Twitter: Cowboys name Kellen Moore starter vs Bills

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Sit all the starters on OL and Dez. Use the last two games as a roster churn for the bottom part of your 53.

No sense in someone tearing an ACL this late in the season.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Well, that was obvious. At least there is some semblance of sanity from the coaching staff. Even though they are about 4-5 weeks late with the decision.

Now I know why we never seem to make half-time adjustments in the games. We do. It just takes us weeks to actually implement the half-time adjustments.

Dude Moore sucked.

However, i'm glad they made this decision. He is less likely to lead us to victories.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Even Red couldn't foul this one up.

Bet the WR are happy. They looked better than they have all season (Romo games excluded) with a competent QB in there.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Everyone knows Cassel was Jerry's guy, and no way would JG have benched him without Jerry telling him to do so.

At this point in his life, the only thing Cassel should be throwing is a Frisbee with his kids.

Poor kids............they're never gonna learn how to catch.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sit all the starters on OL and Dez. Use the last two games as a roster churn for the bottom part of your 53.

No sense in someone tearing an ACL this late in the season.

The trouble is by doing that you can't get a good read on what Moore's capable of. Plus I don't think it looks good.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The trouble is the Bills are also now in "meaningless" territory...

Battle of the meaningless I guess.

But it is a draft position game....LOL....

Right now, we pick between 3 & 7, unless Lions win tonight, then it is 3 to 6.
With all the 5-9 and 6-8 teams, if we win the last 2 games, we can pick as low as 18th. But some of those teams play each other or teams they should lose. But at worsr, we could pick as low as 15th or 16th.
If we lose, then the worse we pick is 10th or 11th, if we win 1 of the last 2 games.
A loss goes a long way here...LOL...

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Well, that was obvious. At least there is some semblance of sanity from the coaching staff. Even though they are about 4-5 weeks late with the decision.

True. I'm eager to see what Moore can do against a lesser opponent. The Jets pass D is a very stiff test for a beginner like Moore at QB.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Lol at people thinking we are going to sit people. If you have been paying attention, Garrett will play the best players regardless of meaning.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But it is a draft position game....LOL....

Right now, we pick between 3 & 7, unless Lions win tonight, then it is 3 to 6.
With all the 5-9 and 6-8 teams, if we win the last 2 games, we can pick as low as 18th. But some of those teams play each other or teams they should lose. But at worsr, we could pick as low as 15th or 16th.
If we lose, then the worse we pick is 10th or 11th, if we win 1 of the last 2 games.
A loss goes a long way here...LOL...

Agreed.

I would expect the Bills fans to be fired up because it is Dallas... A rather pitiful Dallas, but still Dallas.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed.

I would expect the Bills fans to be fired up because it is Dallas... A rather pitiful Dallas, but still Dallas.

Yes, another SB revenge game for them in a way. Players don't care, but the fans do. Even over 20 years later.
We as Dallas fans still love beating the Steelers and Packers and 49ers, no matter what. As they do us.

wmaxima97

Reaction score
Outside of looking at what Moore and Swain are going to bring to the team, I'd like Marinelli to take a look at his defense w/o Hardy in there. I'd like for the Cowboys to bring him back next year, but would like the team to evaluated what how his presence (or lack of) affects to the defense to see if he's going to be worth it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He probably wanted to talk to Cassell first so he didn't hear it in the media. It's a respect thing

You know what you just started don't you...an entire new 20,000 threads or thread take overs of....
Jason respects his players, but he can't coach them....garbage.....

.....my apologies in advance for giving this idea.....

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:...a triple popcorn header....

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Garrett...must...play...to...win.

He must maintain his average record as a head coach.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I would approach these last two games as an early pre season.

This.

Play everyone not starting, especially draft picks from the last two drafts, to see if they can actually play. If they can't; replace them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Outside of looking at what Moore and Swain are going to bring to the team, I'd like Marinelli to take a look at his defense w/o Hardy in there. I'd like for the Cowboys to bring him back next year, but would like the team to evaluated what how his presence (or lack of) affects to the defense to see if he's going to be worth it.

This makes sense, but Hardy has incentives to meet. Now some coaches on other teams have been accused of doing this so players would not meet them. Others played them, or had plays ran for players to meet them.

Cowboys were accused of not playing Mincey last year so he couldn't make his bonus. The team said they did not realize that. So which is why Mincey wanted his contract re-negotiated.
They did that, and in good faith to give him his $500,000 bonus in a contract extension. Though I think he is still a FA after this year.
And he rewarded us with, disappearing this season...LOL....not knocking him, but someone would bring that up.