Cowboys not getting alot of respect heading into playoffs

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I like the clip that was asking James Harrison if the Cowboys are a one of the most Dangerous teams in the playoffs and he laughed and said NO! Everyone wants to play them!
Guess we’ll find out.

aria

Reaction score
Cousins is 1-5 against the Cowboys. One of our 4 wins in 2015 was against him.
Yeah, I meant Minny giving us a run for the money as one of the worst teams in the playoffs but that’s also why I hope they make it, I think we would be our easiest win.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, I meant Minny giving us a run for the money as one of the worst teams in the playoffs but that’s also why I hope they make it, I think we would be our easiest win.

I would like our chances better against the Vikings than Seattle. Wilson is 4-1 against the Cowboys. He’s a very difficult QB to defend with his mobility and is one of the best deep throwers in the league. The Cowboys will have their work cut out for them no matter who they play due to their redzone issues and lack of scoring. The Cowboys have been involved in tight games every week except for the blowout win over JAX and the blowout loss to the Colts.

johneric8

Reaction score
One last thing I want to add, I just went to the Seakawks forum and spent some time on one of their threads regarding whom they want to play and how confident they are and let me tell you they have no fear of the cowboys and rightfully so. BUT, on the flip-side, this belief and attitude is a typical setup to where the cowboys come out with the right kind of mindset and a will to win. If the Seakhawk fans are any indication on how the actual team feels, then I suspect our Cowboys, if they play the Hawks will punish them. Look at history, the Seakhags beat us, so we want revenge, we're at home, and no one is giving us credit when in fact we all know this can be one of the best teams in the league if they come out throwing the punches and playing well.

I know this sounds trite, but if the cowboys come out and play win at all cost ball, I think whoever we play at home goes down.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
this is maybe the dumbest cliche in all of sports.

Jimmy Johnson came straight out and said ," We will win the ball game," when we were about to play the 49ers in the 93 NFC Title game. Can you get any more confident than that? And then we went out and pretty much dominated the niners. It is simply an excuse when teams lose a game that they were expected to win. Loses to inferior teams happen all the time... it doesnt mean anyone was "Over confident," or that they "Took them lightly."

I have coached some of the best HS Softball teams to come out of our area, before we were about to win our 2nd straight State Section Title, I told our team... there is no way this team can beat you. You dont need to do anything spectacular, just be you. You are simply better. That was not over confidence, I just stated fact.... right before the team dominated the opponent to win their 2nd straight title.

Disagree, not in every case. Being overconfident leads to a lack in every aspect of preparation and in turn you get beat in this scenario. Jimmy's quote came after the same group of players had already won it all. This isn't that same bunch. They couldn't handle success and got their heads filled with too much confidence. As a result, a team we should've beaten shut us out. They shut us out since they came ready to play. You could see it in almost every aspect. Our defenders played as if they didn't want to hit as too many of them were flat footed when a ball carrier was charging them, among other things.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Cowboys at 1:15

Just look at the Qb and OC and there you go. The offense is enimic. You can't head into the playoffs with a team shutting you out and scoring only 2 TDs against a poor Tampa squad and expect to be in the top 10.
The Cowboys offense, Dak and Linehan, have to pull it together and fix it or we'll be out of the playoffs faster then you can say "Dak fumbles".