Twitter: Cowboys Make New Offer To Elliott

Big_D

Reaction score
You could argue Emmitt was with holding services, but he was not under contract so technically he really was not. He fulfilled the previous contract and to move forward he wanted x amount. He can't show up until he has a contract. For me it would not be any different than a someone negotiating terms with a potential employer. Think of it from a legal perspective or hiring a contractor to do work for your business or your home. Nothing happens until both sides agree to terms and sign a contract.

And Zeke signed his. That's the difference.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You could argue Emmitt was with holding services, but he was not under contract so technically he really was not. He fulfilled the previous contract and to move forward he wanted x amount. He can't show up until he has a contract. For me it would not be any different than a someone negotiating terms with a potential employer. Think of it from a legal perspective or hiring a contractor to do work for your business or your home. Nothing happens until both sides agree to terms and sign a contract.
Like I said, frame it how you will, but we considered it a hold out since he wasn’t playing while negotiating a contract. And I can assure you he was holding out for a better contract.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Like I said, frame it how you will, but we considered it a hold out since he wasn’t playing while negotiating a contract. And I can assure you he was holding out for a better contract.
And I remember the media reported it as a hold out. Of course we didn't have 24 hours nonstop sports talk back then.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are not bright enough to realize that you are making my point and not your own.
Showing a bunch of average guys who scored a lot of TDs only shows that this stat you choose to obsess over really isn’t the benchmark of RB value s you want it to be.

if you want to troll at least be clever enough to make it a challenge.

Make no mistake about it, you are getting lapped on this argument. You don't even have a leg to stand on.

So if average guys are getting 10-15 TD's then what does that say about Zeke that he only got 8?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thanks for again making my point for me.
See how stupid you sound pretending a RBs value is tied to TDs.

19,493 post and you still are not good at this. There is a stat everyone can agree on.

Why are you angry? Could it be because your getting your *** handed to you? LOL

But feel free to post where I said TD's is the measuring stick for a RB? Waiting...…….

Tussinman

Reaction score
As long as it's an extension its fine. I would 100% be opposed to a re-work of his 4th and 5th year base

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Not ignoring them at all. IN fact, it proves another one of my points.

Simply pointing out to the fans bragging about Zeke's great year that it really wasnt so great.

And my other point is that Zeke, like Dak, is dependent on the players around him to do his job.
Yup. Just like ALL players are. Which is the reason maxed out contracts keep you from winning a super bowl.

And yes, I would take less to win. I would much rather make 50 million and play for super bowls than make 60 million and be on a .500 team. And yes, that is about what it comes down to.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lol

All I know is Emmitt was holding out from playing until they agreed on a contract. Call it what you will.

JeffAtl

Reaction score
The Pats getting rid of a player has no relevance to Zeke.

It does in the sense that the Pats know that paying premium contracts, even for the best, is a hindrance to overall team success.

Having the best player at a position (or among the best) has diminishing returns To stay cap neutral and pay Zeke what he wants, the Cowboys will have offset with 6 or 7 guys making the league minimum.

Replacing Zeke with a committee arrangement will surely result in a drop off, but will that drop off be more than that caused by the new 7 league minimum guys?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yup. Just like ALL players are. Which is the reason maxed out contracts keep you from winning a super bowl.

And yes, I would take less to win. I would much rather make 50 million and play for super bowls than make 60 million and be on a .500 team. And yes, that is about what it comes down to.
That’s very commendable . Problem is there’s no guarantees taking less will bring you Super Bowls. Unless perhaps you’re on the Patriots this era.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some Cowboys fans: "Dallas will never win a Super Bowl with Jason Garrett."

Same fans: "Players should take less money so Dallas can win a Super Bowl."

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Winning is over rated. #1 priority is making money and looking out for your own self interest. Winning just makes it more fun.

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s very commendable . Problem is there’s no guarantees taking less will bring you Super Bowls. Unless perhaps you’re on the Patriots this era.
Dude........we know there's no guarantee. I'm trying to be nice, but that's a "Well, duh."

