Twitter: Cowboys Make New Offer To Elliott

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Irvin is just a Cowboys lifer/homer. There aren't any other former players singing Jerry's praises.

Same with every other team. I don’t see players out there drooling all over their former teams owners.
At least we have Michael doing it. And it is a good thing.

Jipper

Reaction score
if zeke says no to this then hes going to lose the fan base....more so than he already has....hes not going to be number 1, the sooner he realizes that the better.

irishline

Reaction score
It may cut it in half - it is still significant. I would think the signing bonus is taxed in Texas though. I could be wrong.

Signing bonuses are taxed by state they were signed in, but any other bonus and guarantees can be taxed...

"However, for professional athletes, taxation becomes extremely complex because an athlete’s services are provided in a large number of states, cities, and counties, each of which may impose a tax on that player. In addition to games played in various states, a player may also have off-season workouts, exhibition games, training camp, practices, and other mandatory appearances in other states. This may lead to over a dozen states and/or cities seeking to tax a portion of the player’s income."

http://entertainment-tax-advisors.c...ing-bonus-agreement-can-minimize-state-taxes/

As I said there would be a difference, no doubt, but it is not as big as you would think.

Big_D

Reaction score
The logic here for some is basically because the Rams made a mistake we are obligated to now exceed their mistake.

That’s bizarre.

Specially considering the Rams will move to getting other RBs involved and the Cowboys will do the same at some point. The volume we've been seeing just can't continue at that pace.

Sydla

Reaction score
3 years for a Tailback is hardly a huge difference? LMAO

Less wear and tear? Bell has over 1600 touches in his career (not including playoffs), while Gurley only had 900 when he signed his deal

It is when the 27 year old didn’t log wear and tear for over a year. So Bell isn’t your standard 27 year old TB.

And again Gurley’s guaranteed money is 60% more than Bell’s.

That’s a massive disparity and shows what a clear outlier Gurley’s deal is.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
if zeke says no to this then hes going to lose the fan base....more so than he already has....hes not going to be number 1, the sooner he realizes that the better.

Fan base is fickle they will love him if he is producing on the field and helping this team to a championship. By the same token with the big contract comes bigger expectation by the fan base. Fans will get over holdouts and big contracts as long as the player and team make it payoff in the end

sean10mm

Reaction score
3 years for a Tailback is hardly a huge difference? LMAO

Less wear and tear? Bell has over 1600 touches in his career (not including playoffs), while Gurley only had 900 when he signed his deal

Yeah, running backs are usually dead by 28, 30 at best. Guys like Smith and Payton are hilariously rare.

And the Gurley deal is incredibad. Not only is it a ton of money, but the dude has arthritic knees already. Such a bad risk to take.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jones just said on radio the market on TBs peeled back after Bell signed his deal.

Exactly what I said. If Zeke wants Gurley+ money, he ain’t getting it unless the team sucks and Jerry panics.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah, running backs are usually dead by 28, 30 at best. Guys like Smith and Payton are hilariously rare.

And the Gurley deal is incredibad. Not only is it a ton of money, but the dude has arthritic knees already. Such a bad risk to take.

True he missed time in college because of a knee injury. Fortunately for Zeke he has not dealt with injuries thus far in his career college or pros.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Rushing titles today are nothing more then most carry titles.

Maybe so, but, this is even more of a plus for Zeke. He would have led the league in carries for all 3 years if he wasn't suspended and he still has never missed a game.

birdwells1

Reaction score
take it and get to work

will always irk me the way Zeke reciprocated "loyalty" to Jerry after all Jerry did for him during his suspension and legal battle(s)

Jerry was being "loyal" to his team, he knew then like he knows now and that is Zeke is what this offense starts and ends with. That;s why he backed him so hard.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If you are the best RB in the league why would you take second best money?
Because you understand the situation you are in for the next 4 years if somebody decides to play hardball. Better not let them find out you are replaceable...

And I don't think he is, but there is that risk.