Cowboys Oline finishes 2018 season ranked 31st out of 32 teams in sacks allowed

Hadenough

Reaction score
This oline isnt getting any better either! Frederick even if he comes back next year wont really be back to normal. Mark Schlereth had this same syndrome and he said even when he came back he wasnt the same for another year. Total 2 years to get back to normal. Our boat anchor Tyron Smith is guaranteed to miss plenty of games from here on out. Then undersized LG in Connor and a QB that takes too long to go through his progressions and refuses to throw the ball away and its a wonder this team even made it to the playoffs.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
He could have avoided several by throwing the ball faster or throwing it away. It is what it is. He was never taught that throwing the ball away is a GOOD play. (And much better than taking a sack). That's on the coaches.
How can we know what he was taught? Would Garret and linehan agree with this statement?

conner01

Reaction score
It doesn’t list why that’s the case. I assume just sack numbers.

A team 5th in rushing can’t have the 31st OL in the league
Run blocking is generally easier
But we started the year with a rookie guard, then came losing an all pro center, an all pro guard, the rookie guard and a pro bowl tackle
Only one for the season but the oline has to work together and that’s difficult when there is a new guy there each week
Also you had a WB hold the ball and in the end the pass blocking wasn’t what it should have been
Yet in the end we got to the playoffs and didn’t lose because of the oline

nobody

Reaction score
How can we know what he was taught? Would Garret and linehan agree with this statement?

I know that as a coach, if a player wasn't listening to me at all, his *** would be benched, starter or not. It's called coaching, something they don't appear to be good at if they're talking and players aren't listening. My guess is that they're talking and players are listening and it's getting them booted out of the playoffs constantly.

superonyx

Reaction score
That was much more due to Dak than the O line but it helps the Dak supporters cause. Overall the O line sis still well above average compared to the rest of the league.
Are we ignoring the facts in a thread from about a week ago that showed how many of Daks sacks were because of the offensive line.

Nothing like being anti Dak bias while accusing others of being pro Dak bias.

Toxic.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I know that as a coach, if a player wasn't listening to me at all, his *** would be benched, starter or not. It's called coaching, something they don't appear to be good at if they're talking and players aren't listening. My guess is that they're talking and players are listening and it's getting them booted out of the playoffs constantly.
This, "My guess is that they're talking and players are listening and it's getting them booted out of the playoffs constantly." Could be our worse case scenario.

JBond

Reaction score
Are you ready for the statistical fact of where our Cowboys Oline ranked by the end of this 2018 Regular Season?

Cowboys Oline finished ranked 31st out of 32 teams!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...8&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=2&role=TM

That says everything as to why our Cowboys season went the way it went and why it ended the way it did in the playoffs. Look at our opponents Oline rankings.
Wish we hired a QB coach. He may have taught Dak to get rid of the damn ball a little quicker.

JBond

Reaction score
Regardless of where we ranked, our pass protection sucks and our run blocking is good.
It did not suck. It was average which should be good enough for the great Dak Prescott. Maybe he will improve his pre snap reads and figure out how to throw the ball in year four.

pansophy

Reaction score
Are you ready for the statistical fact of where our Cowboys Oline ranked by the end of this 2018 Regular Season?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...8&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=2&role=TM

That says everything as to why our Cowboys season went the way it went and why it ended the way it did in the playoffs. Look at our opponents Oline rankings.
Sacks numbers alone can't tell the whole story. Dak could just hold on to the ball forever, which many complain that he does. How many of those sacks were within 2.5 seconds? That's the question.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Makes no sense. Look at the rushing numbers, rushing averages and rushing TDs. Other teams ranked lower have better numbers. All you did was flip the rankings from the original stat stated on the nfl.com page when asked to show Oline season's end rankings.

It was a joke, it was sorted by sacks before.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This OL has always been better at run blocking than pass blocking. And this goes back to their peak in 2016.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Regardless of their ranking they weren't as bad as that stat indicates. There were other factors that made them rank that low.

They need to get better but they are far from the 2nd worst at protecting the QB.

Ken

Reaction score
That was much more due to Dak than the O line but it helps the Dak supporters cause. Overall the O line sis still well above average compared to the rest of the league.
Yes, he just forgot how to get rid of the ball this year. Not having your all pro center, a rookie right guard, a hobbled LT and RT had nothing to do with it.

Ken

Reaction score
Regardless of their ranking they weren't as bad as that stat indicates. There were other factors that made them rank that low.

They need to get better but they are far from the 2nd worst at protecting the QB.
It is that bad and we are overated in the run game. Our blocking schemes are horrible in pass pro, teams take advantage of it.

I will concede that our horribly predictable scheme is also a factor.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

From first to near worst in 2 seasons. How quickly it's lost with injuries and ineffective replacements.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
2018 was a successful season by Cowboys standards this era.

Our offense was well below average in most ranking including this one .

Shocking we even win the division and made the playoffs. My hunch is the top 10 defense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is about as much as we can hope for with a 22nd ranked offense and QB.

I dont expect us to be a regular postseason team with such a putrid offense.

Oh well, let’s extend everyone and forge ahead. #1 in revenue. Go Cowboys!! Set sail Jerry in your new toy. Well done . No dumpster fire this year. Lol

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
maybe brokedak can't read defenses. you can get away with more just handing the ball off than reading the defense when throwing it.

must be kellen moore's fault.. he should have meet brokedak in elementary school and taught him how to read defenses.. sarcasm.. lmao

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The interior OL was solid. The T play was terrible. Anyone have the stats on sacks allowed by player. I think Collins was just awful this season.