Cowboys not done at linebacker

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Given the injuries and retirement at linebacker, as well as Sean Lee continuing to work his way back, the Cowboys apparently worked out several linebackers this morning.

I would think that they're likely to sign at least one, for practice reps if nothing else.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Should not be a surprise for anyone with our rash of injury's and retirements

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Is there a high first round draft pick LB who retired even though he's very young, and now he wants a chance to play for Dallas? Maybe for a 6th round pick?

If so, we need to bring him in.

It worked like a charm last time.

Mosley didn't retire on Baltimore, did he?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Seriously, wasn't Baltimore looking at maybe trading Arthur Brown last year?

I didn't keep up with him (or Baltimore) at all last season. I wonder if they're still looking to move him?

I wouldn't give up much but I did like him coming out of Kansas State.

I just heard that Matt Elam is out for the year with them, so maybe they need a safety?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Hitchens- Brinkley- SLee
DWilson- RMcClain- Gachkar
Wilber- KSmith- CLawrence

Nzeocha-Anderson-Baggs-JJackson

they can always churn the bottom, but the top 6 is pretty solid

conner01

Reaction score
Hitchens- Brinkley- SLee
DWilson- RMcClain- Gachkar
Wilber- KSmith- CLawrence

Nzeocha-Anderson-Baggs-JJackson

they can always churn the bottom, but the top 6 is pretty solid

I agree
We need warm bodies for camp but barring other injuries I don't think we are looking for starter quality players
If one is there and affordable that's great but don't see us trading for a LB at all

conner01

Reaction score
I want to see more brought in to replace Weeden too.

I'd rather see Vaughn step up and earns his spot on the roster
Don't see any vet coming in at QB
But to me Vaughn is the guy you want to replace Weeden on the depth chart since I don't think anyone is going to replace him on the roster unless Vaughn shows he can be the backup QB
Anyone wanting Weeden off this team need look no farther than Vaughn because unless he can earn the backup spot Weeden is not going anywhere

d_dub88

Reaction score
I really wish the FO could have found a way to keep Carter. If he could've given us anything close to what he gave us last season, with a better overall defensive squad, it would've been special.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Agreed. Instead of looking at it like hey we need another linebacker, we should look at it as an opportunity to add another cornerback.

We need another CB to compete. I'd like another LB to compete and just in case.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
I'd rather see Vaughn step up and earns his spot on the roster
Don't see any vet coming in at QB
But to me Vaughn is the guy you want to replace Weeden on the depth chart since I don't think anyone is going to replace him on the roster unless Vaughn shows he can be the backup QB
Anyone wanting Weeden off this team need look no farther than Vaughn because unless he can earn the backup spot Weeden is not going anywhere

That whole "Weeden is not going anywhere" part of you posts bring me to tears just like when I learned Rowdy Roddy Piper died. Except Roddy had skills.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really wish the FO could have found a way to keep Carter. If he could've given us anything close to what he gave us last season, with a better overall defensive squad, it would've been special.

So do a lot of people but we were smart for letting him walk at that price.