Cowboys offering a 2nd for Thomas

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I will be very very very disappointed in the front office if they decide to burn draft picks and cap space on a guy who is looking for his retirement package.

Rayman70

Reaction score
When you spend months saying you'll only offer a third then at the last minute you up your offer to a 2nd, you blinked. :muttley:

Seattle has waited this long. They'll wait longer to see if Dallas blinks again sensing the Cowboys "dire situation" and all.
Nah, we wont offer more, I promise ya that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This wouldn't completely shock me.
A little, I guess.
But a 3rd on 2018 draft day is roughly the equivalent of a 2nd on 2019 draft day....trade value wise.
Just wish it'd either get done or people would shut up about it

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Those trades were 100 years ago. Dallas doesn't have that rep anymore and if they did it would be false.

Doesn't matter if they were a thousand years ago since the same GM is in the house. Spin it any way you want, Dallas blinked...just as Seattle has been waiting for them to do for months.

bark

Reaction score
I tell them once the season starts the offer drops to a 4. And btw a 2 is an outrageous price to pay imo.
Jerry is a better negotiator than this

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This deal will get done for a 2nd.
We are in 2nd level negotiations at this point,, that alone should be telling.
I can see a deal being struck within 48 hours.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Man, talk about not letting sleeping dogs lie...or is it lay?

It's called a track record. It applies when the same guy is still in charge. Jerry's "splash trades" haven't fared so well since Herschel Walker. Whether anyone likes being reminded of that is irrelevant.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Joey Galloway, Roy Williams and perhaps Earl Thomas. I do not approve.

montgod

Reaction score
Damn... I really didn't want them to give up a 2nd for him. It's a definite need, but feel like without better WR or TEs (or coach.. no comment), this year won't be as successful as the brass think it will be.