Cowboys not a team but a "brand"

Mr_437

Reaction score
"Brand" is what Jerry nem was talking in contract negotiations to lower the price, so he can't be mad now because they turned into businessmen. That's the culture. Where do they practice and what's around the facility? Business, business, business.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
And yet, all that jibberish got them nowhere.
Really ?- from 3 seasons of 5-11 going nowhere...to when he left, a playoff team with a franchise QB and mostly built team that went 13-3 the next season.

What Parcells forgot about football, Jethro, Jason and lil Stevie dont even know yet.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Really ?- from 3 seasons of 5-11 going nowhere...to when he left, a playoff team with a franchise QB and mostly built team that went 13-3 the next season.

What Parcells forgot about football, Jethro, Jason and lil Stevie dont even know yet.
He won nothing in the playoffs. He had absolutely nothing to do with signing Romo.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Well it's happened with me but I'm only one person.

No your not. I have watched every minute of every game for over 40 years. This year I didn't. If you had told me that I would have not watched every game live last year I would have told you that your nuts. I have just lost the desire to watch the same stuff over and over. I don't believe in this team any longer. Do I still look to see who won games? Yes Will I watch them if they are convenient? Yes. But I don't go out of my way to do it now.

I have also paid for the NFL ticket and gamepass to see preseason and games not on the air. I barely watched either this year. Next year I simply won't waste my $ of them. I've told my family this year not to buy me anymore Cowboys stuff.

There are real consequences to bringing JG back and the way that the team plays under him. Bring him back again and you will see more of the fan base feel like I do. I could be pulled back in if things change but I've lost hope with this team.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Jerry once said that his desire was to make that star one of the most recognizable logos in the world.
He has...
After 25 years of mediocrity and nothing to show... this team is the most valuable sports franchise on the planet.
Think about that for a moment.

The most valuable team on the planet.

Not the Yankees, Patriots, Warriors, Liverpool etc...
Choose your sport and teams who have enjoyed success over the same time span...
none come close.

Cowboys #1 overall

who is to blame?

Jerrah of course, but he is a businessman who knows how to make money.

The players, of course... playing for the star is meaningless... all it means is potential endorsement deals and exposure.
Just look at our useless QB... you get the picture.

No the ultimate problem, is the fans. All of us myself included who are goaded into believing this is the year.
Who buy the merchandise and wear the star proudly and defend this team against our friends, coworkers etc...

We are to blame. Period.

We are to blame. Only when we stop buying merchandise, leave empty seats at AT&T and the Cowboys fall off the top spot on that list.

only then will Jerrah do what it takes to get back there.

Because there’s nothing more important to Jerrah than his ego.
The ONLY reason Jerry's team is worth as much as it is, is because of the stadium and his Star practice facility. He is great at getting loans in real estate. His worth is propped up too much by those 2 things.