And did you completely miss where I said "Play for super bowls." Are you really unaware that the more talent you have on your team, the better the chance to play for a super bowl? I mean, this is really simple stuff.

Don't get married there's no guarantee she won't divorce you.

Don't go fishing there's no guarantee they'll bite.

Don't buy a vehicle there's no guarantee it's not a lemon.

Don't buy underwear there's no guarantee they won't get a hole in them.

Seriously, do you really go through life like that? Would you really rather be on a losing team for a bit more? I think that's disgusting.

kskboys

Reaction score
Winning is over rated. #1 priority is making money and looking out for your own self interest. Winning just makes it more fun.
Yes, winning makes it more fun. Gives you something to aim for.

The #1 priority is making money. OK, If I sign for 50 mil instead of 60 mil, I just made money and me and my kids kids kids are set for life.

superonyx

Reaction score

But feel free to post where I said TD's is the measuring stick for a RB? Waiting...…….
Whats the point really?
I know you need attention and this is how you get your fix for communicating with other humans but whats the point?

You want to win or something? What does winning even look like to you?
You wasted my time already trying to make some idiotic point about Zeke not being very good due to his TD stat for a season. But you really don't have a point and your attempt at an argument is so elementary that as a grown man I believe you have to be trolling. This must be what you do. I'm sorry for being dismissive and if I characterized you wrong then my apologies for that but I'm bored arguing something that is obvious to everyone. Especially since this obvious fact is most likely obvious to even the person I am arguing with. No one who found their way onto the internet could be this dumb.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Truth of the matter is, if fans had more confidence in Dak, Zeke wouldn't be getting the money he's being offered IMO. It is what it is but that, to me, is the reason people want to pay Zeke or even tolerate what he is demanding.

JMO

phildadon86

Reaction score

While I do agree scoring is obviously important. Lets not forget that because of our head coach giving Linehan final say on hires. Paul Alexander created some serious problems for Zeke with his blocking schemes. On top of that. There are a lot of runs that should be negative yardage that Zeke turns into gains of 3-5 yards all on his own. So while I agree with you to an extent. Last seasons totals arent totally on Zeke, and I love him in the backfield. With a new OC and Dak hopefully being able to attack the outside when they stack the box, get ready for zeke to have a monster year. Lets also not forget that if not for Garrett, Zeke probably would have the all time rookie rushing record in his stats as well as a ROY trophy. The kid is a stud whether you want to admit it or not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dude........we know there's no guarantee. I'm trying to be nice, but that's a "Well, duh."

And did you completely miss where I said "Play for super bowls." Are you really unaware that the more talent you have on your team, the better the chance to play for a super bowl? I mean, this is really simple stuff.

Don't get married there's no guarantee she won't divorce you.

Don't go fishing there's no guarantee they'll bite.

Don't buy a vehicle there's no guarantee it's not a lemon.

Don't buy underwear there's no guarantee they won't get a hole in them.

Seriously, do you really go through life like that? Would you really rather be on a losing team for a bit more? I think that's disgusting.
Then when you state it say, “ there’s no guarantees” because it comes off like these players are intentionally preventing their team from playing for or winning championships when it’s not their job to manage the Cap.

Of course we know what the issues are. My point continues to be that’s the owners or GM responsibility to manage not the players.

Only 53 players each year win a ring. You’re coming off like the rest of the league is miserable. Your perspective is simply coming from a fans view. Which is fine as long as it’s expressed as such.

But I will not stand for someone attempting to place the blame of not winning on the players self interest when I’d argue it’s on the owners.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Truth of the matter is, if fans had more confidence in Dak, Zeke wouldn't be getting the money he's being offered IMO. It is what it is but that, to me, is the reason people want to pay Zeke or even tolerate what he is demanding.

JMO
Bingo

And it’s not just fans but our ownership, front office and coaching staff.