Twitter: Cowboys Make New Offer To Elliott

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Patriots got rid of multi-time All Pro OG Logan Mankins because he complained about something.

They got rid of Chandler Jones and he has been All Pro.

They got rid of Jamie Collins, let him flounder in Cleveland and then re-signed him for cheap a couple of years later.

The Pats getting rid of a player has no relevance to Zeke.

Doesnt the fact that they got rid of Blount after career year lend credence to the theory that RB's are replaceable?

James White alone last year had 1370 total yards and 12 total TD's for the Patriots. Only touched the ball 181 times. Caught more passes then Zeke did.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Zeke leads the NFL in rushing, leads the Cowboys in receptions (5th best among RBs), amasses 2000 yards on 380 touches...but...but...rushing TDs! :muttley:

Sydla

Reaction score
Looks like Zeke is coming back this weekend from Cabo. I cant repost the tweet but its in one of the threads

Someone else is claiming this was a schedule return as he has a charity commitment.

superonyx

Reaction score
Im sure you would take that every year. :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

HOF coming!!!! A couple more suspensions and he might get in early. :lmao2::lmao2:

Lets just look at the list of RB's that had more TD's then Zeke last year. I would be willing to bet you dont even know who 80% of these guys are. And lets consider that Zeke led the league in touches by a long shot with 460 total touches:

-Gurley 21
-Mixon 9
-Carson 9
-Barkley 15
-mack 10
-Connor 13
-Gordon 14
-Lindsey 10
-McCaffrey 13
-Henry 12
-Chubb 10
-Aaron Jones 9
-Kamara 18
-D Johnson 10
-Howard 9 (got traded for a 7th round pick to the Eagles)
-Coleman 9

THEY ARE ALL GOING TO THE HOF!!!!!!! :lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh::lmao2::lmao2:

And lets just blow your theory completely out of the water by noting that Dak matched Zeke in rushing TD's with 6. OUCH!!!!!
You are not bright enough to realize that you are making my point and not your own.
Showing a bunch of average guys who scored a lot of TDs only shows that this stat you choose to obsess over really isn’t the benchmark of RB value s you want it to be.

if you want to troll at least be clever enough to make it a challenge.

superonyx

Reaction score
The Patriots got rid of multi-time All Pro OG Logan Mankins because he complained about something.

They got rid of Chandler Jones and he has been All Pro.

They got rid of Jamie Collins, let him flounder in Cleveland and then re-signed him for cheap a couple of years later.

The Pats getting rid of a player has no relevance to Zeke.
It does in a debate where a troll is pretending TDs are the measuring stick of RB production and every other measure is not relevant.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
https://larrybrownsports.com/football/emmitt-smith-ezekiel-elliott-holdout/509805

“If you do your research and do your studies, you’ll find out that Emmitt Smith was never a holdout,” Smith said. “Although the propaganda would say I was a holdout, the reality is my contract was fulfilled and I was negotiating. I wasn’t holding out. … When you don’t have a contract and you’re unemployed, all you can do is negotiate.”
You don't need a contract to hold out. He was holding out negotiating for a contract . That was his leverage.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
You don't need a contract to hold out. He was holding out negotiating for a contract . That was his leverage.
If he wasn't under contract he wasn't required or obligated in anyway to show up or participate. Not sure how you can call that a holdout. We can just agree to disagree instead of arguing semantics.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If he wasn't under contract he wasn't required or obligated in anyway to show up or participate. Not sure how you can call that a holdout. We can just agree to disagree instead of arguing semantics.
If your negotiating a contract and you choose not to play that is considered a holdout regardless how you want to frame it.

I assure you while it was unfolding we all considered Emmitt was holding out for a larger contract.

superonyx

Reaction score
And Blount only needed 299 rushes to get those 18 TD's. Zeke needed 390 rushes and could only manage 6 rushing TD's.

Any more stats you want to improperly analyze?
Thanks for again making my point for me.
See how stupid you sound pretending a RBs value is tied to TDs.

19,493 post and you still are not good at this. There is a stat everyone can agree on.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
If your negotiating a contract and you choose not to play that is considered a holdout regardless how you want to frame it.

I assure you while it was unfolding we all considered Emmitt was holding out for a larger contract.
Did he have the option to play without a contract?

Sydla

Reaction score
The league clearly has depressed the value of the TB position.

We want to buck the system apparently. Are we smarter than most everyone else? Who knows but recent history is clearly not on the side of the Jones'.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did he have the option to play without a contract?
He had the option of accepting the contract that was offered and play or hold out for a larger contract.

It’s a hold out of a different type.

Bottom line is he wasn’t bashed for it. And after starting 0-2 while he was holding out Jerry rushed to sign him. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The league clearly has depressed the value of the TB position.

We want to buck the system apparently. Are we smarter than most everyone else? Who knows but recent history is clearly not on the side of the Jones'.
Problem is our offense, QB and defense is too dependent on a dominating running game.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

He had the option of accepting the contract that was offered and play or hold out for a larger contract.

It’s a hold out of a different type.

Bottom line is he wasn’t bashed for it. And after starting 0-2 while he was holding out Jerry rushed to sign him. Lol
So poor phrasing in the bolded and the reiteration makes more sense. Again this is semantics so there's really no need to continue.

Roland

Reaction score
Where the heck you get this from.........
With a 6 week suspension already under his belt (rightly or wrongly justified) for a DV situation, what do you think will happen if he gets caught up with another DV case? I could be wrong (my memory isn't what it used to be), but I though he was warned that another incident like that and he could be out. I don't think he has "turned the corner or learned his lesson yet", as exemplified by the continuing of "not so smart shenanigans". I love what Zeke brings to this team "on the field". It is just the off field incidents and the possible repercussions of said action that give me pause. Having said all that, I HOPE he has learned and hope he signs the darn contract!

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
But he was holding out using it as leverage negotiating for a larger contract.

It doesn’t have to be the same to still be considered a hold out.

You could argue Emmitt was with holding services, but he was not under contract so technically he really was not. He fulfilled the previous contract and to move forward he wanted x amount. He can't show up until he has a contract. For me it would not be any different than a someone negotiating terms with a potential employer. Think of it from a legal perspective or hiring a contractor to do work for your business or your home. Nothing happens until both sides agree to terms and sign a contract.