Twitter: Cowboys name Kellen Moore starter vs Bills

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
You know what you just started don't you...an entire new 20,000 threads or thread take overs of....
Jason respects his players, but he can't coach them....garbage.....

.....my apologies in advance for giving this idea.....

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:...a triple popcorn header....

I'm such a trouble maker :laugh:

wmaxima97

Reaction score
This makes sense, but Hardy has incentives to meet. Now some coaches on other teams have been accused of doing this so players would not meet them. Others played them, or had plays ran for players to meet them.

Cowboys were accused of not playing Mincey last year so he couldn't make his bonus. The team said they did not realize that. So which is why Mincey wanted his contract re-negotiated.
They did that, and in good faith to give him his $500,000 bonus in a contract extension. Though I think he is still a FA after this year.
And he rewarded us with, disappearing this season...LOL....not knocking him, but someone would bring that up.

Good point about the incentive based contract. I thought it was solely dependent on the # of games played and if he was active, the man would still get his money. In any event, I hope this team can at least do a decent evaluation of all of it's current players for next year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
And thats with no film on him.

Wait until Rex Ryan watches the tape from last week. This isnt going to end well for Moore

Ryan will use it as an opportunity to show off his blitzing, plus I think he wouldn't mind getting back at Dallas who canned his brother.

Moore had a tough time handling the blitz when Bowles threw a few at him.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Garrett is far from on the hot seat. This season is already over. If Garrett was being judged on performance, Jerry would have let him go a long time ago. Garrett is Jerry's guy and he'll be here no matter how he closes the season. What would he be proving by taking us to 5 and 11 as opposed to 4 and 12? The only thing we'll be doing by trying to win these last couple of games is set the franchise back by ruining our draft position.

Because we all know a high draft pick results in inevitable success.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Glad to see this, it will be interesting, the bills defense is pretty good.
At least this week he will get all the reps in practice and be more prepared.
Playing in Jets game was a sort of practice game.

Now I still dont expect him to be great as this is his first "start" and only his 2nd game ever.
To compare Romo had 3 years with team and more preseason action than moore, when he
got his first start.

But like moore he came in relief and then started the next week.
here is the article which had some curious wording:
the Cowboys have elected to start their fourth quarterback of the season on Sunday against the Bills in Orchard Park.

Kellen Moore, the 6-foot, left handed quarterback, who has been signed, cut, re-signed and promoted by Jerry Jones this season will lead Dallas onto the field in a game where many are simply hoping that Dez Bryant doesn't get hurt.......( aww aint that sweet....Butler should play over williams)

Head coach Jason Garrett confirmed the news on KRLD-FM on Monday morning.

And so it is. The move may end up being a wise one if only because Garrett can get a complete evaluation on Moore as a potential backup of the future. Clearly Matt Cassel is not the option they hoped for, and Brandon Weeden is too busy leading the Houston Texans to the playoffs.

While some of the fear associated with a Rex Ryan defense has withered away, this is not a great spot for a quarterback with little experience to walk into. The scheme is still predicated on confusion and deception, and Moore is still a 26-year-old making his first NFL start.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000606369/article/kellen-moore-will-start-for-cowboys-on-sunday

I for one like it , and maybe he does good enough to win, or maybe he does badly.
I know some want dallas to lose for the higher pick, but I would rather they win, especially
if Moore was to play a good game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I forgot lol it said he was "promoted" by jerry, and that JG just "confirmed" it .

Also a bit of a dart thrown saying weeden was busy leading Texans to playoffs.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hopefully Moore gets good experience but Rex confuses him just enough to keep our draft pick safe

neosapien23

Reaction score
The coaching staff did no favors to Matt Moore. If the plan was to pull Cassel if he played bad, they should have just given Moore all the reps in practice and named him the starter from the get go. Cassel had already proven himself to be a walking abortion at QB he wasn't going to magically start clicking all of a sudden. That being said, better late than never I guess.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Garrett is on the hot seat. Does anyone really think he is going to sit the starters and risk losing out, which could seal his fate?

If Garrett did do that, it would only be after he was guaranteed that his job for next season was safe.

So, I hope we play to win the next two games.

Jerry is lusting after the draft pick. He has looked rather chipper after every loss lately. The only time he looked pissed was when we beat the Skins

Jerry having wet dreams about a top 5 pick and if Garrett botches that like he botches most games, Jerry will be beyond pissed

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I doubt anyone expected Kellen to be flawless in his initial start as a backup but with each successive start in that role, he'll be expected to improve. I don't think that's asking too much.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry is lusting after the draft pick. He has looked rather chipper after every loss lately. The only time he looked pissed was when we beat the Skins

Jerry having wet dreams about a top 5 pick and if Garrett botches that like he botches most games, Jerry will be beyond pissed

our pick will be the highest since 2008 ?? no matter if we win or lose the last 2
and no way we get the #1 Tenn and Cleveland probably get that.

I think jerry may want to tank now, and JG said they would evaluate players, so look for some starters to sit,
but that could backfire and produce a win or 2.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Let's recognize that Garrett is not solely responsible for our drafting decisions -- as Jerry, himself, so carefully points out, it's a collective endeavor.

Last edited:

kevm3

Reaction score
Because we all know a high draft pick results in inevitable success.

It doesn't guarantee success, but a high draft pick gives us more options, including trading back for more picks if our guy isn't on the board by the time we draft. Now what do we gain from winning pointless games when we are out of the playoffs?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Let's recognize that Garrett is not solely responsible for our drafting decisions -- as Jerry, himself, so carefully points out, it's a collective endeavor.

well I think he meant Garret winning one or both of the last 2 games would mess up the high draft pick.

So it is funny , all who bought tickets to the home game with wash will get to see Dallas try to lose !!!!!!!!:thumbup:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It doesn't guarantee success, but a high draft pick gives us more options, including trading back for more picks if our guy isn't on the board by the time we draft. Now what do we gain from winning pointless games when we are out of the playoffs?

Well I dont think the players will want to play to lose for the picks.
So the coaches can affect the game to a degree, but they cant make it a sure loss.

I think we are lucky to play 2 teams that want to win, buffalo is out, but rex will want another win, and wash needs a win.
What would be funny is if we played cleve and tenn, and neither team would want to win.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
meanwhile Texans could be div winners and in playoffs, they play tenn who wants to lose, and cleveland who yeah wants to lose.

Ol weeden fell into a good spot, if he blows this it will be bad.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
well I think he meant Garret winning one or both of the last 2 games would mess up the high draft pick.

So it is funny , all who bought tickets to the home game with wash will get to see Dallas try to lose !!!!!!!!:thumbup:

If that was, indeed, the message, I think it's all wet. I doubt Jerry wants to tank the remainder of our games, knowing how intensely he wants to win and sell as many tickets as possible.