Cowboys only have two

coult44

Reaction score
He padded stats again
Again. Y’all are showing you don’t know football and your agenda drives your conversation.

If you have NO CHOICE other than to throw the ball, it’s not padding. Y’all sound ignorant. Huge difference to what he was forced to do, and what he would do if trying to pad!

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
The Cowboys defense struggled with the read option and outside contain the first three quarters. The defense did improve but is was too little too late. Dak still struggles reading defenses and I don't understand the roll outs especially to the right that seem to always fail. Even on two point conversions MM likes running that play as we saw today. The O Line is inconsistent. How many plays did Dak have to scramble or rush passes that were overthrown? It's almost miraculous he didn't have an INT today. And an overall lack of team speed. WR's unable to create space as the Ravens challenged them through most of the game. Be able to take contact at the LOS and break free. A lot of CeeDee's frustration was the Ravens ability to slow him down playing physical. He has to fight through that because other teams will do the same. Failure to adapt seems to be the basic problem with this team at present in my opinion.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Again. Y’all are showing you don’t know football and your agenda drives your conversation.

If you have NO CHOICE other than to throw the ball, it’s not padding. Y’all sound ignorant. Huge difference to what he was forced to do, and what he would do if trying to pad!
They are ignorant.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
7-10 is still too high. Our schedule is rough and we aren't even in the thick of it yet. That 49ers game is going to be quite possibly one of the worst regular season losses in NFL history.

Steelers is a loss. Falcons is a loss. Eagles will sweep us in clearance store blowout fashion. Lions will decimate us. 49ers too. Panthers is probably a loss now too since they look good with Dalton. We might, emphasis on MIGHT split with Washington and Giants, but I doubt it. So let’s just count all 4 of those games as losses. Bengals is a loss. Bucs and Texans are sure losses. We’re going 1–16. Maybe 2-15 if we get a lucky win, 3-14 if the last game of the season team already secured a playoff spot and they let us win.

So you are seeing a top 3 pick because not seeing many wins and I really must say, our DL is terrible and can’t do anything right and then the O has not a one back to hat strike fear in anyone.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
So if there are no passing weapons (which I agree), how can you legitimately say Dak padded his stats in the 4th quarter when Dak had 193 passing yards at the end of the 3rd quarter? Those Dak 193 passing yards after 3 quarters are more than Lamar Jackson's 183 total passing yards after 4 quarters.

Enough with the bull "garbage time padding stats" false label.
Lamar only threw it 15 times. Dak threw it 51 times. Not really a fair comparison.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
What does it take to win consistently in the NFL?

* A good running game. X
* A good passing game. OK. Dak was 28/51 for 379 yds and 2 tds RTG of 92. (Way too many passes)
* A good defense against the pass. X
* A good defense against the run. X
* A good special teams. OK

It’s going to take a good GM to fix any of them during the season. I’m still hopeful. It’s only week 3 and the Cowboys play in the NFC East. Most of you have given up already. That’s fine. You do you.
We've had the same GM for 3+ decades

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Lamar has weapons, plus a legit running game, a defense and a very good play-creating coordinator. Dak does not. Definitely not a fair comparison.
True, but not relevant I the context of the conversation. A good portion of Daks stats this game came in the 4th. Was it garbage time? Game was within reach, even if unlikely. I didn't think so, but the Ravens went prevent and Dak was able to move the ball.

I understand that Dak is limited on weapons. It was my main argument for not resigning him. He struggles without superior talent surrounding him. You spend that kind of money on one or two guys, you need to understand that you're sacrificing talent elsewhere. This year, that meant letting starters and depth walk along both lines and at RB. Dak can't carry that burden on his own. Very few can. Brady and Mahommes took team friendly deals to help shore up weaknesses, and that's why their teams were/are successful. Lack of talent is a bad excuse when the guy being defended has contributed directly to that talent deficit.

kskboys

Reaction score
What does it take to win consistently in the NFL?

* A good running game. X
* A good passing game. OK. Dak was 28/51 for 379 yds and 2 tds RTG of 92. (Way too many passes)
* A good defense against the pass. X
* A good defense against the run. X
* A good special teams. OK

It’s going to take a good GM to fix any of them during the season. I’m still hopeful. It’s only week 3 and the Cowboys play in the NFC East. Most of you have given up already. That’s fine. You do you.
Dak was terrible for 3 1/2 QTRS. We did not have a good passing game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
True, but not relevant I the context of the conversation. A good portion of Daks stats this game came in the 4th. Was it garbage time? Game was within reach, even if unlikely. I didn't think so, but the Ravens went prevent and Dak was able to move the ball.

I understand that Dak is limited on weapons. It was my main argument for not resigning him. He struggles without superior talent surrounding him. You spend that kind of money on one or two guys, you need to understand that you're sacrificing talent elsewhere. This year, that meant letting starters and depth walk along both lines and at RB. Dak can't carry that burden on his own. Very few can. Brady and Mahommes took team friendly deals to help shore up weaknesses, and that's why their teams were/are successful. Lack of talent is a bad excuse when the guy being defended has contributed directly to that talent deficit.
Agreed 100%!

HungryLion

Reaction score
I see very limited reason to think they’ll turn it around. There are fatal flaws in this roster.

You would need like 4 different players to make drastic and rapid improvement to their play. Which doesn’t seem likely to me.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
We won't even make the playoffs with this piss poor team. You need a very good team to make the playoffs and to win once in the playoffs. We don't have a good team.
I called it in Training camp, they wont make the playoffs. McCarthy will likely be gone by week 9.