Cowboys Might consider Trading Dak Prescott For Different Reasons

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be so sure, imagine if Dak played behind that O line? It would be like playing in his infamous Atlanta game that everyone gave him a ~10 game pass for being “shell shocked” but it would be every week.

That may be, but I think Rosen is still dreadful.

Flamma

Reaction score
According to Peter King, the Arizona Cardinals are interested in shopping Josh Rosen. Prescott could likely bring a first and third round pick in return, and Rosen as well.

This potential trade would benefit both sides believe it or not. The Cardinals would have their franchise quarterback of the future and would not have to burn the No. 1 overall pick on Kyler Murray, but instead bolstering another position.

Not far fetched as long as you catch Arizona's GM at the right time when he's slipping into dementia. I don't see how this benefits Arizona.

jnday

Reaction score
I would take Rosen in a heartbeat with a couple first round draft picks. I would actually be okay with them taking less if it meant Dak would be gone.

Big_D

Reaction score
We can only hope the Cowboys would do this. Bring in a better QB on a rookie deal and unload Dak before you pay him 25 million a year. That would be a set back.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I liked Rosen too.

I can’t imagine AZ giving up Rosen along with a 1st and 3rd. Especially when they seem poised to take Murray.

But the basis of this report was AZ is wanting to deal Rosen. And pondered if we might be interested.
Yeah
The number one thing Kingsbury wants in his offense is accuracy.
No chance

Flamma

Reaction score
We can only hope the Cowboys would do this. Bring in a better QB on a rookie deal and unload Dak before you pay him 25 million a year. That would be a set back.

Anyone being paid 25 Mil a year is a set back. But unless Dallas chooses to Transition tag him, they'll have no choice. That tag will determine his value and then Dallas would have the upper hand. But if they're just going to ignore all mitigating factors and pay him, yeah, it will cost them.

I have been very critical of Dak but even I have to admit he can be clutch sometimes. You give him some pieces and a solid offensive line and he can make it happen. He's not an interception machine and not injury prone. Sometimes I have to check myself on his criticism. Then you get into character and his intensity and will to win.....

Dak has a lot of upside. The problem is he was a 4th round pick and sometimes he plays like one. My main concern is the cap hit. I just wish they would test him with that T Tag.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Hey OP! I'm the resident tin foil hat theory guy around here and even I know that hot slice of crazy ain't happening. :muttley: