Cowboys mentioned as landing spot for Roquan Smith trade

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This should surprise no one........BTW he's in the final year of his rookie deal @ $9.7M. But either way, nearly zero chance of this happening.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...6aUAZKVogv0Y-gWqG1WSZ68059NATFzrVGyIHmBvHdjMA
5. Dallas Cowboys
Jerry Jones is never afraid to make a big splash, so we can never count the Cowboys out when a player of Smith's caliber goes on the block. Leighton Vander Esch re-signed with Dallas this offseason on a one-year, $2 million deal, so they aren't committed to the former first-round pick long-term despite him currently sitting atop the depth chart at the middle linebacker spot. Vander Esch has also had durability problems throughout his career, so this is very much an area the Cowboys could look to improve upon as they head into a 2022 campaign where expectations are sky high.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/roquan-smith-25103

I shall be at the Home despot picking up women.
Holla if someone named Saquon is mentioned.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This should surprise no one........BTW he's in the final year of his rookie deal @ $9.7M. But either way, nearly zero chance of this happening.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...6aUAZKVogv0Y-gWqG1WSZ68059NATFzrVGyIHmBvHdjMA
5. Dallas Cowboys
Jerry Jones is never afraid to make a big splash, so we can never count the Cowboys out when a player of Smith's caliber goes on the block. Leighton Vander Esch re-signed with Dallas this offseason on a one-year, $2 million deal, so they aren't committed to the former first-round pick long-term despite him currently sitting atop the depth chart at the middle linebacker spot. Vander Esch has also had durability problems throughout his career, so this is very much an area the Cowboys could look to improve upon as they head into a 2022 campaign where expectations are sky high.

Less than zero. 9M salary...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hope not

if u trade away pick…high pick at that and then u also have to give a market setting contract u can not do it for a non premium positon or u will regret it 99.99999%!

no ilb, no safety, no running back, no iol, stuff like that

qb, wr, ot, edge, cb, maybe dt….that is ok
we do NOT NEED A LB..tired of the media using us as way to attract views..
Are you two the same person...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Are you two the same person...
Nope....some of us do NOT Live here nor take this SM seriously enough to write article quality responses. we use SM via Text talk as a distraction but no way im taking the time to put effort into something that in the grand scheme of things is very low on my daily responsibility's.

dont like it , do not read ,nor respond.

doesn't bother me..I use SM for what its worth a basic quick hit and run distraction.

Texting formats are acceptable unless you are an ADD, OCD, and have such a giant ego to actually criticize someone for the way they write in a SM setting.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

5. Dallas Cowboys

Reporters just throw the Cowboys in there for clicks. I like the guy but they are set at LB. if they spend any more money I want it to be on OL.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying I think there is a 95% chance (probably higher) that Smith isnt even being seriously discussed by the Cowboys front office. If there was a way to work this out, however.....

Parsons instantly becomes the ultimate X factor player that the Cowboys could use for any role in any situation. You would have Smith/Barr/LVE/Cox as a nice LB rotation and Parsons could be part of that or DQ could let Parsons line up on the LOS 80% or more of the time.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Cowboys won’t do this. Moves like these are made by winning franchises like the Rams or Chiefs. Franchises that follow the “we like our guys” model are losers and that is what the Cowboys of today are, losers.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Reality is, we don't need him that bad. The cost is just too high. We need a (swing)left tackle much worse.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Reporters just throw the Cowboys in there for clicks. I like the guy but they are set at LB. if they spend any more money I want it to be on OL.
exactly releases and cut downs will be hoping for OL depth IE the swing guys and next is a VET WR.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Reality is, we don't need him that bad. The cost is just too high. We need a (swing)left tackle much worse.
No such thing, a swing tackle must be able to play both sides hence calling them a swing not a bench LOL. however, I agree that will be the next position needed to be filled once the coaches and Fo realize the young guys aren't ready.

quickccc

Reaction score
Nah,.. they want it to be news ...being tagged to the Cowboys America's Team makes it that much more appealing ..and a wanna be news

But i cannot see Stephen is come close to picking up the phone for a serious trade consideration.

He's got his own stage front star LB that he is gearing up cap money to re-sign to " richest defensive player in NFL history" deal ever and not giving up 1st rd, multiple picks
for Roquan Smith.

Stephen " Moneyball " Jones is gonna wanna find that kind of quality off the ball LB in a much. much more cheaply way.
He's hoping young ex-LSU backers Cox or Clark eventually becomes that kind of future long term backer.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Big splashy trades or signings happened pre-Stevie Jones.

Stevie has neutered Jerry.

It’s getting comical….any time XXX player wants a trade or XXX fa is on the market and wants to increase their perceived value the cowboys are “linked” either through a media source or a random report.

Then 99 times out of 100 we do not trade for or sign said player.

BOTTOM LINE - it’s 100% click bait

Cracks me up that a lot of people still fall for it and have hope we’re going to sign or trade for someone

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The Cowboys won’t do this. Moves like these are made by winning franchises like the Rams or Chiefs. Franchises that follow the “we like our guys” model are losers and that is what the Cowboys of today are, losers.

:hammer:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I think there’s no question we won’t do this and I agree the cowboys don’t make splash moves like this and it’s annoying but if they were going to are we sure it’s smart to make the big sexy splash move on a line backer who wants $20m a year? I’m not sure this is the move to stop being cheap on.

just doesn’t seem feasible not that they would do it lol

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I would take him in a heartbeat. The move makes sense...it would allow you to move Parsons to DE...where he thrived last year. D-Law takes Gregory's spot....consider it an upgrade over last years lineup.

conner01

Reaction score

5. Dallas Cowboys

Probably less than zero