Twitter: Cowboys Make New Offer To Elliott

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Actors can get paid $20 million or more for one movie for the same reason pro athletes get multi-million dollar contracts: they sell the tickets.

This petty jealousy some fans have of pro athletes is hilarious. It's like a bunch of Al Bundys who are mad that they're not good enough to play pro sports.
:hammer:

erod

Reaction score
Zeke is the best player on the team.

He's also one of the most likely to get suspended.

And he's got two more years on his deal.

He claims the first, but wants everybody to ignore the second and third.

He needs to sign this very fair offer.

foofighters

Reaction score
Zeke is the best player on the team.

He's also one of the most likely to get suspended.

And he's got two more years on his deal.

He claims the first, but wants everybody to ignore the second and third.

He needs to sign this very fair offer.
How likely is his suspension? Wouldn't they have announced that already?

foofighters

Reaction score
In talking about for things he hasn't done yet.

Next one will be a year.

He's a time bomb.
Well, ya. I can see that. It's frustrating because the guy really is special but outside of the field and the guy seems to have zero common sense.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
“Ezekiel Elliott has turned down the Dallas Cowboys’ offer to make him the second-highest paid running back in the NFL,” Travis said on his Outkick the Coverage show. “Zeke has made an utterly ridiculous decision.”
:facepalm:

CWR

Reaction score
Don’t players lose their guarantees if they are suspended during their contract? Or is that only with rookie deals, unless it’s explicitly specified?

I remember reading that Zeke’s Guarantees were eliminated when he was suspended last time. But that could be a rookie contract provision. Idk.

Not positive, but I think if hes suspended 1 year (for example) he doesn't get paid for that year. Unfortunately the team is still on the hook for the remaining years if/when he comes back.

So the problem becomes trying to build around the cap with a player you may, or may not have.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They should throw in 4 party bus girls, maybe the whole party bus lol, and a big bag of some really good weed, and a really nice bong,
let him try the weed then slide that contract over to him, he would probably be in the mood to sign by then.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
“Ezekiel Elliott has turned down the Dallas Cowboys’ offer to make him the second-highest paid running back in the NFL,” Travis said on his Outkick the Coverage show. “Zeke has made an utterly ridiculous decision.”
:facepalm:

Why are you posting this fake tweet from yesterday? It’s not accurate or true. There is a 25+ page cry fest about it. People looked silly in it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

This is probably nothing more than speculation by Wenner. He also started the rumor that Elliott left Cabo which he hasn't. Just another time of unnamed sources which is the same as just speculating or guessing.

jnday

Reaction score
Actors can get paid $20 million or more for one movie for the same reason pro athletes get multi-million dollar contracts: they sell the tickets.

This petty jealousy some fans have of pro athletes is hilarious. It's like a bunch of Al Bundys who are mad that they're not good enough to play pro sports.
Jealousy has nothing to do with my dislike for greed. I have never considered that anybody would be jealous of players and I think he ideal is beyond crazy. I quit dreaming about playing in the NFL when I was 10 years old and I never thought about it since. I find it hard to believe that the ideal would come to you. Are you still upset that you never made it. You must be bitter about it for you to think like this.

Last edited:

JohnBoy

Reaction score
I guess part of me would like someone to explain the pragmatic, usable, genuine difference in lifestyle between $50 million and $60 million.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I dont like Zeke, but there is no denying he is a great RB.

However, like any other player, he needs players around him that do their jobs.

All Im doing is trying to educate those people that think a RB's only statistic that matters is rushing yards. Its more complicated than that.

And despite leading the NFL In rushing again, he had a less than ZEKE type season in other areas. IN some areas, it was really bad considering how much work he received.

But yah, its because I dont like Zeke.

However, at the right contract, he has good value.

However.............I would still trade the punk given the right draft picks.

Houston seems in desperate need of a RB after Miller went down.

Trade Zeke?!?!

Really?!?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
We start 3-0 and he’s out three quarters of a million I bet his tune will change. In a hurry.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jealousy has nothing to do with my dislike for greed. I have never considered that anybody would be jealous of players and I think he ideal is beyond crazy.

I find it hard anyone could make that statement and actually believe it. Owners rake in billions, then push for a salary cap so they can keep more of them. Meanwhile, the guys people pay to watch have the audacity to want paid and you call them greedy.