Cowboys meeting with South Carolina CB Jaycee Horn

Creeper

Reaction score
I heard on the radio his official time in the 40 is 4.37. But he did not run the 3-cone of short-shuttle so we cannot gauge his quickness other than game videos. But Surtain didn't run those drills either. So both appear to be riding on their 40 times.

I am with a few others. If Surtain is gone, and I think he will be by the 10th pick, I am fine with Horn. I would not trade down hoping to land him either. I think CBs are going to go quick in this year since there isn't much else defensively in this draft.

Creeper

Reaction score
Just tan the PFN draft simulator and guess who was the first CB off the board? Horn. They must have updated their algorithms already!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Just tan the PFN draft simulator and guess who was the first CB off the board? Horn. They must have updated their algorithms already!
It's probably a good idea by them to change it up. Those simulations were getting pretty boring if the same guys keep popping up.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Why are they even meeting w secondary? It’s not lik Dallas’ missing link is in the secondary

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Horn has just replaced Farley as the "other" top corner with Surtain. I would still prefer Surtain at # 10, but am less likely to be upset if they take Horn.
I was originally wanting Fraley, but with his other concerns and now back surgery - Im out.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Several saying SF might grab him at 12. I’m fine with Surtain or Horn. I’m hoping Sewell falls but like I said fine with either.

Think it depends on how Farley checks out with his back, if he is good to go then I think you are safe at 14/15. If not you may need to stay at 10.

tm1119

Reaction score
What am I missing here? How does this suddenly propel Horn into the top 15?

Eric Stokes is 6’1 and ran a 4.29 40 with a 41.5” vert
Greg Newsome is 6’ and ran a 4.38 with a 40” vert

Horn, Newsome, and Stokes are all very similar prospects and drafting any 1 significantly higher than the other 2 would be a mistake in my opinion.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
seems we are ignoring DT in the draft.
Yes sir.

Jerry Jones' future book titled..."How to be the greatest NFL GM ever" will outline in chapter one that you by no means acknowledge that safety or DT matter at all.

Itll fully explain how to stay the course despite Red Sea type running lanes and blown assignments on deep passes.

Plankton

Reaction score

Horn, Newsome, and Stokes are all very similar prospects and drafting any 1 significantly higher than the other 2 would be a mistake in my opinion.

I would be very comfortable trading down from 10 to somewhere between 20 and 25, and going with Zaven Collins, Trevon Moehrig and then following up in Round 2 with Stokes or Newsome.

Gaede

Reaction score

Let's just be honest. Horn is way cooler.

Gaede

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm officially on the Jaycee Horn bandwagon. https://www.ninersnation.com/platfo...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

We always complain about how our players lack intensity, just doing their job etc. Good guys who just want to go home at the end of the day.

This guy is the fighter we are missing. Not only that, he's extremely talented, has NFL bloodlines, and isn't some weirdo off the field.

I am a huge fan of Surtain, but Horn is my number one guy now.

morasp

Reaction score
They said on GBag Nation that Quinn is best friends with S. Carolina's head coach so he should have the inside scoop on Horn.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Horn is my favorite corner in the draft. He said he's the best defensive player in the draft, love the confidence.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think Horn is the guy we are looking at, TBH. Truthfully, I didn't expect him to run as fast as he did. Kind of a drag because now, that probably pushes him up the board. He's the right size, right physical attributes, right attitude, to play in Quinn's scheme. He likes to play physical and he likes to bump and run. I think he's the guy.