Twitter: Cowboys now favorites by 7.5 points against the Jets

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That being said, going to the sports book for games and getting free drinks for just placing a modest bet is a good time. I have never understood using a bookie.

pansophy

Reaction score
Not exactly. There are analysts who are paid a fortune to determine betting lines and probabilities and create lines where it doesn't matter who wins as long as it's not by an amount outside of their numbers. That then adjusts by the actual bets made when the over/under gets bet way more than the other or there are special circumstances like Rodgers' injury. Then the numbers change to protect the Sports Book.

BTW, I got my bet in early when the line was 3.5. :)
They are predicting betting behavior and therefore speculating on public opinion. This is not different from what I said. I'm not saying that betting isn't a complex operation -- I'm saying it has no relationship to who is actually more likely to win beyond it reflecting what public opinion is generally.

Creeper

Reaction score
People really think this will be a tough game :lmao:
It will be a tough game. The Jets defense is the real deal. They have some good players on defense. Their running game should be a concern too. The Bills made a lot of dumb mistakes but they have a good football team and the Jets held them in check.

I would not take this game lightly. The Jets match up well against the Cowboys.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Why would they open the line on a game while one of the teams still had a game to play? Seems like they should wait for the Monday Night game to be over so they can account for injuries. Everyone who jumped on Dallas at +3.5 is loving life right now.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I see this as a tight game thru the 4th. Not having to deal with a veteran QB like Rodgers in the 4th quarter is what I believe allows Dallas to "pull away" late. I could see this as a 23-16 type game.

CWR

Reaction score
all betting lines are is an indicator of public perception of who is going to win. It’s not based on reality.

It amazes me how often those lines come down to the wire though.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is gonna be another 40 burger. Same situation as last game. Maybe our offense sputters a bit with their defense, but our defense will put us in good field position and or score some points.
That would be picture perfect.