News: Cowboys most likely to miss the Playoffs this year

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's a game of opinions. He is very wrong though.

He may end up being very wrong but can’t blame anyone for thinking the Cowboys will miss the playoffs, they haven’t made the playoffs in back to back years since 06 and 07. For the past 11 years every time they make the playoffs they missed the playoffs the following year. It’s been a troubling trend. The biggest problem the team has had the past decade is handling success. They haven’t been able to build off a good season. When expectations have been high after a playoff season they disappoint the following year. Last season has once again brought high expectations.

On paper this looks like a very solid team but we’ve struggled with first place schedules. If the Cowboys are going to break this troubling up and down pattern they’ve been stuck in for more than a decade they’re going to have to get off to a good start and win the games they’re supposed to win this season. Too many tough games on the schedule to slip up against a very beatable team. We can’t afford to have a game come back to haunt us.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Why in spite of Garrett. The locker room supports him the camaraderie don't you think that's important
Sure it's important, but pro sports are littered with coaches who were liked in the locker room but couldn't deliver the goods when it mattered most. I fear Garrett is that type of coach. He's been here long enough to at least get to a NFCCG, hasn't he?

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
I mean it's not like we don't have a mediocre coach. we do. the clapping carrot is best described as mediocre and unimaginative. Still, I'm pretty sure we will win the division

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The six teams most likely to miss the playoffs after making it in 2018-2019
Michael Colangelo

5 hrs ago
Dallas Cowboys

I was one of those dead-wrong folks who thought the Eagles would win the NFC East last year. So, mark me down as one of the many people who think Philadelphia will reign supreme in their division this year. The Cowboys are good but not great and didn't do much to improve this offseason. They have a mediocre coach at best, and Dallas is stuck with Jason Garrett because he made the playoffs last year. That might cause the Cowboys to miss the playoffs this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-making-it-in-2018-2019/ar-AADk5lz?li=BBnb7Kz
:facepalm:
34dc7w.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There isn’t a more unpredictable team in the NFL than the Cowboys. Just last year was a perfect example of that watching the team go from deader than dead at 3-5 to winning the division and winning a playoff game. What has been predictable is the team hasn’t been able to build off success. That’s been consistent for the past decade.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The six teams most likely to miss the playoffs after making it in 2018-2019

Michael Colangelo
5 hrs ago
Dallas Cowboys

I was one of those dead-wrong folks who thought the Eagles would win the NFC East last year. So, mark me down as one of the many people who think Philadelphia will reign supreme in their division this year. The Cowboys are good but not great and didn't do much to improve this offseason. They have a mediocre coach at best, and Dallas is stuck with Jason Garrett because he made the playoffs last year. That might cause the Cowboys to miss the playoffs this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-making-it-in-2018-2019/ar-AADk5lz?li=BBnb7Kz

He is a blogger type reporter. He sells stories to USA Today, MSN and others.

Blogger type reporters are almost always heavily biased towards "their" team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I nail predictions left and right and I don’t dare try and predict how this season will go for the Cowboys. It could end up being a great season and it could also end up being a train wreck if Dak is lost for a significant period of time. One thing is for sure it’s going to be a make or break season for Jason Garrett.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Kellen Moore’s first crack as an OC also makes it difficult to predict how this season might go for the Cowboys. Things could get ugly pretty quick if there was a miscalculation with that hiring. Having an OC with no experience is a pretty risky move. Not saying it won’t work out but it’s risky.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I would be very suprised if they didnt make the playoffs if they stay mostly healthy.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol...so to you the regular season means nothing...lol neverminding they were the recipients of a terrible division.

You are obtuse.

That’s plainly obvious.

The regular season is a means to the playoffs. So in that sense, yes, the regular season has value.

But when you are arguing a season was successful because they didn’t have a losing season, finished 2nd in the division, didn’t make the playoffs and finished 9th in a 16 team conference, that’s just silliness and likely coming from a homer that is desperate to try to make something seem better than it actually is.

Big_D

Reaction score
Imagine? these forums will erupt. lol I know as Cowboy fans we tend to overvalue the talent level here, but this is a very good football team and if they don't make the playoffs that's a serious problem. No more excuses, no more waiting on talent. The time is now...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sure it's important, but pro sports are littered with coaches who were liked in the locker room but couldn't deliver the goods when it mattered most. I fear Garrett is that type of coach. He's been here long enough to at least get to a NFCCG, hasn't he?
Yep I'm not putting the blame on past players we had the talent. I don't know what the issue is

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Imagine? these forums will erupt. lol I know as Cowboy fans we tend to overvalue the talent level here, but this is a very good football team and if they don't make the playoffs that's a serious problem. No more excuses, no more waiting on talent. The time is now...
We've made the playoffs two out of three seasons. Made it to the second round last season. I'm expecting an NFC Championship

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The talent level hasn’t been the problem the Cowboys have had some talented rosters. The biggest issue has been the coaching. Injuries have hurt the team but well coached teams have been able to overcome injuries to win championships. Romo goes down in 2015 and we can’t win a game. Lee goes down in 2017 and our defense falls apart. It doesn’t take much to derail the Cowboys.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You are obtuse.

That’s plainly obvious.

The regular season is a means to the playoffs. So in that sense, yes, the regular season has value.

But when you are arguing a season was successful because they didn’t have a losing season, finished 2nd in the division, didn’t make the playoffs and finished 9th in a 16 team conference, that’s just silliness and likely coming from a homer that is desperate to try to make something seem better than it actually is.
I want to see this can come right out of the gate winning. I don't want the first second game of the season still looking like preseason I want to win the division from the opening game. obviously that's a cliche but you know what I'm talkin about I think

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I mean it's not like we don't have a mediocre coach. we do. the clapping carrot is best described as mediocre and unimaginative. Still, I'm pretty sure we will win the division
I don't understand it, he had Coach of the Year honors. I think people just are free to say they're like him because they're going to get bashed