Cowboys officially part with Hutchinson

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Now this gets moved to the smack-talk forum? It seems to me that it would take more than just a person saying something that got people up in an uproar.....you would think that it should have been alot of people "talking smack" back and forth.

Geez, there was a misunderstanding that was trying to be rectified.....and it gets moved? :rolleyes:
I agree, it is wrong to move this. Dead wrong and I did not do it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
I told you that I can understand it......did I defend it? No, but I said that I can see what he was getting at. I think that you can too. Don't tell me that when you realized that when Hutch was going to be released that you didn't think there would be people on this board saying "I told you so". Now, did I do that? No I didn't. If QC is cut or waived, do I think there will be people on the other side saying the same thing? OF COURSE I DO. I CAN SEE WHAT THEY ARE GETTING AT. Do I have to agree with it? No. BUT I CAN SEE WHAT THEY ARE GETTING AT. And I think that you do to.
Okay, let me say this one last time and hope it sinks in.

Theoretical situation...Q gets waived. We go into 2004 with Vinny, Drew, and Romo. Is that what is expected? No. At that point in time will Q's doubters have a reason to crow and beat their chests? By current "accepted" standards yes they would. I mean after all, that is what happened here and it is "understood" why he said it.

Poster "Q-Hater" posts the following..."BTW, does Q's release mean all the poor Henson backers were wrong about his value? OR is it that the Henson haters were once again proven ignorant of football related concepts.

Some guys just never get tired of digging shoe from their mouths I guess."

Do you think I am going to be glad to see that? That I am going to respond to it? That I am going to "understand" what the poster is feeling because of all the crap thrown at him by Q's supporters over the 3 years he's been on message boards?

I promise you that I won't.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
As a board user here, I would like to see a more equitable demonstration of non-sanctioning by both you and Jterrel. You two are the sole partisan mods. BrainPaint, Dale and Duane may have a "dog in the race", but they don't express it if they do. From five years of sports board use, I came to believe the best moderation is that which holds itself above the fray, but you two have great takes, if sometimes partisan, and I think everyone enjoys your views enormously, as I do. It would be a loss if you two put a lid on it.
That has bene asked of me before. I don't know if JT has been asked that or not. I do not know how to say this any other way. When JT, myself, or any of the other Mods are posting our opinions we are posters sharing our thoughts, not Mods. I do not want him to silence his voice any more than I am willing to silence mine. I do not want a forum of censorship, not even by the Moderators.

Unfortunately that is what we already have. I know where the other Mods stand on the QB issue and some of them do not post though they have strong opinions on it. I wish they would, but that is their choice.

However, you both have the tendency to let go uncalled for remarks by the "opposing" camp, and I strongly feel you allow posters to get away with remarks from "your" side that you have much less patience from "the other side." Inane flame threads started by either side need to be sent to smack room asap. It isn't enough to refrain from sanctioning the remarks which seem generated from pure hate and ignorance - what is needed is to call that poster on it immediately. It shouldn't have to come from "the other side", it should come down to what it appropriate for a forum that refuses to champion trash.
I don't let go any remarks. If a poster is truly out of line I send a warning. Both sides of the QB camps can testify to you that I have issued warnings. A good many stupid things said by "my side" of the issue go without comment by me. I do nto acknowledge them, nor do I get heavy handed and delete the comments. I'm nto here to stifle opinions.

I do not agree with sending threads to the Smack Talk Zone right away. I think this is a practice that is wrong. America was built upon freedom of expression. Many of the threads that do get moved have had great debates in the middle of them. Great debates drive a forum. I do not understand why people see a 7 or 8 page thread and that alone sets them off. If they prefer hundreds of 4 and 5 reply threads that is their business. Sometimes a good debate is a good thing.

I use this board because it is moderated and tasteful. I am just another poster, with no special privs, and obviously from my post count, I love the place. But there have been a few times recently I have told myself it is time to move to another board, because the level of discourse had begun to sink. I'm not a priss, or prude, and I think I have a sense of humour, but there is a bottom line that as a poster I won't cross, and that is wallowing in the kind of net environment I'd never enter in the real world. There are other places to go.
There are good people on both sides of this debate. This forum is better than any other for those deabtes and all of the others as well. That is all I will say on this matter. I'll gladly leave when we're a forum of nothing but censorship which is what I see a lot of people want.

I realize this is what the divisions were about on the old board. But some of us came here just because mean-spirited garbage was not our cup of tea. If this sounds "superior", so be it. I do feel superior to that trash, and I am asking before the preseason starts that both you and Jterrel do a more consistent job of policing it when it comes from your "own side".
Again, I police both sides, but I police via PM, not by sharing my opinion. The difference here is I am not calling anyone on the other side idiots or pointing fingers. You have never seen me act the Mod in public and threaten to ban someone. In private, via PM, that has happened, and on both sides of the fence.

