Video: Cowboys Meet With Alabama CB Patrick Surtain | Dallas Cowboys 2021

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This seems like it belongs in a CeeDee thread, rather than a Surtain thread.:D

I do however like the fact that MM asked him what name he prefers. That's a show of respect, IMO.

817Gill

Reaction score
Let’s get aggressive after we draft Surtain/Horn. Package picks to get back into the first or for multiple 2’s and let’s roll. 4 impact players over 8 rotational/starter types.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Such a professional. I don’t get the hate for him on this board by the usual suspects. The guy will be from day one our best cornerback.

He doesn’t have that fiery personality people want in a CB. That is pretty much the only reason.

The Realist

Reaction score
Who wants a fiery personality in a CB? You want a guy with a short memory who does his job play after play whether he just made an INT or got burnt for a TD, not a guy who will get emotional out there.

It’s Horn’s fiery personality that got under Pitts skin when he played him. Pitts said he’s the best CB he faced.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Such a professional. I don’t get the hate for him on this board by the usual suspects. The guy will be from day one our best cornerback.

It comes from the Pitts "the generational player and all universe" clan that wants him in Dallas to help Dak look better. They don't give a dammm about the defense actually and just want high picks on the O. Think they can outscore the opposition. Defense is what we need, i have a fever, and the prescription is more cow bell, on D.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Who wants a fiery personality in a CB? You want a guy with a short memory who does his job play after play whether he just made an INT or got burnt for a TD, not a guy who will get emotional out there.
It's called a competitive nature. A CB basically has to take a matchup personal to be a shutdown corner.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He doesn’t have that fiery personality people want in a CB. That is pretty much the only reason.
I like Horne but right now he would be cornerback 3 on our roster. The coaches will have to coach him up to be a good cornerback. Surtain is already there and is 21 years old. But Horne will talk trash to the receivers.:rolleyes: