Cowboys not done at linebacker

Maxmadden

Reaction score
The standing room only for the LB meeting room, has suddenly became a case of musical chairs.

conner01

Reaction score
That whole "Weeden is not going anywhere" part of you posts bring me to tears just like when I learned Rowdy Roddy Piper died. Except Roddy had skills.

I understand but that's really the reality
Until we develope a backup it's going to be a vet and they aren't going to change that vet every year
The perfect situation is Vaughn developed into that guy by next year and we part company with Weeden and add another young guy to develope
To me if Vaughn doesn't show some major improvements this camp he is not worth the roster spot

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until we develope a backup it's going to be a vet and they aren't going to change that vet every year
The perfect situation is Vaughn developed into that guy by next year and we part company with Weeden and add another young guy to develope
To me if Vaughn doesn't show some major improvements this camp he is not worth the roster spot

Agreed. No more time for patience or 'wait and see'. And there are no more excuses of him not having anything around him to work with. The depth is there. In the preseason, he'll have quality linemen in front of him, and quality weapons to throw to. If he fails to impress, that's on him and he doesn't deserve to hold a roster spot that could be used to retain talent elsewhere.

jjktkk

Reaction score

The prognosis for Vaughn possibly winning the #2 job isn't looking all that great given that undrafted rookie qb Showers has a shot at the #3 qb job, even going as far as Garrett trying him out on special teams.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Given the injuries and retirement at linebacker, as well as Sean Lee continuing to work his way back, the Cowboys apparently worked out several linebackers this morning.

I would think that they're likely to sign at least one, for practice reps if nothing else.

Who would have known, after all the jokes we did about the Cowboys having 20 LB's :eek: Guess you can never have too many LB"S-good news is the Cowboys have not lost any of the best LB's, just keep our fingers crossed.:confused:

conner01

Reaction score
The prognosis for Vaughn possibly winning the #2 job isn't looking all that great given that undrafted rookie qb Showers has a shot at the #3 qb job, even going as far as Garrett trying him out on special teams.

I seen that
Thought that was very interesting
But it's gonna come down to their QB ability I think
But I think the clock is ticking on Vaughn
That roster spot is very valuable