News: Cowboys News & Notes: Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliot, DeForest Buckner, Laquon Treadwell, And More Potent

morasp

Reaction score
Lance Zierlein of NFL.com has been widely quoted as saying that he doesn't think the Cowboys are interested in drafting Joey Bosa, despite the need to upgrade the pass rush. But as noted here, it may be far too early to make that assumption.

He would fill a need for the Cowboys, but would he be the best player available on the board? Truth is, while Zierlein undoubtedly got "no love'' info from somebody, he did so before the Cowboys engaged in an Ohio State workout day that featured Bosa and in any event it's a wide brush to use to paint a thought process that includes multiple Valley Ranch brains that will only start the process on formalizing the Cowboys board around a week from now.

-----

And more than "not loving,'' there is this: As we get deeper into the process of examining not only all the options at 4 (which include the idea of QB), we see Dallas doing its due diligence on a handful of guys who play Bosa's position, or at least along the D-line. Shaq Lawson joins Bosa as a 30-Visits guy this week, as does DeForest Buckner and Sheldon Rankins, we're told.

Casserly: Joey Bosa could be answer for Dallas Cowboys - NFL.com

Former Washington and Houston GM Charles Casserly completely disagrees with Zierlein.

"Some people will say he's not an elite player; shouldn't be taken that high. To me he's better than Ziggy Ansah, who (was drafted) around that point, he's better than Leonard Williams, who should've gone by that point in the draft," Casserly said on NFL Network's "Path to the Draft". "And guess what? He's a safer pick and will be more productive than Jadeveon Clowney has been. That answers that question to me."
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...kiel-elliot-deforest-buckner-laquon-treadwell

conner01

Reaction score
I don't think much as really changed. I think they would love Wentz to fall to 4. That's not likely and if they pick at 4 Bosa if a very high probability. My guess is Wentz, tunsil and Ramsey are gone, if they pick at 4 there really is only a couple ways to go. Do they take Goff? They don't seem to be real high on Goff. In that scenario if they pick at 4 I think Bosa is gonna be the pick

RoboQB

Reaction score
I think that Ramsey would be the only "slam dunk" pick at 4, if he's there.... it's an Al Davis-type pick in terms of being the best athlete... and Jerry learned from Al.

Wentz, I believe, they'll take if he's there... but I bet they entertain the idea of trading down as well... several teams will be calling.

I think Bosa is more of a "settle for" pick if the other two are gone... he does fill a need and might surprise us after all.

Tunsil being available would shock everyone... highly doubtful so I'll leave this one alone for now.

And, as much as I would like the pick, Zeke Elliott is a pipe dream.

At this point, I'm fine with any of the players mentioned above... even Tunsil... to me, it's more about the 34th pick overall... that player has to be a
major contributor.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Bosa is light years better than Lawson. He is the best defensive player in the draft and unless there is some deeper character issue going on there is no reason he shouldn't be a MAJOR consideration at #4.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Bosa is light years better than Lawson. He is the best defensive player in the draft and unless there is some deeper character issue going on there is no reason he shouldn't be a MAJOR consideration at #4.

He should be a consideration,if we are stuck at 4 then both QBs ,Ramsey and Bosa are the only choices we have.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

Light years better based on what?

Reactions: BAT

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I don't think much as really changed. I think they would love Wentz to fall to 4. That's not likely and if they pick at 4 Bosa if a very high probability. My guess is Wentz, tunsil and Ramsey are gone, if they pick at 4 there really is only a couple ways to go. Do they take Goff? They don't seem to be real high on Goff. In that scenario if they pick at 4 I think Bosa is gonna be the pick

Not saying they're high on Goff but maybe they are? We just assume they aren't but none of us know really know either way...

conner01

Reaction score
Not saying they're high on Goff but maybe they are? We just assume they aren't but none of us know really know either way...

That is true. I don't know if they like him at 4 or not. Just based on my gut and no real talk about him gives me that impression. But maybe they are high on him and don't want anyone trading up. Tough draft to figure out for me

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
That is true. I don't know if they like him at 4 or not. Just based on my gut and no real talk about him gives me that impression. But maybe they are high on him and don't want anyone trading up. Tough draft to figure out for me

I agree! I just want it to get here already lol.

btcutter

Reaction score
Lance Zierlein of NFL.com has been widely quoted as saying that he doesn't think the Cowboys are interested in drafting Joey Bosa, despite the need to upgrade the pass rush. But as noted here, it may be far too early to make that assumption.

Casserly: Joey Bosa could be answer for Dallas Cowboys - NFL.com

Former Washington and Houston GM Charles Casserly completely disagrees with Zierlein.

"Some people will say he's not an elite player; shouldn't be taken that high. To me he's better than Ziggy Ansah, who (was drafted) around that point, he's better than Leonard Williams, who should've gone by that point in the draft," Casserly said on NFL Network's "Path to the Draft". "And guess what? He's a safer pick and will be more productive than Jadeveon Clowney has been. That answers that question to me."
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...kiel-elliot-deforest-buckner-laquon-treadwell

Bosa better than Leonard Williams? Wow, high praise from Casserly.

Personally I like Bosa. I think he makes more impact than Ramsey on our D and he fills a major need.

I've been on the QB bandwagon for awhile now but wouldn't be upset if we take the top DL in the draft either.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I want a QB at 4.. At that spot you have to take a guy that's going to make a difference. I can't see Bosa doing that.. I'm leaning towards Jack if no QB is taken.