Cowboys offering a 2nd for Thomas

Blackspider214

Reaction score
pass...just out of principle. Love ET, but I would not give up assets like candy. Let Seattle get nothing.

Seattle is going to get a 3rd round comp pick for him when he walks this coming offseason.

And typical Cowboys fans. Wants to hoard draft picks and salary cap space. And for what exactly? ET will be light years ahead of any player we draft in the 2nd round next year.

Bears just signed Mack to the richest defensive contract in NFL history and are still $11mill under the cap. Eagles signed all those guys and traded last season and were fine.

Do people not realize the best time to win is when your QB is under his rookie deal? Not to mention Zeke. Yet we sit on our hands stand pat and so many of our fans defend this crap.

But hey, Salary Cap Chams!! Yay!!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I will be very very very disappointed in the front office if they decide to burn draft picks and cap space on a guy who is looking for his retirement package.
You have zero gravity,, your floating in space.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if they were a thousand years ago since the same GM is in the house. Spin it any way you want, Dallas blinked...just as Seattle has been waiting for them to do for months.
Yeah I'm not spinning ****. Jerry doesn't make those decisions by himself now and the Cowboys do NOT make trades like that anymore. Seattle just screwed themselves. They won't get more then a second, so now when Earl leaves next year they settle for a late 3rd instead.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Now the "the FO isnt trying to improve the team" crowd will settle down a little at least

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not spinning ****. Jerry doesn't make those decisions by himself now and the Cowboys do NOT make trades like that anymore. Seattle just screwed themselves. They won't get more then a second, so now when Earl leaves next year they settle for a late 3rd instead.

they *could* franchise him.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I hate the idea of giving a 2nd. But I could live with it....even a 2nd and a 5th or 6th too. No way should we give a first rounder.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
When you spend months saying you'll only offer a third then at the last minute you up your offer to a 2nd, you blinked. :muttley:

Seattle has waited this long. They'll wait longer to see if Dallas blinks again sensing the Cowboys "dire situation" and all.

And you have no idea if any of that is true or not. Has any Dallas official said anything? No.

crazytown41

Reaction score
They'll give in eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if they leaked this to try to get more from other teams

ET will be a cowboy soon... :clap::clap:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This ^^^. I've been against it just because of his age but I think he's on the sidelines in Carolina on Sunday now.
I believe so,, I really doubt ET and his agent want to start loosing 500k weekly.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This deal will get done for a 2nd.
We are in 2nd level negotiations at this point,, that alone should be telling.
I can see a deal being struck within 48 hours.

Second level trade negotiations has a history of meaning Jerry gets excited and gets fleeced. We'll see how this plays out.

Jerry can see the press conference and headlines already...get the man a Johnny Walker.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I believe so,, I really doubt ET and his agent want to start loosing 500k weekly.

He’s not playing for Seattle..

This is probably about to get done today.

We may hear it about it before 3 o clock. That’s usually how these things work.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Maybe wrong but just don't see this as legit, unless jerry has decided to get involved. This morning it was a 3rd and no more and now we are being told dallas have upped offer and seattle have turned down a 2nd?.
Sorry it just does not make sense to me.