Cowboys Making Late Run At Signing Dak Prescott To Extension

johneric8

Reaction score
Great news, Dak is an amazing person, leader and QB whom stands to get better and better. With his reliability and steady improvement I think this is a very wise move by the cowboys! I'm happy about this, Dak is the man!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Come on Catch. You know it’s not true that “at worst” they will Be Dakish.

There are a lot of QB’s drafted in the first round that aren’t as good as Dak. It’s probably a 50/50 shot at best that you draft a QB as good as he is. And even less then 50% that they will be better than Dak.

Sure there’s a chance you could draft somebody better. But there’s also the chance that you burn a first round pick and end up with a worse QB.

There is plenty of risk involved with letting Dak walk and trying to replace him through the draft. At least be honest with yourself about the realities of what trying to replace him would look like.
Hurts and Fromm are the most pro ready college QB'S in my opinion.

jnday

Reaction score
Of course not. Draft a guy in the 1st round.. At worst they will probably be very Dak'ish.

The only reason to play Rush is if you're tanking.
Never mind, the Dakonians think the only option to Dak is Rush. They don’t see any other options such as drafting more of a pure QB.

cern

Reaction score
Liking or disliking Dak is irrelevant. Can he throw deep or not? Irrelevant. Accurate or not? Good or bad footwork? Doesn't matter. What he does is win. And to win you probably have to possess some of the aforementioned traits.

Last edited:

Blake

Reaction score
Never mind, the Dakonians think the only option to Dak is Rush. They don’t see any other options such as drafting more of a pure QB.

Anyone that idolizes the dopehead Kid Rock, can't be taken serious in intellectual football discussions.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Ed werder just regurgitated what we already heard. SOMEONE in the sports world we need to give major props to is Jay Glazer. THAT GUY knows what he is talking about and doesn't spew the same old stuff all the other talking heads do. He is a legit "insider." Guy called the Zeke signing before game 1 like a month in advance. Same with Skip Bayless. Those 2 were spot on.
When Glazer says something I take it as gospel

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Come on Catch. You know it’s not true that “at worst” they will Be Dakish.

There are a lot of QB’s drafted in the first round that aren’t as good as Dak. It’s probably a 50/50 shot at best that you draft a QB as good as he is. And even less then 50% that they will be better than Dak.

Sure there’s a chance you could draft somebody better. But there’s also the chance that you burn a first round pick and end up with a worse QB.

There is plenty of risk involved with letting Dak walk and trying to replace him through the draft. At least be honest with yourself about the realities of what trying to replace him would look like.

Listen.. It's just my opinion. I may be wrong.. But I look around the league and don't see a lot of terrible QB's on any team and I just don't see the Ryan Leaf / Jamarcus Russell busts at the rate like I used to see them.

You really have to search for a QB thats just "terrible" and it's guys like Eli, Flacco, and Nick Foles who are former Superbowl champions.

Andy Dalton? Nobody wants him but again he's nothing terrible.

Jameis Winston? Complete knucklehead but he probably does well in Dallas with less on his shoulders..

Derek Carr? I actually would love to see him in this offense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Dak's 2 best qualities are his leadership and his availability.

His on the field production gets replaced pretty easy IMO.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Yeah because their teams are terrible and Dak is just fortunate to play on a good team which brings me back to my point of him being easy to replace because mediocre QB's like him are easy to find.

The problem is that they really aren't. This issue happens in virtually every sport. Good but not great players get paid like great players because its hard to find even them. If Dallas had Cooper Rush as QB, the entire year would be wasted. There is no point in having Zeke or Tank or Tyron or anyone else if your QB is Cooper Rush.

I'm not a Dak fan by any stretch but I don't think that Dallas could just go to the QB convenience mart and get a replacement.

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
Whats wrong with Trubisky? He's solid.
Dak is more then solid right now and is improving and does nothing but win. I get some of the hate, he isn't Romo and never will be, but that's alright, we lucked into that. But being able to just pick some guy and plug him in doesn't make any sense.