Cowboys O-Line Ranked 21st

Carson

Reaction score
Of course they can't put them in the top ten or so. What's on paper doesn't allow it.

But I think they have done a very good job with overhauling this o line and I'm looking forward to see what they can do.

Let's hope they can find some rhythm in the pre season already.
I still think two all pros and a RT a year removed from an ACL is higher than 21 IMO

Carson

Reaction score
While Steele looked better by the end of the season he was still not there. Martin had minor injury issues and is getting older. TB is gone, as is our future HOF LT.
So we have two holes and two players who might or might not regain what they were. The other player coming back was all pro where he was but he might be moved.
The current center is UDFA and only played against lousy teams where he looked fairly good but no more. We have two rookies that have lots of potential but have not showed more yet
I think its a reasonable ranking this early in the pre season
Biadasz may be the most overrated OL here in some time. Dude struggles in 1 v 1s and cannot stop a bull rush.

Watch the tape against Philly. He was in Daks lap all night

75boyz

Reaction score
PFF's Solari coached runblock(rb) and pass block(pb) o-lines at his last 7 stops prior to Cowboys.

2016 NYG 19(rb) 21(pb)
2017 NYG 18(rb) 27(pb)
2018 SEA 19(rb) 18(pb)
2019 SEA 20(rb 30(pb)
2020 SEA 9(rb) 30(pb)
2021 SEA. 17(rb) 21(pb)
2022 Fired - did not work

So yeah, he ain't some oline savant or guru at his job like some try to make him out to be. He ruined what Philbin had created in Steele in piss poor technique coaching. And no, I'm not just talking about Steele's coming back from injury status last year either.

And I wasn't a big Philbin guy.
This guy is worse.
Will do "less with more" and be just another poor staff choice by McFraud when its all said and done.

And Zoners will be questioning both scheme and execution of oline philosophy AGAIN.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PFF's Solari coached runblock(rb) and pass block(pb) o-lines at his last 7 stops prior to Cowboys.

2016 NYG 19(rb) 21(pb)
2017 NYG 18(rb) 27(pb)
2018 SEA 19(rb) 18(pb)
2019 SEA 20(rb 30(pb)
2020 SEA 9(rb) 30(pb)
2021 SEA. 17(rb) 21(pb)

So yeah, he ain't some oline savant or guru at his job like some try to make him out to be. He ruined what Philbin had created in Steele in piss poor technique coaching. And no, I'm not just talking about Steele's coming back from injury status last year either.

This guy is worse.
Will do "less with more" and be just another poor staff choice by McFraud when its all said and done.

And Zoners will be questioning both scheme and execution of said oline scheme AGAIN.
Yep, IMO zone blocking is the only way with todays gambling defenses.

What make his numbers worse in Seattle? He had a mobile QB who could roll away from pressure.

Carson

Reaction score

2016 NYG 19(rb) 21(pb)
2017 NYG 18(rb) 27(pb)
2018 SEA 19(rb) 18(pb)
2019 SEA 20(rb 30(pb)
2020 SEA 9(rb) 30(pb)
2021 SEA. 17(rb) 21(pb)

This guy is worse.

And Zoners will be questioning both scheme and execution of oline philosophy AGAIN.
Not defending Solari because I think he’s average at best.

But those OLs he coached were definitely not talented

75boyz

Reaction score
Not defending Solari because I think he’s average at best.

But those OLs he coached were definitely not talented
Yeah, I hear ya man.
Its one of the reasons I emphasized he will most likely do less with more here as compared to previous o-lines. I mean, even if the oline talent was not as good as ours you would at least think he could coach em up to respectable numbers one time in his previous 7 years of work.

But naw, he just kinda sucked at his job honestly. Talent or no talent.

jmo

75boyz

Reaction score
Yep, IMO zone blocking is the only way with todays gambling defenses.

What make his numbers worse in Seattle? He had a mobile QB who could roll away from pressure.
It's why Carroll fired him.

shabazz

Reaction score
You will have to patiently wait on my prediction after we get closer to the start of regular season. I will make one guarantee: We will not win a divisional round playoff game this year and as the great Jimmy Johnson once said, “You can put it in ten inch headlines”.
The roster does not lie.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Biadasz may be the most overrated OL here in some time. Dude struggles in 1 v 1s and cannot stop a bull rush.

Watch the tape against Philly. He was in Daks lap all night
I am not claiming otherwise. No matter how he got there, TB was a pro bowl center. You seem to want to ignore that; any person logically looking at the entirety of our OL this year versus last year has to wonder if we can have a center this year as good.

plasticman

Reaction score
Good!

I hope the Cowboys offensive line has been made aware of this.

I hope the media keeps the disrespect coming. At some point there has to be enough pride on this team for them to develop a commitment to proving them all wrong.

TheCritic

Reaction score
It may be the 21st at the start of the season, but if the OL remains healthy, they will be battle-tested and will be much better by the end of the season.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Great, America's team was great by challenging difficulties and over coming them. Time for that to just return and this is a good group to just do that very achievement level. Leave excuses and miseries to other teams...here and now.

CCBoy

Reaction score

2016 NYG 19(rb) 21(pb)
2017 NYG 18(rb) 27(pb)
2018 SEA 19(rb) 18(pb)
2019 SEA 20(rb 30(pb)
2020 SEA 9(rb) 30(pb)
2021 SEA. 17(rb) 21(pb)

This guy is worse.

You looking for a dome to lift you up?