Cowboys mentioned as landing spot for Roquan Smith trade

conner01

Reaction score
I think the LB group is actually shaping into one of the strongest units on the ball club. Parsons, Cox this season and the future, Damone Clark for the future, LVE for this season and depth, Barr for this season and depth...I like this unit.

Reporters love to add the Cowboys to every free agent story except QB it seems.
Better ways to spend the money and draft picks

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just picturing roquan holding down the middle of the field and micah just moving around being a menace
Would love seeing the options Q could have for this defense with his addition.
Adding Barr and Smith to this LB group could put you into a lot of good 3-4 packages.

JayFord

Reaction score
Due diligence .....fair offer.....cowboys arent interested

rinse repeat

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
we do NOT NEED A LB..tired of the media using us as way to attract views..

Maybe we don't need him, but it'd be very nice to have him. He's a solid LB, and he's a nice run stopper. Also, between him and Barr, Parsons would only have to rush the passer, which is where he's at his best.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
"Cowboys mentioned as landing spot for Roquan Smith trade to boost ratings of lame article"

Fixed it for ya!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Nope. If they had wanted to allocate big cap dollars to an off ball LB they could have ponied up for Bobby Wagner and saved themselves the trade compensation.
Are we sure that Wagner is better fit for the Cowboys defense then Barr? The Cowboys defense is legit if we get just average play from the defensive tackles.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It’s all about clicks. I noticed every football show has one segment about the Cowboys each day. They always focus on the negative as well. I mean the media thinks losing Washington will hurt the offense and they suggest we bring in OBJ.:laugh::facepalm:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s a better chance it will snow in Dallas this summer than the Cowboys acquiring Roquan Smith.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
It’s all about clicks. I noticed every football show has one segment about the Cowboys each day. They always focus on the negative as well. I mean the media thinks losing Washington will hurt the offense and they suggest we bring in OBJ.:laugh::facepalm:
I am more concerned about depth on offensive line.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Maybe we don't need him, but it'd be very nice to have him. He's a solid LB, and he's a nice run stopper. Also, between him and Barr, Parsons would only have to rush the passer, which is where he's at his best.
cost & , IE draft picks, says we do NOT need him that bad for an investment whe we have an OL and opisby WR that needs adrssiug or hey say a KICKER..LB room is full of good to great payers now..

why do you think the bears are dragging their feet, cost etc the guy has seen the defensive Average salary jump to near 20 mil plus for DE/LB and other [pertinent positions. he considers himself a star..he not coming cheap too much pay and draft picks.

can i be clearer? DONT NEED......

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
cost & , IE draft picks, says we do NOT need him that bad for an investment whe we have an OL and opisby WR that needs adrssiug or hey say a KICKER..LB room is full of good to great payers now..

why do you think the bears are dragging their feet, cost etc the guy has seen the defensive Average salary jump to near 20 mil plus for DE/LB and other [pertinent positions. he considers himself a star..he not coming cheap too much pay and draft picks.

can i be clearer? DONT NEED......

Calm down, I clearly said we don't need him. I just said it'd be nice to have him. There's a difference between saying we need him and saying it'd be nice if we got him. I then explained why I thought it'd be nice.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It’s getting comical….any time XXX player wants a trade or XXX fa is on the market and wants to increase their perceived value the cowboys are “linked” either through a media source or a random report.

Then 99 times out of 100 we do not trade for or sign said player.

BOTTOM LINE - it’s 100% click bait

Cracks me up that a lot of people still fall for it and have hope we’re going to sign or trade for someone

"mentioned"

Yep. Clickbait.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Duane Brown cost the Jets 22 million $ over 2 yrs after they lost Becton at T for the yr. With Barr joining the LB room hopefully Cox contributing this yr the Cowboys poker chips would be better spent solidifying a T position with 77 an injury away from missing games .

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Bears would fleece Jerry. I was watching an interview with Asante Samuel discussing Nmamdi as a free agent. He said philly people said he wanted 20 mil from Dallas but we said no. Then Andy Reid said he'd do 15 and he said yes lol. Souch for everybody wanting to be a Cowboy

Motorola

Reaction score
This should surprise no one........BTW he's in the final year of his rookie deal @ $9.7M. BUT EITHER WAY, ZERO CHANCE OF THIS HAPPENING.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...6aUAZKVogv0Y-gWqG1WSZ68059NATFzrVGyIHmBvHdjMA
5. Dallas Cowboys
Jerry Jones is never afraid to make a big splash, so we can never count the Cowboys out when a player of Smith's caliber goes on the block. Leighton Vander Esch re-signed with Dallas this offseason on a one-year, $2 million deal, so they aren't committed to the former first-round pick long-term despite him currently sitting atop the depth chart at the middle linebacker spot. Vander Esch has also had durability problems throughout his career, so this is very much an area the Cowboys could look to improve upon as they head into a 2022 campaign where expectations are sky high.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/roquan-smith-25103
So --why post the thread?