COWBOYS MEDIA has gone P2P (preliminary stages)

webby75216

Reaction score
It's extremely slow. It's telling me it's going to take a 1 day and 9 hours to download 1 game. Some body please help

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
73Allen73;2782940 said:
Why do you say this here but in your other thread you are asking folks to post their keys for others to see?

Because some people may wish not to post their Public Keys if they are only downloading from me as their sole friend. However, if they want to share their own files or download files from other people who are sharing other stuff, then they would have to share their keys.

Just thought he should think about what he was doing before he chose to do it.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
webby75216;2784692 said:
It's extremely slow. It's telling me it's going to take a 1 day and 9 hours to download 1 game. Some body please help

This is because only 20% of the 50 current friends in the circle are seeding at one time. The other 80% are not even on-line seeding the files. Which means they are not providing bandwidth. Plus, they may not be seeding the file you want. So I may be your only seed.

This will be entirely different when people start becoming more active, and we have more friends seeding. The regular season will bring more friends to increase the seeding.

For example, when the first game of the season Week 1 2009 is loaded as a torrent, everyone will want it. So there will be dozens of seeds, and the download time will be a few hours or less. Then hopefully many people continue seeding it, or by 2010, I may be the only remaining seed.

If you complete downloading the game you mentioned, then you will be seeding 100% of the file. So then you and I would be hosting the entire file. As a result, the next person who starts to download it will have an ETA of half the time you encountered. (x3) = 1/3 ETA (x4) = 1/4 ETA etc. etc.. It's actually faster than that example I gave, but you get the idea.

So the slow download time has mostly to do with this week being our first week of seeding. Not to mention it being the off season.

I just hope that everyone gets started now and not the day of the game. Then I will be slammed with Public keys to add. Since everyone will want Week 1 2009 etc. etc.. So if you are reading this and intend to download the 2009 games, get set up now. Not at the last minute.

Hope this helps.