In my opinion that is being consistent. If you disagree then please PM me as to why.
Thank you. I hope you understand that the only thing I am takign a stand against here is the combination "let's put this aside" and "you're all ignorant" point of view. That serves no purpose that I can see.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I moved this thread...and if anyone has a problem with it they can talk to me about it.

However as being someone that is not into these QC debates, and therefore have no agenda one way or the other except to wish they would just end, I think when we have people in here calling each other ignorant just because they do not happen to support ones views on the QC situation...then it indeed needs to be moved to the smack board.

You have other people who in return have to go about ripping on another...even though they do it in a manner that can be desribed later as just debate.

You got people openly and via PMs complaining about the mannerisms of some and the tactics used in these "debates".

Yes this stuff needs to be moved to the smack forum every so often.

Yet it is hard to see that when we are involved in those debates at the time....I have that problem as well in the political section and then after cooling down some I have to police myself (as was the case recently).....yet in the middle of those debates it is hard to remain objective.

Sometimes in those instances it is a good thing to see someone else come in with an objective view over the situation.

But hey that is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

I just do find it a shame that those that do not wish to be labeled Haters or Apologist are among the first to start this stuff up and continue it day after day like some new revelation will change the others minds....and then when they find out it does not work you see that change in attitude and things start taking a different turn....now sure there are times it turns back to the better....but just because it turned back to the better does not mean it should be left out there to ignore the previous statements all the time.

Sorry...sometimes some of the people involved in these QC debates need to act a little older, step back and evaluate how they are going about things....and something I hardly ever see in these debates when they get out of control...someone apologize for getting a little wild...as much as we have some hateful debates on the political forum...you can alway see some cool down and apologize if they get out of line....just do not see it that often in these QC debates.

Ok...that is my opinion on the matter...and once again if anyone has a problem with me moving them...then talk to me about it...but before you do, think to yourself and see if the only reason you are upset about is because you have your agenda to keep them going that almost borders on an obsession.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
That has bene asked of me before. I don't know if JT has been asked that or not. I do not know how to say this any other way. When JT, myself, or any of the other Mods are posting our opinions we are posters sharing our thoughts, not Mods. I do not want him to silence his voice any more than I am willing to silence mine. I do not want a forum of censorship, not even by the Moderators.

Unfortunately that is what we already have. I know where the other Mods stand on the QB issue and some of them do not post though they have strong opinions on it. I wish they would, but that is their choice.

I don't let go any remarks. If a poster is truly out of line I send a warning. Both sides of the QB camps can testify to you that I have issued warnings. A good many stupid things said by "my side" of the issue go without comment by me. I do nto acknowledge them, nor do I get heavy handed and delete the comments. I'm nto here to stifle opinions.

I do not agree with sending threads to the Smack Talk Zone right away. I think this is a practice that is wrong. America was built upon freedom of expression. Many of the threads that do get moved have had great debates in the middle of them. Great debates drive a forum. I do not understand why people see a 7 or 8 page thread and that alone sets them off. If they prefer hundreds of 4 and 5 reply threads that is their business. Sometimes a good debate is a good thing.

There are good people on both sides of this debate. This forum is better than any other for those deabtes and all of the others as well. That is all I will say on this matter. I'll gladly leave when we're a forum of nothing but censorship which is what I see a lot of people want.

Again, I police both sides, but I police via PM, not by sharing my opinion. The difference here is I am not calling anyone on the other side idiots or pointing fingers. You have never seen me act the Mod in public and threaten to ban someone. In private, via PM, that has happened, and on both sides of the fence.

In my opinion that is being consistent. If you disagree then please PM me as to why.

Thank you. I hope you understand that the only thing I am takign a stand against here is the combination "let's put this aside" and "you're all ignorant" point of view. That serves no purpose that I can see.

Fair enough. And thanks for letting me know you are policing on both sides of the fence.

I really don't see this as a first amendment issue, so the freedom of expression that America was built on I don't see as relevent at all. There should be censorship to some degree on a public forum, but ideally it comes from the common sense and human decency of posters themselves. I do, however, want to see active and public censoring of the kind of comments I alluded to earlier. The war that was fought over the "R" word is the best example. "Censorship" won out in that case, and that was the right choice, imo. I won't shy away from that word - these are not first amendment issues.

And of course, we are all free to post elsewhere if the ambiance is not what we fancy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
It is time for me to let you all fight while I discuss other stuff. The taboo mentality is just too much.

Have fun.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
It is time for me to let you all fight while I discuss other stuff. The taboo mentality is just too much.

Have fun.
Fine, TH. You can react with sarcasm about "taboo mentality" and "censorship" all you like.

I am just one poster of 1700, but there is a reason I post here, and not at the Ranch or the Star Tel or the board created by some of the old members of this board. It was because certain means of expression ARE considered "taboo" and ARE censored. And I certainly hope they continue to be "taboo".

So perhaps I have taken the wrong approach here. Instead of complaining, I should be congratulating all involved on the kind of atmosphere that for the most part does exist.

So props, may the trend continue.