Cowboys not getting alot of respect heading into playoffs

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't remember a year where I thought we were the worst team in the playoffs.

I don’t see why anybody would feel the Cowboys are measurably worse than the Seahawks, Vikings or Eagles.

Around the same level as those teams? Sure. They are all relatively evenly matched. But the cowboys being decidedly the worst team in the playoffs? I don’t see it.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
You can easily make the case, regardless of who ends up getting the last spots this weekend, that the Cowboys are the worst team in the playoffs.

But I also don't think they are that much worse than about 5 of those other 11 playoff teams.

Not if you still believe defense wins championships.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I don’t see why anybody would feel the Cowboys are measurably worse than the Seahawks, Vikings or Eagles.

Around the same level as those teams? Sure. They are all relatively evenly matched. But the cowboys being decidedly the worst team in the playoffs? I don’t see it.

giphy-downsized.gif

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
It would seem that for some fans in this forum, the team's outcome rests on Dak's accountabilty and responsibility .

Not Garrett's .

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Dallas is the worst team in the playoffs until they prove otherwise.

That offense is putrid.
Agreed but I think Minny would give us a run for the money if they make it. IMOF, it’s the one team I would feel pretty confident about beating if we somehow played them.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

I'll say that if the Cowboys offense can ever manage to spark themselves into being productive enough in the playoffs (Doesn't have to be high flying or scoring), but if they can be productive enough to score some solid points then because of this defense the Cowboys can win some games in the playoffs,

And in someways I feel like a team with a great defense and an average but productive offense, can be more dangerous or advance further than a team like the Chiefs with a high flying offense, but a bad defense. Never want to be in the spot of the defense being so bad, that it puts pressure on the offense to have to score on just about every possession. If anything prevents the Chiefs from winning the Superbowl, it will be their D, more than it will be Mahomes and their offense.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys at 1:15

Dallas has won two playoff games since 1988. You have to earn the respect by winning. Dallas has a dismal playoff record since 1998.

2009 Dallas 34 Philadelphia 14

2014 Dallas 24 Detroit 20

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
My wifes Dr. who is a devout Patriots fan and btw paid for the Jerry World on field tour last year, texted her today Happy New Year and may the Cowboys win one playoff game before submitting to a loss.

catiii

Reaction score
Good, underdog mentality is always better than over confidence.
Perhaps why Dak played so well when Romo was hurt. No expectations and he played it loose and natural. Of course, now, he's had all that good stuff "coached" out of him by the clapper.