News: Cowboys most likely to miss the Playoffs this year

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kellen Moore’s first crack as an OC also makes it difficult to predict how this season might go for the Cowboys. Things could get ugly pretty quick if there was a miscalculation with that hiring. Having an OC with no experience is a pretty risky move. Not saying it won’t work out but it’s risky.
Or we could win coming right out of the gate and not just looking like it's preseason still

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I nail predictions left and right and I don’t dare try and predict how this season will go for the Cowboys. It could end up being a great season and it could also end up being a train wreck if Dak is lost for a significant period of time. One thing is for sure it’s going to be a make or break season for Jason Garrett.
I've actually pretty well been right on the money myself. This is the season for me that's going to be the most interesting. This quarterback is going to make a lot of people eat their words which I don't think they will mind. Or it's time to draft another quarterback next season. I can't wait

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You are obtuse.

That’s plainly obvious.

The regular season is a means to the playoffs. So in that sense, yes, the regular season has value.

But when you are arguing a season was successful because they didn’t have a losing season, finished 2nd in the division, didn’t make the playoffs and finished 9th in a 16 team conference, that’s just silliness and likely coming from a homer that is desperate to try to make something seem better than it actually is.
The youngest starting team in the league to the second round of the playoffs. That's pretty damn exciting for me. That told me the future could be bright. I can be just as critical about the franchise as the next guy. I just haven't been here long enough to people see it

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Or we could win coming right out of the gate and not just looking like it's preseason still

Moore could end up being a terrific OC or he could end up being terrible we’ll just have to see. We need to come out of the gate strong because the first few games of the season is the softest part of our schedule.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Moore could end up being a terrific OC or he could end up being terrible we’ll just have to see. We need to come out of the gate strong because the first few games of the season is the softest part of our schedule.
I'm tired of coming out looking like we're still playing preseason. Just come out and run the offense without trying to hide anything practice it show it, do it like you've done it before

Dre11

Reaction score
You are obtuse.

That’s plainly obvious.

The regular season is a means to the playoffs. So in that sense, yes, the regular season has value.

But when you are arguing a season was successful because they didn’t have a losing season, finished 2nd in the division, didn’t make the playoffs and finished 9th in a 16 team conference, that’s just silliness and likely coming from a homer that is desperate to try to make something seem better than it actually is.

And you're ignorant, making the playoff isn't the only indicator of a successful season, If you finish the season with a winning record that's a level of success, if you end the season in the playoff, that's the next level of success, so on and so on.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And you're ignorant, making the playoff isn't the only indicator of a successful season, If you finish the season with a winning record that's a level of success, if you end the season in the playoff, that's the next level of success, so on and so on.
This guy is So broken-hearted about not making the a Superbowl the last 20 Seasons That's so he can dream of. And I get where he's coming from. I understand why you thinking what you're thinking

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The youngest starting team in the league went to the second round of the playoffs last season. And he's not happy with that. the impression he gives.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm tired of coming out looking like we're still playing preseason. Just come out and run the offense without trying to hide anything practice it show it, do it like you've done it before

The problem with preseason is we don’t play the starters very much. Most teams don’t fearing injury. Last preseason we played very few of our starters in the dress rehearsal game. With all the new receivers I believe it contributed to our slow start. We need to play our starters a little more this preseason especially in the dress rehearsal game. They need a full half of work in that game. We have several new players and a new OC and they all need some work together in preseason. The first part of the schedule plays in our favor and we must take advantage and get off to a good start.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The problem with preseason is we don’t play the starters very much. Most teams don’t fearing injury. Last preseason we played very few of our starters in the dress rehearsal game. With all the new receivers I believe it contributed to our slow start. We need to play our starters a little more this preseason especially in the dress rehearsal game. They need a full half of work in that game. We have several new players and a new OC and they all need some work together in preseason. The first part of the schedule plays in our favor and we must take advantage and get off to a good start.
I agree but I'm trying to pull a Jimmy Johnson play everybody lack of being ready makes cowards of us. LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am old school football. Don't take yourself out is if you're hurt. And there's a difference between hurt and hurting LOL collective bargaining agreement my butt LOL

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I am old school football. Don't take yourself out is if you're hurt. And there's a difference between hurt and hurting LOL collective bargaining agreement my butt LOL

I’m also old school but players didn’t make this kind of money in old school and we didn’t have a salary cap. The amount of money players make has caused a lot of teams to play scared in preseason and it will eventually get the preseason reduced.

Dre11

Reaction score
This guy is So broken-hearted about not making the a Superbowl the last 20 Seasons That's so he can dream of. And I get where he's coming from. I understand why you thinking what you're thinking

He has an all or nothing attitude which is fine, but when you don't get it all, you fail to see the other success. A football season is broken up in 3 levels and each season are independent of the one before or after.

Sydla

Reaction score
The youngest starting team in the league to the second round of the playoffs. That's pretty damn exciting for me. That told me the future could be bright. I can be just as critical about the franchise as the next guy. I just haven't been here long enough to people see it

I am not talking about 2018.

Let me ask you this. Was 2017 or 2013 successful seasons in your eyes?

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score

You know you have a sad argument when you have to carve and slice the season various ways to find that one glimmer of success.

It’s really fascinating to watch a person so in the tank they literally have to construct bizarre arguments to justify how “successful” their team was.

For example, it takes a certain craziness to try to claim 2013 was a successful season simply because they finished second in the division and went .500.

Last edited:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have enough talent to go 5-1 in the East despite Garrett. We may or may not win the division but we will make the playoffs. Let the man have his incorrect opinion as we enter the post-season again.
I'm having 2015 and 2017 deja vu.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m also old school but players didn’t make this kind of money in old school and we didn’t have a salary cap. The amount of money players make has caused a lot of teams to play scared in preseason and it will eventually get the preseason reduced.
I'm thinking they either add to the preseason. Or reduce it and add another game to the season.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I can think of a lot worse Seasons than those two I consider Prescott's first three seasons rookie in training. This is the season right can you give my true evaluation. If he doesn't make it now we need to get a quarterback. But I suspect with everything I've seen he will succeed but you never know. I never called him great I never called him Elite but I also never called him horrible

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

17 was a season in turmoil the entire team sucked. 13 I don't recall it. You have to refresh my memory like I said I don't look back I try to go forward. But I do know I've suffered. With this franchise