Twitter: Cowboys Make New Offer To Elliott

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Let the players go to work at Wal-Mart with their greed. I have no problem with owners making money. It is a business that is no different than any other business and the owners should make money.

Actors can get paid $20 million or more for one movie for the same reason pro athletes get multi-million dollar contracts: they sell the tickets.

This petty jealousy some fans have of pro athletes is hilarious. It's like a bunch of Al Bundys who are mad that they're not good enough to play pro sports.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There is no point to anything you say. You spend pages arguing against Zeke and you use TD's because you can't find any other way to formulate an argument. You get rolled up on that one naturally. Its hard to win a debate when you are wrong and arguing from a position of weakness.

Now you are going on about Zeke being great.

The truth about you is that you just need attention and someone to talk to so you argue both sides of anything just to have someone to argue with.

Whats the point in arguing with you when its clear you don't even believe in the arguments you are making.

You are a message board troll. I get it. You are not that unique. Others here are like you.
You are lucky the community can't throw a label on your username.

All I am doing is trying to educate you on SPECIFIC areas where Zeke DIDNT have a great year.

Not a shock that you continue to Not Get It. But again..............thats ok.

superonyx

Reaction score
All I am doing is trying to educate you on SPECIFIC areas where Zeke DIDNT have a great year.

Oh so when you were posting about how replaceable Zeke was......
Never mind. You are a waste of time.
I fed the troll.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

All you're doing is trying to cherry-pick SPECIFIC stats because you don't like Zeke.

You're allowed to not like him, but at least be honest about it.

pansophy

Reaction score
Should behave off the field and he'd be getting top money.
If behaving was the issue they wouldn't give him the 2nd most money either. This is about how much money we are willing to devote to the RB position. Zeke doesn't really have any leverage IMO. He may be able to play minimally for the next two years to minimize wear and tear but he is two years away from being on the open market. Can he actually recoup the money lost by foregoing the 2nd highest RB salary right now by being two years older?

Kind of doubt it. He'll sign.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Actors can get paid $20 million or more for one movie for the same reason pro athletes get multi-million dollar contracts: they sell the tickets.

This petty jealousy some fans have of pro athletes is hilarious. It's like a bunch of Al Bundys who are mad that they're not good enough to play pro sports.

It’s a special kind of ignorance to complain about the players wanting to maximize their pay days, and then immediately say you don’t blame the owners for wanting to make as much money as possible.

I don’t know if it’s ignorance, or just way too many years of reading the wrong kind of anti union propaganda, or something.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If behaving was the issue they wouldn't give him the 2nd most money either. This is about how much money we are willing to devote to the RB position. Zeke doesn't really have any leverage IMO. He may be able to play minimally for the next two years to minimize wear and tear but he is two years away from being on the open market. Can he actually recoup the money lost by foregoing the 2nd highest RB salary right now by being two years older?

If Zeke had no leverage the Cowboys wouldn't have offered him the 2nd most RB money with 2 years left on his contract.

He has some leverage because the Cowboys want him. How much he has remains to be seen.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It’s a special kind of ignorance to complain about the players wanting to maximize their pay days, and then immediately say you don’t blame the owners for wanting to make as much money as possible.

I don’t know if it’s ignorance, or just way too many years of reading the wrong kind of anti union propaganda, or something.

I think it's as much this as anything else:

5bec40aa58b0314d47297ceff0ad3bf1.jpg

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Pretending the front office isn't using his off the field stuff in negotiation is silly - it would mean Jerry Jones is truly one of the worst owners in the league.

Dez had one incident when in the NFL and was forced to get a babysitter. Zeke has been suspended and a close call in the matter of 3 seasons. This 100% impacts negotiations and why he'll get paid like Bell rather than the top RB in the league.

Last edited:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Pretending the front office isn't using his off the field stuff in negotiation is silly - it would mean Jerry Jones is truly one of the worst owners in the league.

Dez had one incident when in the NFL and was forced to get a babysitter. Zeke has been suspended and a close call in the matter of 3 seasons. This 100% impacts negotiations and why he'll get payed like Bell rather than the top RB in the league.

Agreed. And while Zeke and his agent are within their right to fight against it, the Cowboys are well within their right to have those off-field incidents in play during negotiations.

Perhaps there is a way both parties can win, where Zeke’s money is maximized but in a way that involves a lot of clauses and insurances against off-field issues.

Jipper

Reaction score

Dez had one incident when in the NFL and was forced to get a babysitter. Zeke has been suspended and a close call in the matter of 3 seasons. This 100% impacts negotiations and why he'll get payed like Bell rather than the top RB in the league.

Exactly why he shouldn’t get s new contract that is the most guaranteed of any rb

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Exactly why he shouldn’t get s new contract that is the most guaranteed of any rb

I imagine his contract will have something written into it about his off the field stuff, I mean, it has to. I'm pretty sure Goodell has already put out there Zeke is one big incident away from an indefinite suspension - we are lucky the incident with the security guard wasn't viewed as such.

Just from a negotiation perspective, going from paying Zeke more than Gurley to giving him Bell money is a huge win for Jerry and Stephen. They'd be idiots not to use it as leverage.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I imagine his contract will have something written into it about his off the field stuff, I mean, it has to. I'm pretty sure Goodell has already put out there Zeke is one big incident away from an indefinite ban - we are lucky the incident with the security guard wasn't viewed as such.

Just from a negotiation perspective, going from paying Zeke more than Gurley to giving him Bell money is a huge win for Jerry and Stephen. They'd be idiots not to use it as leverage.

Don’t players lose their guarantees if they are suspended during their contract? Or is that only with rookie deals, unless it’s explicitly specified?

I remember reading that Zeke’s Guarantees were eliminated when he was suspended last time. But that could be a rookie contract provision. Idk.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I am ALL for being fair and paying Zeke what he is worth - he is arguably the best pure runner in the game; however, contracts are NOT just for sundays...make him the top paid RB with the caveat that any suspension, ANY, voids the entire contract and then they have to start over with negotiations - he needs to provide some wiggle room for the team if they want to make him the highest paid RB

Excellent point.....………...I would do the same.

I would say, "Fine Zeke, you want to be the highest paid RB in the league, make more than Gurely, then here is your money your greedy POS. But if you get suspended for anything, even an f'ing speeding ticket, then the entire contract is voided".

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh so when you were posting about how replaceable Zeke was......
Never mind. You are a waste of time.
I fed the troll.

Nope, wrong again. Your just so pissed from getting slapped around the board, you cant think straight. Lets just move on.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All you're doing is trying to cherry-pick SPECIFIC stats because you don't like Zeke.

You're allowed to not like him, but at least be honest about it.

I dont like Zeke, but there is no denying he is a great RB.

However, like any other player, he needs players around him that do their jobs.

All Im doing is trying to educate those people that think a RB's only statistic that matters is rushing yards. Its more complicated than that.

And despite leading the NFL In rushing again, he had a less than ZEKE type season in other areas. IN some areas, it was really bad considering how much work he received.

But yah, its because I dont like Zeke.

However, at the right contract, he has good value.

However.............I would still trade the punk given the right draft picks.

Houston seems in desperate need of a RB after Miller went down.