Cowboys need to work on their recovery game

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly...simple. Cover the ball...is what they are taught. They don't always do it....and sometimes the **** up.
Yes but you You’re not understanding. Why he put the post out there. Maybe they should have a scramble drill

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh okay..since you say so?

You think "karma" decides football games. And you lecture ME?

Ronnie is wrong here.....Secure the ball even if you don't make a splash play. football 101.

But wait "karma" can get us that Touchdown!
He’s not wrong. You’re just taking it wrong . You’re angry at something besides this. You’re all over the place

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

Same goes for Gifford block. Didn’t even have a chance to give it to someone.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I like your posts all the time but you are 100% wrong on this one. Didn’t even have a chance to do what you mention here.

We can respectfully disagree.. I said I would give Gifford a pass because he was on the ground and there were bodies around him when he got up to run.. But Golston? I'm sorry but he had a teammate right next to him from the moment he scooped the ball. His big *** wasn't going to house it so find a smaller guy to do it for you.. He ran several steps before the pursuers got to him. He saw glory rather than seeing his MUCH faster teammates running beside him.. When he came up with the ball the two players closest to him were Parsons and Gregory. He would have been okay giving the ball to either of them preferably Parsons.. I know it was a bang bang situation but again.. these are pros not Pop Warner guys.. I'm allowed to expect more of them.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Like he said. We’re doing great you have to critique something. I don’t know why everyone’s taking it so personal . But you’re right and so is cowboy lover, just fall on the freaking ball. Worry about what happens afterwards

At no time did either guy have any trouble possessing the ball.. In fact Gifford actually DID "just fall on it" before he realized "Hey nobody touched me.. I should get up and run.." People need to chill on this whole "you are not allowed to ask for the team to get better at anything" noise. We all know this team has a ton of things it needs to improve upon if they are going to get where we all want them to go. This is just one that occurred to me.. I'm sure there will be others.. and I'm going to talk about those too...

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At no time did either guy have any trouble possessing the ball.. In fact Gifford actually DID "just fall on it" before he realized "Hey nobody touched me.. I should get up and run.." People need to chill on this whole "you are not allowed to ask for the team to get better at anything" noise. We all know this team has a ton of things it needs to improve upon if they are going to get where we all want them to go. This is just one that occurred to me.. I'm sure there will be others.. and I'm going to talk about those too...
Hey, I was defending you lol I get it . But in reality they are correct also. How many times of people picked up a fumble or intercepted the ball. And then lose it. It happens

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That's right. Ronnie is being a HUIGE nit picking doosh bag territory now. With all due respect ron!

They are taught to fall on it.

Ronnie is the same "fan" the would totally implode if he tried to scoop it to someone and botched it.

"JUST FALL ON IT !" he would yell.

Ronnie is moving into TROLL stuff here. For shame.

Geez this seems like an unnecessarily personal attack for no good reason.. Did I say something about your mom or something? I am talking football here.. By the way both guys DID scoop it and run with it.. So there was literally no chance that they could have botched it.. In both cases there was a teammate less than a foot away whom they could have passed the ball to without risking losing it. Nobody is asking them to morph into Jamielle Holieway or JC Watts here..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Geez this seems like an unnecessarily personal attack for no good reason.. Did I say something about your mom or something? I am talking football here.. By the way both guys DID scoop it and run with it.. So there was literally no chance that they could have botched it.. In both cases there was a teammate less than a foot away whom they could have passed the ball to without risking losing it. Nobody is asking them to morph into Jamielle Holieway or JC Watts here..
I may have been a little harsh.

My point is....can you admit it? ...they have been RIGHTFULLY taught to secure the ball.

"fall on it".

I mean that is how I know it,...maybe you were taught to toss the ball around until you score the td. Or lose it to the other team.

No personal attacks intended! :p

mrmojo

Reaction score
Secure the ball dont get too cute with it...seen too many times where a player tries to scoop it up and ends up losing it back to the opposing team...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Secure the ball dont get too cute with it...seen too many times where a player tries to scoop it up and ends up losing it back to the opposing team...

Again I'm talking about what happens AFTER you secure the ball and are running with it. If you're a big slow guy and there is a faster guy running next to you you hand it to him... Again.. not asking for anything fancy like a lateral or anything.. Just "here you take it cause you're waaaaay faster than me.." The Saints rode plays like that to a Super Bowl in '09 as did the Chiefs two years ago.. Neither of those teams had dominating defenses.. but they created turnovers in bunches and scored on a ton of them. Often doing stuff like what I'm talking about here. Now I would love for our defense to become truly dominant to the point where it's just smothering opposing offenses.. But I just don't see that happening.. Having them become even more opportunistic than they already are is just another way for them to push this team to the next level.