Cowboys Might consider Trading Dak Prescott For Different Reasons

TWOK11

Reaction score
Unless it’s the #1 pick, hell no. Dak is already a better NFL QB than Rosen ever will be.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I copied the title from the site.
It’s on Diehard Cowboy Fans on Facebook. An entertaining read. Once you open it up will see.

Like I said .. far fetched thought.
I did read it and there is NO mention of Dallas considering anything close to that. Misleading, clickbait title.
It references Arizona being interested in a move, but nothing that Dallas is actually considering it.

"Consider yourself sucked" - Bill Parcell.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I would entertain it for the Raiders...

Carr.. and 2 of their 1sts( not our but theirs top 5 pick and the bears of course)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I did read it and there is NO mention of Dallas considering anything close to that. Misleading, clickbait title.
It references Arizona being interested in a move, but nothing that Dallas is actually considering it.

"Consider yourself sucked" - Bill Parcell.
It’s simply a fans report.

Kinda like what you might see on several of these fan sites.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I would entertain it for the Raiders...

Carr.. and 2 of their 1sts( not our but theirs top 5 pick and the bears of course)
Carr is terrible. You wanna pair him with Cooper again? lol...that duo did nothing for 2 years. Cooper left there so he could get the ball.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
hmm ok. The use of "Report" makes it appear this was/is being discussed with the Cowboys staff.
Sorry if it came off that way. Was not my intention. I simply copied and paste the subject from the site.

I doubt the Cowboys front office would be discussing it on FB.

aria

Reaction score
I wouldn’t risk trading Dak but I’d be curious to see how Rosen does behind a decent O line. Every QB last year had question marks, and still do, but I thought Rosen was one of the top 2 if not the top QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wouldn’t risk trading Dak but I’d be curious to see how Rosen does behind a decent O line. Every QB last hear had question marks, and still do, but I thought Rosen was one of the top 2.
I liked Rosen too.

I can’t imagine AZ giving up Rosen along with a 1st and 3rd. Especially when they seem poised to take Murray.

But the basis of this report was AZ is wanting to deal Rosen. And pondered if we might be interested.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Imagine a world where the Cowboys trade quarterback Dak Prescott.

The three-year Dallas quarterback had led the team to two NFC East Division championships and a playoff victory in the last three years since taking over for Tony Romo. However, Prescott is entering a contract year and can be a free agent at the end of the 2019 season.

As crazy as it may seem to the average Cowboy fan, the idea is not all farfetched.

When the Philadelphia Eagles traded Sam Bradford to the Minnesota Vikings, the Eagles received first and fourth round draft picks. Long time ago, the Cincinnati Bengals secured a first and second round pick when they traded Carson Palmer to the Oakland Raiders.

Jay Cutler netted the Denver Broncos two first round draft picks and a third round draft pick from the Chicago Bears nearly 10 years ago.

Prescott is a two time Pro Bowl selection and looks to be entering his prime by turning 26 this season.

According to Peter King, the Arizona Cardinals are interested in shopping Josh Rosen. Prescott could likely bring a first and third round pick in return, and Rosen as well.

This potential trade would benefit both sides believe it or not. The Cardinals would have their franchise quarterback of the future and would not have to burn the No. 1 overall pick on Kyler Murray, but instead bolstering another position.

The Cowboys would have a second-year quarterback who still has three years left on his rookie contract, and would have tons of cap space.

Prescott is not the only player due for a raise. Rushing champion Ezekiel Elliott and star wideout Amari Cooper are also entering contract years.

Would the Cowboys be this aggressive? It is highly doubtful, but makes for one heckuva trade rumor.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://endzonehub.com/2019/03/23/report-cowboys-might-consider-trading-dak-prescott-for-different-reasons/&h=AT0rH6jTwH8RK0A6lzlKuXjQgVOg64BYtz4qZysMgWDx-PaiWDwV9HAg33QHjZvTchw6Ed796ivr8ULTwOLlnZyIISX-de_eW-bL9AB2Q9uv7rbEKLDBy8hSDGKCHhM&s=1

I know. Far fetched but entertaining thought.
Might consider? Either they will or they won't. If "they might" means they haven't yet which is no indicator that they will. Maybe entertaining the thought of trading Dak is interesting to you, but to me it would be an unmitigated disaster.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Carr is terrible. You wanna pair him with Cooper again? lol...that duo did nothing for 2 years. Cooper left there so he could get the ball.

When the raiders went into full shell mode including getting a retired RB in Lynch

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Imagine a world where the Cowboys trade quarterback Dak Prescott.

The three-year Dallas quarterback had led the team to two NFC East Division championships and a playoff victory in the last three years since taking over for Tony Romo. However, Prescott is entering a contract year and can be a free agent at the end of the 2019 season.

As crazy as it may seem to the average Cowboy fan, the idea is not all farfetched.

When the Philadelphia Eagles traded Sam Bradford to the Minnesota Vikings, the Eagles received first and fourth round draft picks. Long time ago, the Cincinnati Bengals secured a first and second round pick when they traded Carson Palmer to the Oakland Raiders.

Jay Cutler netted the Denver Broncos two first round draft picks and a third round draft pick from the Chicago Bears nearly 10 years ago.

Prescott is a two time Pro Bowl selection and looks to be entering his prime by turning 26 this season.

According to Peter King, the Arizona Cardinals are interested in shopping Josh Rosen. Prescott could likely bring a first and third round pick in return, and Rosen as well.

This potential trade would benefit both sides believe it or not. The Cardinals would have their franchise quarterback of the future and would not have to burn the No. 1 overall pick on Kyler Murray, but instead bolstering another position.

The Cowboys would have a second-year quarterback who still has three years left on his rookie contract, and would have tons of cap space.

Prescott is not the only player due for a raise. Rushing champion Ezekiel Elliott and star wideout Amari Cooper are also entering contract years.

Would the Cowboys be this aggressive? It is highly doubtful, but makes for one heckuva trade rumor.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://endzonehub.com/2019/03/23/report-cowboys-might-consider-trading-dak-prescott-for-different-reasons/&h=AT0rH6jTwH8RK0A6lzlKuXjQgVOg64BYtz4qZysMgWDx-PaiWDwV9HAg33QHjZvTchw6Ed796ivr8ULTwOLlnZyIISX-de_eW-bL9AB2Q9uv7rbEKLDBy8hSDGKCHhM&s=1

I know. Far fetched but entertaining thought.
I’m so sick of the offseason trash.

aria

Reaction score
Agreed, Rosen plays 2 games, and people will beg for Dak
I wouldn’t be so sure, imagine if Dak played behind that O line? It would be like playing in his infamous Atlanta game that everyone gave him a ~10 game pass for being “shell shocked” but it would be every week.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This ain't happenin'.

But just for kicks.....I guess the obvious question would be, to what team?

Honestly, in the pie in the sky optimistic season that is right before the draft, what QB needy team would trade away the farm for Dak?

Miami is looking at 2020.
Cincy has QBs they like in the draft...especially the Ohio State guy.
Arizona likes Murray. But if not, I actually don't think Kingsbury would give up a fortune in picks or players for Dak.

Face it; Dak is a Cowboy, so let's hope for the best.