Cowboys optimistic on signing Dak

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Lmao the good old “QB winz” argument. Whenever you can look at wins to determine an individual’s success in a team sport and one in which he literally doesn’t play or impact 50% of the game you just have to. That’s some top notch analysis. You do you man

Fair enough, go compare Dak's stats in his 40 wins versus his 27 losses.......and you will see how much Dak's stats impacted the game.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Lmao the good ole “QB winz” argument. Whenever you can look at wins to determine an individual’s success in a team sport and one in which he literally doesn’t play or impact 50% of the game you just have to. That’s some top notch analysis. You do you man

He does play and impact the other 50% and directly contributes towards the success and failure of the offense.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said QB's don't have turnovers. What I am doing is adding context to this narrative that the Defense was giving up 36 points a game when the offense contributed to the problem. If this is a team sport then that 36 points a game was on both the offense and the defense. And if we are going to say that then in what world does Dak who leads the offense somehow worth what he is asking?
You supported your argument that wins and losses (really just losses) are entirely on Dak by saying some turnovers were on him, so if that isn't unfairly saying that Dak gets the blame for losses for something that happens with all QB's then it's pretty damn close.

As for arguing that the offense has some responsibility for losses, I have specifically said that, and in fact said the team had too many turnovers in games, so you are arguing a point that isn't in contention. I just said it's not fair to put it all on Dak the way you do.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Brees didn’t “consistently” make the playoffs even when he was younger.

So by CATCH’s definition, Brees was never elite.
Oh, maybe. There might ahve been a quoted post I didn't see.

Gotcha

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
You supported your argument that wins and losses (really just losses) are entirely on Dak by saying some turnovers were on him, so if that isn't unfairly saying that Dak gets the blame for losses for something that happens with all QB's then it's pretty damn close.

As for arguing that the offense has some responsibility for losses, I have specifically said that, and in fact said the team had too many turnovers in games, so you are arguing a point that isn't in contention. I just said it's not fair to put it all on Dak the way you do.

I'd say he is responsible for the wins and losses just as any other member on the team. And if you are going to tell me that we should inflate his performance his rookie year because it paints him in a better light then my question is why would the 8-8 season not count? Why would his 1-4 start to 2021 not count? The offense was turning the ball over. The only serious defense they saw was the Rams and he could barely get the offense to muster up 17 points - against a defense that you would see in the playoffs.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
What were you saying? I’ll give you a chance to rethink your stance but after that your horrible take is all on you.

When all else fails, go with never used obscure stats entitled 'since 2019' to try and defend Dak. Yeah, a lot of statistical history going on there and no ulterior motive in those stats at all LOL

USArmyVet

Reaction score
What were you saying? I’ll give you a chance to rethink your stance but after that your horrible take is all on you.

Oh, and this is what your Sharp Football source had to say in August 2019 about Dak Prescott:

"Prescott looked like a top-10 quarterback in his first season in the league, finishing eighth in our Total Points per 1,000 Snaps metric (click here to learn more about this stat). But he has not replicated that production the last two seasons, ranking 20th and 26th. He’s just not there with other franchise quarterbacks."

Thanks for playing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Oh, and this is what your Sharp Football source had to say in August 2019 about Dak Prescott:

"Prescott looked like a top-10 quarterback in his first season in the league, finishing eighth in our Total Points per 1,000 Snaps metric (click here to learn more about this stat). But he has not replicated that production the last two seasons, ranking 20th and 26th. He’s just not there with other franchise quarterbacks."

Thanks for playing.

It’s almost like....... and hear me out........ Dak improved over time.

Shocking I know. Not often that professional athletes improve with more experience....

Playmaker247

Reaction score

Thanks for playing.
That quote was from 2 years ago......nice try tho

Playmaker247

Reaction score
When all else fails, go with never used obscure stats entitled 'since 2019' to try and defend Dak. Yeah, a lot of statistical history going on there and no ulterior motive in those stats at all LOL
Just say you don’t understand the numbers and move on. Not my job to educate you

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Umm no. I proposed $40 per, and you said this.

Either you're a troll or you need to admit that you can't read.
What I'm saying is that the tag last year means Dallas didn't have much pressure to get it done. The $31m deal is very team friendly. Now they have pressure to sign him, so they will. But you have to look at last year as the 1st year of a 5-year extension, not in a vacuum. Let's say Dak signs at 4 years, $40m per right now...he's effectively signed a 5-year, $191m deal. That's a $38m AAV. That's pretty directly in line with the 5x$175m offer. The advantage for Dallas is that you get an extra year of cost control.

Stop pretending you didn't say $38m AAV. Who is trolling who here?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Stop pretending you didn't say $38m AAV. Who is trolling who here?
Yea, learn how to read.

If you do the 1-year tag, and then the 4x40, that's what it averages out to. I didn't say a 38m contract.

There are words before and after that number. That's what the little squiggly lines are. You go left to right to make sentences.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yea, learn how to read.

If you do the 1-year tag, and then the 4x40, that's what it averages out to. I didn't say a 38m contract.

There are words before and after that number. That's what the little squiggly lines are. You go left to right to make sentences.
I have directly quoted you every time. You said "$38m AAV deal". Those are your words. Stop trying to say I put any other words in your mouth.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I have directly quoted you every time. You said "$38m AAV deal". Those are your words. Stop trying to say I put any other words in your mouth.
From the Cowboys' perspective, with the tag.

That's after signing a 40m/year deal. Moron.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You mean how Dak choked in the 2nd Philly game of 2019 when he threw a pass damn near 3 yards into the ground behind Zeke in the Red Zone?
Cmon man, thats a 40 million dollar accurate arm we are talking about.
Crazy what 40 mill buys you today.
I remember as a kid just joking about the notion of hitting the broad side of a barn for nothing more than a piece of gum bet.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
From the Cowboys' perspective, with the tag.

That's after signing a 40m/year deal. Moron.
Why must you resort to name-calling? I understand the math here. I quoted your words. If you want to continue to argue with your own words, then have at it. I'm done here,

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Why must you resort to name-calling? I understand the math here. I quoted your words. If you want to continue to argue with your own words, then have at it. I'm done here,
You are blatantly misrepresenting what I said. I'm not name calling to be insulting, you are doing that because you are either dumb and didn't understand what I was saying, or you're a troll.

I don't really care which one it is, but you misrepresented what I said and then leaned in.