Twitter: Cowboys next seven opponents

Wangchung83

Reaction score
The team is not capable of winning any of those games with the back-up QBs and current state of the OL. I'm looking at a 2-3 win season only b/c Dak is coming back at some point. Without Dak, this team might not win a game.
Dak sucks

Sydla

Reaction score
I suspect they'll pull out a win or two somewhere so 2-6 seems about right.

nobody

Reaction score
I suspect they'll pull out a win or two somewhere so 2-6 seems about right.

After all, other teams have their woes too. The Cowboys don't just suck in a vacuum. There are other factors.

nobody

Reaction score
I'm no Dak fan. I was one of the ones pleading on here to not give him that huge contract. This team needed to do what LA did with Goff and Philly did with Wentz........ cut the losses and try something else.

I didn't want them giving him that contract either. I'm right there with you, but I did think Dak was a good QB. He still can be if whatever broke in him mentally gets fixed. He's overpaid for what he produces though. I want them to draft a QB in the first, sit him behind Dak and develop for a season or two because we're stuck with Dak anyway. Don't stick the rookie out there until the line is fixed.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't want them giving him that contract either. I'm right there with you, but I did think Dak was a good QB. He still can be if whatever broke in him mentally gets fixed. He's overpaid for what he produces though. I want them to draft a QB in the first, sit him behind Dak and develop for a season or two because we're stuck with Dak anyway. Don't stick the rookie out there until the line is fixed.

I think he is a top 15 QB......... and that's not good enough. The OL needs to be rebuilt and can be in one off season. Not every spot has to be a first round pick. We need to mix in some veterans and not just throw out UDFAs and 5th+ round picks.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
The game plan for these teams is going to be simple. Take away the big play (note- does Dallas even have anyone to make a big play?). And then just wait for Dallas to make a mistake either by turnover or penalty.
Bingo.Load the box and expect the run. Who is beating anyone deep? Turpin? They don’t have the balls or Ingenuity to get him the ball in space.
Gallup will help.. but then you still have OL problems. It’s a mess created by our FO, and they should never be forgiven.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Chicago is the only winnable one.

The Giants, Commanders, and Lions aren't winnable games either? Best case they can hope for is a 4-4 start. Their defense will keep them in games. However, unless they bring in another QB I don't see better than a 2-6 start.

tomsanders921

Reaction score

Giants, lions, and bears are winnable. This is the NFL. Anything can happen from week to week.

But if this team doesn't clean up the penalties they won't win a single one.

I don't see any scenario where this offense becomes even above average this year, with or without Dak.

The defense was fine but they still can't stop the run up the middle.

The gameplan to beat this team is the same as it was last year. That tends to happen when you don't address your glaring weaknesses in the off-season.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The Giants, Commanders, and Lions aren't winnable games either? Best case they can hope for is a 4-4 start. Their defense will keep them in games. However, unless they bring in another QB I don't see better than a 2-6 start.

Not with Cooper Rush and this patchwork line. Not a chance we beat NYG or Washington.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol people aren't haters for pointing out the obvious.
You and the others posters chose to ignore, when a lot of people said this receiver and dline group was weak, our depth on oline was weak, but y'all fall for every off season

I didn't say they were wrong. I said they were loving it. :laugh:

Redline360

Reaction score
I could see us pulling out a win or two.

Rush will eventually put a good game together or the other team just has "one of those weeks".

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Honestly. The Cowboys can beat, Cincinnati, Chicago, Detroit, Giants and Commanders. The defense has to play lights out though. Rush did beat the Vikings and they were better then those teams. Except Bengals.