Twitter: Cowboys Make New Offer To Elliott

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He doesn’t have leverage. None.

This is the team being very very kind.

The talent he bring is the leverage he does have. Dallas would not be making this offer if they did not feel he was important to their success. Clearly there is no benefit for Zeke holding out long term considering there is 2 years on his current deal by the same token Dallas know the importance of him being on the field.

Ky31

Reaction score
Get over it. Jerry's only loyalty lies in what you can do for him. You think he gives one flying bleep about Zeke or Gregory as people? He just wants Zeke to keep scoring TDs and Gregory to keep getting sacks.

This "loyalty" is only an illusion that only exists because Zeke is a great football player.
Do you really believe this?? What did Josh Brent ever do for Jerry?

Sydla

Reaction score
If you are the best RB in the league why would you take second best money?

Because the market is screaming the highest paid TB got overpaid and the team who paid him that is likely having 2nd thoughts after their top paid TB played second fiddle to a guy off the street down the stretch for them in 2018.

Zeke can certainly ask for whatever he wants but the market is what the market is and IMO there isn’t a market that going to exceed Gurley’s 45MM guaranteed.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If he doesn't accept this then trade him. This with the understanding the guaranteed money is good.

Agreed. Jerry is now offering him the money that I think he wants. He has to take this. If he's not happy with this, then idk what else he could want.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Zeke better realize that the cowboys don't have to make this deal yet....He better take it or he will be sitting for a looooong time

You're funny, if they don't have to do then why do it? JJ's joke may cost them another million or so, I told all you "Zeke has no leverage" suckers that he was going to get paid but you wouldn't listen.

birdwells1

Reaction score
You can't really compare across positions though because of the value the league has essentially placed on the various positions.

Elliott is probably a better player than Dak, but because of the nature of the positions, Elliott will never sniff a contract like Dak's.
Dak shouldn't sniff a contract like Dak's.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The talent he bring is the leverage he does have. Dallas would not be making this offer if they did not feel he was important to their success. Clearly there is no benefit for Zeke holding out long term considering there is 2 years on his current deal by the same token Dallas know the importance of him being on the field.

He has no real leverage.

Dallas is doing him a big favor if they give him a big deal.

Him being talented really means nothing because he can be talented sitting at hone losing possibly millions of dollars by not playing.

The shape of these contracts mean more in the long term then this season.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, we know the Rams overpaid Gurley and already regret it.
But I suspect Zeke wants more anyway.

lopey

Reaction score
You're funny, if they don't have to do then why do it? JJ's joke may cost them another million or so, I told all you "Zeke has no leverage" suckers that he was going to get paid but you wouldn't listen.
They do it because they want to win and Zeke gives us the best chance. He is not going to get more than what Gurley got, he just isn't so he better sign or sit!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He's not better than Gurley or Barkley.
He might actually be the best, but he certainly doesn’t have much of a case.
Gurley was the 1st team All-Pro RB before signing his deal. He then responded to the signing by repeating as the 1st team All-Pro RB.
Over the last two years, Gurley has more yards, higher YPC, more receptions, more receiving yards, and most notably a whopping 40-18 edge in touchdowns.

Jipper

Reaction score
Fan base is fickle they will love him if he is producing on the field and helping this team to a championship. By the same token with the big contract comes bigger expectation by the fan base. Fans will get over holdouts and big contracts as long as the player and team make it payoff in the end

i dont know man, i think he has really rubbed the fans the wrong way....i mean i am sure a lot dont care but i know i will never buy a zeke jersey and he was on my list this year....not that he cares but i dont care about him anymore....he plays great, he doesnt mhhh, will pull for pollard.

birdwells1

Reaction score
That somehow gets lost on people but it is fact. They had a great deal while it lasted and an even better one with the QB but bills come due.

Should have won a sb during that time, if so could've played hard ball with Zeke. Thanks JG.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He has no real leverage.

Dallas is doing him a big favor if they give him a big deal.

Him being talented really means nothing because he can be talented sitting at hone losing possibly millions of dollars by not playing.

His talent in helping this team win means a lot or else Jerry would not be upping the offer. They are not doing it out of the kindness of their heart. If he was some jag Dallas would not be wasting time but he is a top player that they want out on the field. If he sits and this team is losing they you better believe Dallas will react just as they did by going out and getting Cooper. I'm not saying their is not a downside for Zeke with 2 years remaining but what he bring to the offense means a lot to this team. I like what I see from Pollard but he has 2 pre season games with minimal carries and people want to act as if he is going to carry this load? BS

birdwells1

Reaction score
I don't like how these contracts are going with a couple players demanding so much with all of the rest getting so little in comparison. So if Dallas pays Zeke, Dak, & Amari top dollar, how are they going to keep the team together? I am sorry but a team is more important than a single player. If you over pay a player or two or three, the entire team will get weaker as good players leave for FA. This is what happened to the 90's Cowboys for those too young to know. We signed the triplets and a couple players on defense to HUGE deals and had nothing left over for the lunch pale guys who were also good and we had to replace them with jags. I hope the Jones's learn from their earlier version of themselves and pay less per player in order to have a more complete TEAM. The best franchise in all of sports (Patriots) for the past 15 years does this. Why not follow their lead?

The Pats have also had Brady and Belicheck during those 15 years.

Big_D

Reaction score
He might actually be the best, but he certainly doesn’t have much of a case.
Gurley was the 1st team All-Pro RB before signing his deal. He then responded to the signing by repeating as the 1st team All-Pro RB.
Over the last two years, Gurley has more yards, higher YPC, more receptions, more receiving yards, and most notably a whopping 40-18 edge in touchdowns.

And a Super Bowl appearance.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
i dont know man, i think he has really rubbed the fans the wrong way....i mean i am sure a lot dont care but i know i will never buy a zeke jersey and he was on my list this year....not that he cares but i dont care about him anymore....he plays great, he doesnt mhhh, will pull for pollard.

TO rubbed people the wrong way but they sure as hell cheered for him when he signed with Dallas. Same with Deion. Winning in sports cures a lot and changes people perceptions