Cowboys offense ranked 1

gongjr

Reaction score
Are turnovers accounted for in this metric? data != relevant data

Ken

Reaction score
No, I brought up the “Dak-friendly” offense with the WRs you claimed were garbage personnel and Dak saying he didn’t need a number 1 and this whole experiment was rooted in catering the Dak. The only reason I brought up Dez is because he was just one of the many scapegoats. Stephen Jones panicked while Dak was throwing his WRs under the bus for his Quincy Carter levels of performance. In the end, Dak is trash and can’t do anything unless he’s surrounded by elite talent at every level. His QB play surely didn’t elevate those “Dak-friendly” WRs.

now it’s Cooper’s fault you you Dak-stans, because Cooper doesn’t show up on the road and is supposedly soft. You Dakstans are so comical with your excuses. You started blaming Beasley, saying he was trash, whose putting up numbers with Josh Allen.
LOL

So I believe Dak meant that he at least needed an actual number 2 or 2 to make that work. Not a bunch of scrap and a limited slot WR with a glacial Witten(edit: Actually he didn't even have that, he had a bunch of unproven te's if memory serves)

Oh, and he is leading the league in passing yards with a patchwork offensive line in front of him so far this year. So much for needing to be surrounded by "elite talent" to succeed.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Prescott and Elliott

Oh I see because the Cowboys didn't get to the Super Bowl since getting Prescott and Elliott they wasted their rookie deals. With that logic so did 28 other teams that didn't win the Super Bowl with the draft picks they made in 2016. Now do you see how foolish that logic is.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

If we have even a slightly below average defense we go 13-3 MINIMUM.

we’re wasting Dak and zeke’s prime

We're 8th in points per game (29.3). Parcells alway said teams should have 7 points for every 100 yards, which should have us ~35 points per game.

It's amazing to me the 29.3 points per game is 8th, man how the NFL has changed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:clap:

we need balance

1-2 and 8-8 when this happens/.

stat padding doesnt make you a force

. They are obviously going pass happy like the old Cowboys offenses in early romo years and Zekes getting game planned out of carries. He will starve and we will continue to lose..

zekes 2 best years= Playoffs, zekes down years= no playoffs..figure it out you cant have Dak pass 48 times a game and win many of those especially with this patched together OL..

we need balance
You made me think of something. The (some of the) very people complaining about Zeke's production now (with low number of carries)...complained that he only got a lotta yards with a lot of carries.

The formula for Zeke's successful running game is simple. Even gimmicky run-the-QB Urban understood it. We aren't doing it. If this continues, I'm going to have to agree with Zeke-haters....it's a wasted spot and money. Keeping our Dak healthy and forcing teams to even still game plan him is all we got right now.

John813

Reaction score
Would be nice to be #1 at PPG.

Anywho, the offense for the most part isn't a weakness this year. Mental mistakes almost blew week 2 win.
They can sustain drives; but the defense also can sustain drives as well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you have the number one offense, OFFENSE is not the problem. I suggest you look up where the DEFENSE ranks and perhaps you will see the light.
Looks to me like LACowboys doesn't disagree with you. He/she? didn't say offense was the problem per se. Only that #1 offense isn't doing anything for us. .

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Were also ranked 5th in turnovers, which vastly dilutes the points per game stat.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You made me think of something. The (some of the) very people complaining about Zeke's production now (with low number of carries)...complained that he only got a lotta yards with a lot of carries.

The formula for Zeke's successful running game is simple. Even gimmicky run-the-QB Urban understood it. We aren't doing it. If this continues, I'm going to have to agree with Zeke-haters....it's a wasted spot and money. Keeping our Dak healthy and forcing teams to even still game plan him is all we got right now.

No not zekes issue that they cant scheme the run game and went pass heavy..the OL in shambles Dak throwing 48times game is Zeke fault hating zeke because he got paid to be zeke wand when hes used lie bell cow he produces but when hes not its his fault?

thats on the coaches and Fo ,not zeke cant be hater if zeke didnt have control of his situation..its one game that they purposefully didnt use zeke properly has nothing to do with amount of Carries it has everything to do with when and how you use the run game

KM suck's at it sorry , not zeke..

people want all this fancy motion and creative schemes on the offense for pass games well how you scheme the run game is equally as important , what blocking formations and scheme you use and when and what part of the game you use it..

BTW seriously keep dak helathy is NOT standing back there 50times while zeke is used to block instead of run..

its mostly on Moore and if it continues might as well trade dak and zeke and blow it up because the coaches dont have clue ie starts with Moore and ends with MM..

GMO415

Reaction score
That's great. We went 8-8 with the #1 offense last year too.......
anigif_sub-buzz-1015-1513272845-14.gif

bewp7

Reaction score
oh boy another year hearing about how great the cowboys offense is because of yards per game i did not get enough of that last year

Blue64

Reaction score
still people are naive...WINS we need wins not stats
Well said, some people have difficulty grasping that concept..

Look at the other teams all have winning records, their yards are mostly generated with sustained drives and rarely from putting up yardage in desperation.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well said, some people have difficulty grasping that concept..

Look at the other teams all have winning records, their yards are mostly generated with sustained drives and rarely from putting up yardage in desperation.
absolutely typically is true like in 2019 but not this season...

there are only 4 teams ahead of us with MORE total TDs we are top 5 in scoring ie total points issue is defense but those mistakes on offense led to points for the other offense so its skewed..

so yes while Troys correct in his statement but our losses were so close it comes down to Mistakes Penalties and TOs have cost us a better start. Period..

fivetwos

Reaction score
Oh I see because the Cowboys didn't get to the Super Bowl since getting Prescott and Elliott they wasted their rookie deals. With that logic so did 28 other teams that didn't win the Super Bowl with the draft picks they made in 2016. Now do you see how foolish that logic is.
I made a comment based on the original comment.

I don't see foolish logic in the comment I made, nor am I taking the bait to enter into the arguments you always find yourself in.

Maybe you enjoy that. I don't.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I made a comment based on the original comment.

I don't see foolish logic in the comment I made, nor am I taking the bait to enter into the arguments you always find yourself in.

Maybe you enjoy that. I don't.

I see you can't support saying the Cowboys wasted Prescott's and Elliott's rookie contracts because there were 28 teams that did the very same thing and you don't see how foolish that idea really is.

And to you don't answer this and have a good day.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
We need to start each game as if we're down 15. Maybe we end up winning by 6.