Cowboys Media (Password Protection)

SweetDC

Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2204217 said:
Then again since when were Commander fans anything more or less than a nuisance.
Tell me about it. Try living in the same town as them. It's nauseating.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
Please a nincampoop step by step guide to watching HK3, because I'm not getting it done preseason form ya'know...

monkey

Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2204197 said:
Sorry about this guys. I had to password protect the video page.

Cowboys Media has become so popular, we are serving rival fans video of our losses. Fortunately we didn't have many last season, but I can't tolerate it any longer. The thought of a Commanders fans enjoying the resources and labor of good hearted Cowboys fans, not to mention stealing your connection time, just makes me sick.
Thanks
SG

Fairly new poster/visitor to the Cowboys Media page, but wanted to say thanks for the great service you are providing. I was able to download a game last season that I had missed and it was very nice.

I don't know much about making a torrent, but would it be advantageous for you and the server's bandwith to do something like that for the initial surge on specific files/games? I am on an OSU site that has down that for some of the bigger games and it seems to work pretty well (except for the lack of long-term ability to download once people stop seeding). I found that there the Hard Knocks have some torrents, but all require registrations on specific sites.

Just an idea that might help. Thanks again for your work!

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
monkey;2204903 said:
Fairly new poster/visitor to the Cowboys Media page, but wanted to say thanks for the great service you are providing. I was able to download a game last season that I had missed and it was very nice.

I don't know much about making a torrent, but would it be advantageous for you and the server's bandwith to do something like that for the initial surge on specific files/games? I am on an OSU site that has down that for some of the bigger games and it seems to work pretty well (except for the lack of long-term ability to download once people stop seeding). I found that there the Hard Knocks have some torrents, but all require registrations on specific sites.

Just an idea that might help. Thanks again for your work!

Good suggestion, I've been looking into the possiblity. But have discovered some downside that could be a problem. One of which you mentioned is the long-term, and the other is that seeders often hit and run and then there are no seeds for leachers to get a decent download time.

Another is that too many people know anything about it, so the vast majority of users would still depend on the bandwidth. So it's still up in the air as to wether or not we will go through the trouble.

Nice thought though. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

SkinsSuck09

Reaction score
Yeah f them Skins!! I am happy to hear you are switching up the PW info. And by the way, That site is the best thing since sliced bread!

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
I also just want to say I greatly appreciate what you are doing here. I wouldn't be watching Hard Knocks without it. It really is a great thing you are doing.

monkey

Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2204928 said:
Good suggestion, I've been looking into the possiblity. But have discovered some downside that could be a problem. One of which you mentioned is the long-term, and the other is that seeders often hit and run and then there are no seeds for leachers to get a decent download time.

Another is that too many people know anything about it, so the vast majority of users would still depend on the bandwidth. So it's still up in the air as to wether or not we will go through the trouble.

Nice thought though. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Sure thing. I didn't think about those who don't know how torrents work (I didn't not that long ago) and those that don't seed are an issue. Really annoys me that people do that, I always try to seed 2x as much as I get. When I originally looked at some private sites, some said they would boot you if you didn't seed enough. However, I don't know how that works (I'm guessing through the IP addresses), but that may be getting way more complicated and end up being more work for you.

You current way is working good for me, thanks again!

duccii42

Reaction score
thanks so much man... was downloading Hard Knocks episode 5 then i couldn't get part 2 to work. Just had to scroll down.:bow:

This site has saved my sanity since I've been out of the country the past two seasons!!!