Twitter: Cowboys need a punt returner; ex-WR Ryan Switzer is a free agent

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
From dallascowboys.com on Tolbert:

"Personally, when I'm looking at receiver that's what I'm looking for," McCarthy said. "I think it's important, particular for perimeter players built to do two things: play inside and outside and return ability and the ability to go in the backfield. We'll obviously look at all those things when he gets here."

The Cowboys lost one of their two primary punt returners in March when ultra-efficient backup Cedrick Wilson signed with the Dolphins. CeeDee Lamb, who split return duties with Wilson, might see fewer returns or relinquish the role completely now that he's the No. 1 receiver. Perhaps Tolbert will be part of the punt return conversation; he's comfortable doing it but didn't have any stats there in college.

817Gill

Reaction score
LOL...What? When did this happen?
That’s always been the knock on him.

http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com...an-switzer-‘obnoxious-hard-to-be-around.6848/

“He had really good stats earlier, wasn’t great this year,” the anonymous coach said. “I wouldn’t want the kid because he’s so cocky. Just obnoxious. Hard to be around. Even his own teammates didn’t like him. Who needs all those headaches with a guy like that? It’s not like he’s [legendary NFL wide receiver] Randy Moss.”

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...n-switzer-will-pump-up-the-slot-special-teams

“One of his drawbacks though is that some of his own teammates were rumored to not like him according to a scout, he’s got a little of that Randy Moss attitude, very cocky.”

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Ideally a PR could help out in some capacity if called upon due to injury. As a WR, he's isn't even on the same planet as the other tiny WRs the Dallas Cowboys have had over the past 10 years.

dogberry

Reaction score
He was disposed of because he thought Linehan was an incompetent OC…the same thought the majority of poster at the zone held.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
He was disposed of because he thought Linehan was an incompetent OC…the same thought the majority of poster at the zone held.

He hasn't exactly done anything to suggest he was right. Incompetent or not, his career 50 receptions aren't convincing anyone he can provide anything that any other roster-churned player couldn't.

DonaldM

Reaction score
I like him. He has a nice highlight reel. Amendola 2.0. But our FO don't know ****. He will play somewhere this year.

RonWashington

Reaction score
McCarthy said Lamb will no longer be returning punts since he's the Cowboys #1 WR.

I had not heard that . Thank you . Well I can agree with that . You have guys like Vasher or Roberson who was brought in with this crop of UDFA had a nice career at Wake Forest . Surely Bones and Mike can find someone to do this from the Buffett line at training camp reaching for another made from scratch biscuit.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

DonaldM

Reaction score
I don't see him like kupp at all besides being white. Kupp is about 6" taller and can play all the wr positions at a high level slot and wide and the return game. He can block too. This midget is a purely slot guy who returns punts.
You need to learn football then get back w me