary in comparison. Great RB, but those numbers don't put him in the #1 spot. That's really the bottom line. If everyone wants to compare him to Gurley and his paycheck, then those TD numbers come along with it.

kskboys

Reaction score
If you’re already making him the 2nd highest, just pay the difference and make him the highest.

I don’t want to lose an elite talent over a few million.

If he remains in your future plans, you pay the man. If not, why offer up to the 2nd highest?

My only problem is, when somebody else gets their money (Gordon) is he happy being the 2nd highest paid? Or is this a revolving door
He's already being paid. You been in a coma? 3 years, 22 mil so far.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Elliott is perverted make no mistake about that. Yeah I'd rather stab someone in the neck. Then pull some girls shirt over her head.

The girl had no problem with his actions; although I do not agree with what was done. How does that act make him a pervert?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Or the 2000 yards including 70+ catches.
Yea you can replace that production easily.

That part not so easily, but could be done with a few good backs. Heck, Dak matched him with 6 rushing TD's all on his own. 70 catches, I am sure Pollard could handle that.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Do you really believe this?? What did Josh Brent ever do for Jerry?

Where is Jerry in Josh Brent's life today? Or any time the second after he was done squeezing any football he had left in him? Nowhere, and Brent was a guy who needed help and guidance after his career was done.

superonyx

Reaction score
That part not so easily, but could be done with a few good backs. Heck, Dak matched him with 6 rushing TD's all on his own. 70 catches, I am sure Pollard could handle that.
You do realize Zeke had 15 TDs, 7 in 8 games, the previous 2 years right?
Why are you choosing to ignore his career and only selecting 1 stats from 3 years?
You have an agenda?

HanD

Reaction score
He has plus receiving skills, but NE didnt really take advantage of it. I think they will more however. I can see them not wanting to use a rookie much in the passing game
James white will pick up a ton of targets imo

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Do I like that he's holding out? Obviously, No. But I think he has a legit case for doing so.

He's been the best RB in the league for 3 years now. Should have 3 consecutive rushing titles.

RB's careers don't last as long as other positions. This is a fact.

When you're a RB who's been the best in the league for your entire career, and probably only has a max of 5? 6? years of peak performance left, if that, you deserve to get paid.

RB's get screwed in this league.
Well, according to this vein of thought, of his career's footballin' lifespan just being a tad over that of a may fly, we've done got all the best out of him he had to offer, betcha' he don't even come close in surpassing any of high points of career stats that's constantly being touted on his behalf, dude is gonna get paid & lay down.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Only five RBs caught more than Zeke's 77 passes last season, while he was leading the NFL in rushing.

But you're "sure" a kid who hasn't taken a regular season snap can handle that. :muttley:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That part not so easily, but could be done with a few good backs. Heck, Dak matched him with 6 rushing TD's all on his own. 70 catches, I am sure Pollard could handle that.[/QUOTE

EBzIHstX4AAzx5Z

The numbers back it up too. He was literally the worst quarterback in the league (and one of the worst in recent memory) the instant Zeke was taken off the field. He became the only QB in at least 10 years to turn the ball over 8+ times and throw 0 TDs over a 3 game span!

Check-mate there CowboyRoy lol and trust me Dak is praying Zeke gets back asap......for obvious reasons....

reddyuta

Reaction score
IMO he should he the highest paid RB ever but it should be just above Gurley.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why are you choosing to ignore his career and only selecting 1 stats from 3 years?
You have an agenda?

Not ignoring them at all. IN fact, it proves another one of my points.

Simply pointing out to the fans bragging about Zeke's great year that it really wasnt so great.

And my other point is that Zeke, like Dak, is dependent on the players around him to do his job.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You have an agenda?

7 in 8 games? Was that the year he got suspended? Proves another one of my points.