Cowboys offensive lineman Edoga in a boot

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think he was (they thought he was), but with Guyton taking over LT and Richards looking good as the backup he could get the boot. I could see him on the practice squad if he clears waivers.
I've been eyeing that for him. I don't think he's a player you're in danger of losing if you cut him at the end of camp. We do that every year with a few select vets so we can keep younger players that may intrigue other teams.

kskboys

Reaction score
Move on, and for bog's sake quit signing guys who can't stay on the field. It's frickin' stupid.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think he was (they thought he was), but with Guyton taking over LT and Richards looking good as the backup he could get the boot. I could see him on the practice squad if he clears waivers.
His injury could actually be good news in that regard. If he's unable to play the rest of the preseason and Dallas cuts him, it's even less likely that someone will try to sign him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
His injury could actually be good news in that regard. If he's unable to play the rest of the preseason and Dallas cuts him, it's even less likely that someone will try to sign him.
The one problem is if you waive them injured they have to go to IR and can't sign to the practice squad at least not for so many weeks once you release them. Not sure about the time line on that.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Richards is just as good as Edoga at LT. All the more puzzling why they put Bostick out there instead
Probably wanted to see what he did against higher level competition. He has traits and had a good preseason last year, but played against mostly 3rd strings. Richards, I dont think they need to figure out as much