Cowboys need to resign Dak before Baker and Josh Allen reset the market

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Josh Allen and even Baker Mayfield are expected to command north of 38~40 million per year.

These are quarterbacks who both have career passer ratings over 10 ENTIRE points less than Dak (although Josh Allen has been improving)

That laughable 40 million per year price tag is going to be considered a steal in just 1 to 2 off seasons

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Josh Allen and even Baker Mayfield are expected to command north of 38~40 million per year.

These are quarterbacks who both have career passer ratings over 10 ENTIRE points less than Dak (although Josh Allen has been improving)

That laughable 40 million per year price tag is going to be considered a steal in just 1 to 2 off seasons
But that’s right. 40 million might not even be top 10 in a couple years.

That’s why his contract is more about market value than his pecking order in the league.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sure they can . Winning a Super Bowl doesn’t necessarily define the market value for a QB.

True if you haven't won one......just me but I can't see any young QB demanding more and than Mahomes over the next 3 years' min w/o SB. JMO

McKDaddy

Reaction score
maybe just go sign Taylor Heinecke from Washington & play ball ....

looking good against Tampa

Diehardblues

Reaction score
True if you haven't won one......just me but I can't see any young QB demanding more and than Mahomes over the next 3 years' min w/o SB. JMO
Jackson could .

Fans forget Ryan was top paid without winning a SB. Stafford was year before that without even reaching a SB.

Mahomes will have to renegotiate his in a few years.

Y’all just think cause Mahomes is top paid this year that it represents some kind of pecking order.

Motorola

Reaction score

Your sources for the 38 -40 million numbers? Please share.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jackson could .

Fans forget Ryan was top paid without winning a SB. Stafford was year before that without even reaching a SB.

Mahomes will have to renegotiate his in a few years.

Did Ryan and Stafford contracts make them the highest-paid QB at the time.......that's the question. Remember my point was for the time being Mahomes deal is the ceiling. So you think Jackson can/will command more than Mahomes ........my understanding Ravens are starting talks with him after the season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Your sources for the 38 -40 million numbers? Please share.
Here’s a link stating Jackson will surely be in the 40 million neighborhood and Allen will be at least 35 and up pushing that boundary also.

I’m not sure why fans think the market will remain stagnate over the next couple years. It goes up practically every year.

It’s why some of the best QB’s in the league aren’t top paid because they haven’t had a recent contract. The largest contracts are usually the most recent.

Fans are naive if they think the Bar has been set for years to come with Mahomes contract .
https://sports.yahoo.com/baker-mayf...osion-might-hinder-all-of-them-073750073.html

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did Ryan and Stafford contracts make them the highest-paid QB at the time.......that's the question. Remember my point was for the time being Mahomes deal is the ceiling. So you think Jackson can/will command more than Mahomes ........my understanding Ravens are starting talks with him after the season.
Yes they did.

And yes , Mahomes ceiling or bar won’t last long. Watson just a few months later almost matched it per annum.

The top paid QB changes almost every year. It’s about market not pecking order.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you think because Mahomes is considered best QB in the league and currently has largest contract that no one can receive a bigger contract , you need to research how the market works in the NFL. Cause that’s certainly not what history reflects.

Mahomes will never fulfill this 10 year contract cause in 3-5 years there will be several QB’s making more because of the market and he’ll want to renegotiate.

CowboysNation85

Reaction score
If you think because Mahomes is considered best QB in the league and currently has largest contract that no one can receive a bigger contract , you need to research how the market works in the NFL. Cause that’s certainly not what history reflects.

Mahomes will never fulfill this 10 year contract cause in 3-5 years there will be several QB’s making more because of the market and he’ll want to renegotiate.
100% true

Adreme

Reaction score
Don’t be stupid because other teams are stupid..

Drafting QBs is the way to go.

Yes giving up 3 first round picks and 5 years of drafting to find the right QB on average is 100% the way to go.

Paying the QB is absolutely the way to go. The only downside is that you are never going to be bad enough to basically have free access to the top tier draft talent so nailing your drafts is harder, but if you can nail your drafts that is the difference between perennial playoff team and SB contender.