Cowboys offensive lineman Edoga in a boot

_sturt_

Reaction score
Pretty sure they're grading players individually according to the assignments they have and the coaching they've received... so no such thing as "set up to fail." You do your job. If the play is successful but no thanks to your execution, you'll get the appropriate grade... if the play gets blown up, but you meet or exceed expectations, you'll get the appropriate grade.

Coaches aren't imbeciles, in spite of the nasty predisposition of some fans.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Dude is a bum anyways. Can't believe we are going into the season relying on him and Steele to protect Dak. I am surprised Dak isn't holding out like CeeDee Lamb. No way I am going into the season with 2 trash tackles. A new center and the possibility of no CeeDee lamb.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dude is a bum anyways. Can't believe we are going into the season relying on him and Steele to protect Dak. I am surprised Dak isn't holding out like CeeDee Lamb. No way I am going into the season with 2 trash tackles. A new center and the possibility of no CeeDee lamb.
:hammer: .....I am a little concerned now after seeing what we have. Always thought Guyton could play right tackle....then slide Tyler to left tackle if Steele continues to stink. Now???? Guyton practically looks skinny. Got a bad feeling RT and C...are gonna be a problem. All this hype for Hoffman....lol. He looks like a backup @ best. Really disappointed in Beebe @ C. He just looked lost out there....didn't see much communication going in there. Bass was another disappointment after surprising last year....getting beat multiple times. The hype for Richard....was unfounded....making 6th round pick Tyler Davis look like Aaron Donald hadn't retired. Why this team hangs on to Ball is a huge question....Hate to say it....but letting Biadiaz go was a mistake.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Oh geez. The inclination to hyperbolic conclusions is just so tedious, so pretentious.

It's one game, folks. No, it's less than that. It's the first game.

What you want to see is who makes a jump from their first game performance to the second.

And then, who can come out of game 3 with a net positive assessment.

Nothing new about it. This is every preseason, except we just have fewer games than we used to.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
This is going to be a train wreck, 17 games….they won’t even make it to the playoffs with 2 or 3 rookie OL and no DL. They drafted the positions so that’s good but it’ll take a few years. This is going to be ruff. That’s why you don’t set record contracts signing players now except Parsons you need him.

rambo2

Reaction score
So, a guy who's been injury prone his entire career gets injured. How in the world could anyone have seen this coming?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who cares? He is a backup.

rambo2

Reaction score
This is going to be a train wreck, 17 games….they won’t even make it to the playoffs with 2 or 3 rookie OL and no DL. They drafted the positions so that’s good but it’ll take a few years. This is going to be ruff. That’s why you don’t set record contracts signing players now except Parsons you need him.
12 and 5. They may have the best guards in the league.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Although I hate to see anyone injured, I'm good with this. I thought Edoga shouldn't have been out there yesterday, at least not with the starters or at left tackle. We know who he is, so we don't need to see it. We need to see Guyton at LT, and if not Guyton, we need to see Richards. At least, this forces the team's hand ... although it irked me that we stuck Bostic out there when Guyton's time was up. We may want to see Richards at LG, but we may need him at LT, so that's where he should be getting most of his snaps.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Probably because it’s preseason and they wanted to see how he responds.
I think it is because they are looking at backup position flex. How many positions players like Richards and Beebe can handle will determine who is taken to games as the swing guard/center and swing tackle. Richards playing left guard also leaves open the possibility of what we could do if we had to move Tyler to left tackle.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Thomas the 7th round tackle mammoth . Unless he’s banged up let’s see him this weekend . Churn the roster .