Cowboys need to resign Dak before Baker and Josh Allen reset the market

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yes, very hard. We’ve got a good one now in Dak. Well, if they can get him signed which I believe will happen.

Ironically I think FOMO will play a huge role in what the Joneses do with Dak. Their worst nightmare has to be that they don't sign him and he goes to the Colts or the Pats and leads them a multiple Super Bowl run. Meanwhile the Cowboys return to QB wilderness.. Or could you imagine the pterodactyl sized egg on their faces if he goes to the Ratscums and dominates the division for them like he has for us? I mean I think Dak has like an 80+ winning percentage against the NFC East. Don't think the other teams in the division haven't noticed that.. and the WFTs need a QB and are really only a QB away from owning this division. They have a great defense, a decent ground game and at least one legit receiver. Look at what putting Alex Smith, who is a decent competent NFL QB but scares nobody, into that mix did for them.. Now imagine what plugging Dak in would do!! That scares the hell outta me..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ironically I think FOMO will play a huge role in what the Joneses do with Dak. Their worst nightmare has to be that they don't sign him and he goes to the Colts or the Pats and leads them a multiple Super Bowl run. Meanwhile the Cowboys return to QB wilderness.. Or could you imagine the pterodactyl sized egg on their faces if he goes to the Ratscums and dominates the division for them like he has for us? I mean I think Dak has like an 80+ winning percentage against the NFC East. Don't think the other teams in the division haven't noticed that.. and the WFTs need a QB and are really only a QB away from owning this division. They have a great defense, a decent ground game and at least one legit receiver. Look at what putting Alex Smith, who is a decent competent NFL QB but scares nobody, into that mix did for them.. Now imagine what plugging Dak in would do!! That scares the hell outta me..
Fortunately it looks like the FO knows what all the NFL experts know in that Dak is the real deal. So I don’t see any scenario where he goes anywhere but stays with the Cowboys. The dumb haters have no clue and they prove it every time they make an anti-Dak post. It’s very entertaining if nothing else.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Absolutely.. a big part of why I believe in Dak and am adamant that he's the guy is I love his mental make up. His leadership his indominable spirit. Up until this year those things were more important than his passing skills because those skills were still under construction. He took a huge step forward as a passer this season which solidified my belief in him. However that doesn't negate the fact that a big reason I want to keep him is how he's wired. Now if he and his agent insist on a short term deal that sabotages the team's ability to compete at the highest level then he's not wired how I thought he was and I will help load the U-haul to move him out of town. My QB has to place winning above all else. If Dak allows money to trump winning then he can git gone. His grandkids won't know the difference in their lifestyle between 35 million a year for 5 years vs 35 million a year for 4 years.. What they WILL know is what happened to this team and his legacy after he signed the deal. If he signs the team friendly deal and the team goes on to do great things the history books will note it. If he signs the greedy deal and the team falls apart around him then the history books will note that as well, but the story that will be written will have a decidedly different tone.

I don't know if we should sign him or make him a saint.;)

I think most of us agree with your statement in bold and I am happy with the longer deal, unlike some who appear to think Dak should be paid whatever he wants and for whatever period, regardless of the effect upon the team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think a lot of people are bigger fans of individual players than they are of the team.

We have some folks who seem more interested in appearing correct here, even if it requires failure on the part of the Cowboys.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Cowboys have definitely had mixed results at the QB position since Aikman. Mostly bad, but Romo and Dak were great picks and UDFA.

Happy accidents, Romo and Dak. When the Jones boys aggressively target a QB in the draft they hone in on Quincy Carter, Paxton Lynch, and Connor Cook.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Fortunately it looks like the FO knows what all the NFL experts know in that Dak is the real deal. So I don’t see any scenario where he goes anywhere but stays with the Cowboys. The dumb haters have no clue and they prove it every time they make an anti-Dak post. It’s very entertaining if nothing else.

You mean like the FO 'knew' that Zeke, D.Lawrence, and Jaylon Smith were the real deals only to watch them implode? You mean like Philly knew Wentz was the real deal? You mean like the Rams knew Goff was the real deal? If Dak is the real deal then why hasn't he lifted this team to a Championship game?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
What goes up. Must come down. I think the market will start to stabilize and the QB signings will be around 30 to 35 range max. There will be soon a glut of QBs entering into the market. The more QBs the asking price will start to go down.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Happy accidents, Romo and Dak. When the Jones boys aggressively target a QB in the draft they hone in on Quincy Carter, Paxton Lynch, and Connor Cook.
QB is a crap shoot pick. Just look at the history around the league. Cowboys are no better or worse than the rest of them.