COWBOYS MEDIA has gone P2P (preliminary stages)

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
cowboy4322;2776082 said:
I run on firefox, how can I configure oneswarm onto firefox as when I click on the icon, it runs on IE.

Thanks

Cowboy4322

I'm not certain my application defaulted to Fire Fox. Toy around with it and let me know what works. Others may have this same question.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
bigE79;2776091 said:
did you get the pm i sent with my public key?

Check your PM's I just added you. And you should have my public key to add to your account. Then you can start downloading. :)

bigE79

Reaction score
cowboy4322;2776082 said:
I run on firefox, how can I configure oneswarm onto firefox as when I click on the icon, it runs on IE.

Thanks

Cowboy4322
make your default browser firefox in your internet settings,that should take care of the problem:star:

bigE79

Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2776095 said:
Check your PM's I just added you. And you should have my public key to add to your account. Then you can start downloading. :)
nothing yet SG

FCBarca

Reaction score
Very nice...Torrenting is really the ideal way to go, IMHO...I see lots of other sites etc. going the RS or Megaupload route etc. too...You think we'll see more HD content this upcoming season?

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
FCBarca;2776140 said:
Very nice...Torrenting is really the ideal way to go, IMHO...I see lots of other sites etc. going the RS or Megaupload route etc. too...You think we'll see more HD content this upcoming season?

Without a doubt. I am seeding some now, not to mention .ISO files. :)

FCBarca

Reaction score
And for those looking for a new way to view these files, I highly recommend picking up a WD TV Media player...Love it

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
BTW guys. I will be able to stream the games via this app.. So if your into live broadcast streams. I will be hosting them with Oneswarm.

No more Sopcast.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
BTW guys. I will be able to stream the games via this app.. So if your into live broadcast streams. I will be hosting them with Oneswarm.

No more Sopcast.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2776062 said:
Hey Webby:

You may want to be extra careful about sharing that public key. I would alter your post and send the key to me in a PM.

Hi StarGazer.

There is no security risk or other problem by sharing a public key. Even by posting it in a public forum. public key are ment to be shared that's the idea of them.

With a public key everybody is able to encrypt a message. But the only one who can decrypt it is the one with the matching private key. So this makes it safe that only the one who is supposed to read the message is able to decrypt and so read it. So if you have to send a person a message and you want to make sure that only this person receives it (being able to decrypt and therefor read it = receiving) take his public key decrypt the message and send it to him.

To make it short: Keep your private key always secure and give out your public key to whomever you want.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
TwentyOne;2776225 said:
Hi StarGazer.

There is no security risk or other problem by sharing a public key. Even by posting it in a public forum. public key are ment to be shared that's the idea of them.

With a public key everybody is able to encrypt a message. But the only one who can decrypt it is the one with the matching private key. So this makes it safe that only the one who is supposed to read the message is able to decrypt and so read it. So if you have to send a person a message and you want to make sure that only this person receives it (being able to decrypt and therefor read it = receiving) take his public key decrypt the message and send it to him.

To make it short: Keep your private key always secure and give out your public key to whomever you want.

Good point.

I think everyone should pass it out selectively. The more outsiders they bring to their personal circle, the more bandwidth the Cowboys Zone circle will benefit from. Duplicate friends within multiple circles becomes redundant.

So everyone please give your Public Key to your Cowboys Fan friends at home. And we will rock with bandwidth. :yourock:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
What are the risks to me for unblocking OneSwarm? It says it will be unblocked on all private networks I connect to. I'm not clear what that means. thanks

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2776264 said:
What are the risks to me for unblocking OneSwarm? It says it will be unblocked on all private networks I connect to. I'm not clear what that means. thanks

Check your PM's I replied to your PM.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Cross your video list over with mine. Here is how.................

You do not need to download an entire "Tag" category. All the video in those categories are grouped together. If you want to download individual video pieces, you can follow this procedure........

1. Choose "view as a list" not the thumbnail view. The option is under "date added", below the toolbar menu at the top of the application.

2. From the list, check the box next to the category you are interested in.

3. Go to the "More Actions" pull-down menu. It's in the toolbar at the top of the application next to "settings".

4. Pull the menu down, and select "view swarm details"

5. Deselect all the checked boxes by scrolling down to the bottom of the list of video in the category.

6. Select the individual video or video's you are interested in.

7. Then "update" the choices with the button at the bottom of the list.

If there is video you have that is better quality than mine, then you can create a hash and anyone who is your friend can download and seed it. Just give them your public key. Keep in mind not to create torrents of already existing files in the circle of friends. We wouldn't want any redundancies that would diversify seeds.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
If there is video you have that is better quality than mine, then you can create a hash and anyone who is your friend can download and seed it. Just give them your public key. Keep in mind not to create torrents of already existing files in the circle of friends. We wouldn't want any redundancies that would diversify seeds.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
STAR GAZER;2776053 said:
This software is uniquely designed compared with other torrent clients. Check-out the Oneswarm website and you will see what I mean.
I'm quite familiar with oneswam, akamai, and many others out there. For example, OneSwarm supports bittorrent but it was designed to use its own protocol and quite likely will when connected to other oneswarm-based users.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I moved this thread to the Media Zone because this is not something CowboysZone is able to support or recommend given the potential for computer performance and security issues caused by something like this.

To all CowboysZone users, I highly recommend you do your own research before installing any third party software like this into your browser. In many cases, your browser privacy and security settings are sacrificed either intentionally or accidentally through potential computer viruses and hacking.

I am in no way saying OneSwarm is unsafe or that you should not use it. I am simply saying you should decide carefully and understand the potential risks involved with using browser plugins and peer-to-peer software of any kind, not just OneSwarm.

-Reality

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
I understand the concern. Thanks Reality.

For what it's worth, I have been using Bit Torrent clients for years, and have never been infected. It's very likely I have downloaded and seeded tetra bytes upon tetra bytes of content.

There are risks. But not any more than visiting an unknown website. And or downloading something from them.

73Allen73

Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2776062 said:
Hey Webby:

You may want to be extra careful about sharing that public key. I would alter your post and send the key to me in a PM.
Why do you say this here but in your other thread you are asking folks to post their keys for others to see?