Cowboys optimistic on signing Dak

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
"$38m AAV" is quoting you so you aren't arguing with me, you are arguing with yourself.
Oh my god.

2020 - 1x$31
2021-2024 - 4x$160
Total - 5x$191.

That's with a 4x$160 contract signed right now. The full value of the 5 years is $38 AAV, the new contract is $40 AAV. Actually read it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
To quote myself.
Lets just agree to disagree on this. Go check out my post regarding Brady. I quoted you in it. I think its something we can finally agree on. I believe in Dak. I believe even paying him if we draft the right pieces we can fix the issues on defense. Maybe I am a homer. It is what it is

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yeah there is. Dalton folded when the lights turned on in the Giants game. Or are you purposely forgetting how bad Dalton was in that game? He threw one ball that I think hit the upper deck.

You mean how Dak choked in the 2nd Philly game of 2019 when he threw a pass damn near 3 yards into the ground behind Zeke in the Red Zone?

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak lost to the Eagles with Smith, Collins and Martin in the line-up and third string CB bums on the Eagles. The Dak-stans have no excuse except he hurt his 'poor finger' or 'soulder' when Dak threw the ball 44 times and they rushed the ball only 16 times. This was the game after Zeke and Pollard completely annihilated the defense of the Rams, rushing 45 times on 263 yards rushing and the OL completely dominated AD and the rest of that front. Then they blame the RG, as if Moore isn't putting the ball in Dak's hands to show us what he's got when it comes to 'clutch time'. His fourth quarter stats in the fourth, when down by 7 this year once again proved how much a paper-tiger this dude is. Poor Dak's fingers hurt so much the next game when he threw it 33 times in a meaningless game. The finger miraculously healed! But guess what? They actually ran the ball 36 times for 223 yards. You see a pattern here with Dak, who can't win jack squat on his arm alone, even against garbage teams.

And they have the audacity to claim Dalton 'choked' with the hot mess he was playing with and our rookie WR becoming wet hands on a drive that Dalton carried this bum squad down the field, because of his last poor throw. At least Dalton made that game exciting, unlike Dak and his 44 tosses sailing passes to everybody other than his WRs against the 21019 Eagles led by Wentz. Let me guess... It was the defenses fault for not stopping Wentz and his whopping 17 points.

What "Dak-haters" said is Dalton could get better results in the ROSTER Dak has been playing with for years, not the garbage roster Dalton ended up playing with that even Dak didn't have the 'fortune' of playing with. Heck, Dak played with Martin the whole season, while Dak played with him for about a quarter and Martin is the Cowboys best player. We almost beat the Eagles when Moore decided the run the all behind him, instead of have Denucci line up as WR for us and snap the ball directly to Zeke. These people have the audacity to claim Dak was carrying them, when dudes like Moore were calling the dumbest plays in history and we still almost won the game with DeNucci and then McCarthy decides to call a faje punt twenty yards in our own territory, completely giving the game to the Commanders.

Then they push Dalton's 'results' in everybody's faces, while crying that Dak 'never had help'. Get out of here with that bogus, hot-mess of an argument that has no grounding in reality. This offense was designed for Dak for five years running and all he got to show for it, is an ability to pad stats in garbage-time and throw the ball against man coverage to Gallup on go-routes, because defenses are worried about the run or play-action. Whoopity-doo...

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When is Jerry not optimistic? He was optimistic about Garret getting the team to the super bowl....... until the day he decided to fire him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
*someone who didn’t watch this season*

He literally won games at the same rate as Dak.. Might've even been a little higher.

Dak, like most of his career, is not making a difference in games.. Unless of course we play a crappy Giants team or something.

We were better when Zeke and the OL were a force. Now the more we ask of him the more Dakverage this team gets.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh my god.

2020 - 1x$31
2021-2024 - 4x$160
Total - 5x$191.

That's with a 4x$160 contract signed right now. The full value of the 5 years is $38 AAV, the new contract is $40 AAV. Actually read it.
It's very entertaining to watch you argue with yourself. So far you are winning.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still think this has been a done deal and this is just part of the show. Got to get all that free publicity while they can. After the Prescott deal, who cares about the Cowboys? Going to hold an all night vigil over Awuzie, Lewis and Woods?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It's very entertaining to watch you argue with yourself. So far you are winning.
Umm no. I proposed $40 per, and you said this.
If he wants $40m per year, the deal you are talking about won't get it done. He's going to get what he wants, it's just a matter if he gets it from the Cowboys or walks to get it from a different team in 2022.
Either you're a troll or you need to admit that you can't read.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Anybody can post on social media their opinions. Doesn't necessarily mean they are correct. Just another media head giving his.

I'll stick with Landry, Aikman & Emmitt's opinions being they are the ONLY ones that matter. Sign Dak!
so as long as they agree with you - they matter. :)

Playmaker247

Reaction score
He literally won games at the same rate as Dak.. Might've even been a little higher.

Dak, like most of his career, is not making a difference in games.. Unless of course we play a crappy Giants team or something.

We were better when Zeke and the OL were a force. Now the more we ask of him the more Dakverage this team gets.
He literally did not win games at the same rate as Dak. And I guess you aren’t smart enough to differentiate between wins and QB play. It’s a team sport and if you don’t understand wins aren’t a good indicator of specific QB play then we don’t need to have this argument. I’m not gonna waste my time with simple minded people

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of them were on Dak.
Sure some were - that happens. No QB goes through season with zero turnovers. That doesn't mean wins and losses are entirely on the QB.

Of course, some would have you believe that at least with Dak it's only losses that are entirely on the QB, and Dak doesn't really get credit when the team wins.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He literally did not win games at the same rate as Dak. And I guess you aren’t smart enough to differentiate between wins and QB play. It’s a team sport and if you don’t understand wins aren’t a good indicator of specific QB play then we don’t need to have this argument. I’m not gonna waste my time with simple minded people

2020 Season QB Record

Dak Prescott 2-3 Win % .400

Andy Dalton 4-5 Win % .444

So statistically Dalton did in fact win at a higher % than Dak in the 2020 season. So before you attempt to insult someone's intelligence by stating "....you aren't smart enough...." I would suggest studying some statistical data before putting your foot in your mouth.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Sure some were - that happens. No QB goes through season with zero turnovers. That doesn't mean wins and losses are entirely on the QB.

Of course, some would have you believe that at least with Dak it's only losses that are entirely on the QB, and Dak doesn't really get credit when the team wins.

I never said QB's don't have turnovers. What I am doing is adding context to this narrative that the Defense was giving up 36 points a game when the offense contributed to the problem. If this is a team sport then that 36 points a game was on both the offense and the defense. And if we are going to say that then in what world does Dak who leads the offense somehow worth what he is asking?

Playmaker247

Reaction score
2020 Season QB Record

Dak Prescott 2-3 Win % .400

Andy Dalton 4-5 Win % .444

So statistically Dalton did in fact win at a higher % than Dak in the 2020 season. So before you attempt to insult someone's intelligence by stating "....you aren't smart enough...." I would suggest studying some statistical data before putting your foot in your mouth.
You realize I’m talking about for their career right? I’m smart enough to know comparing a 5 game sample size vs 9 game sample size is idiotic

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You realize I’m talking about for their career right? I’m smart enough to know comparing a 5 game sample size vs 9 game sample size is idiotic

I suppose just as idiotic as wanting to give Dak a $35M+ average annual salary for his 48 game sample size of 27-21 while coming off a major ankle injury.

As for comparing careers, it's just as idiotic comparing a guy that has played in 67 games to a guy that has played 142 games......

That said, when comparing their first 5 years here is what you get:

Andy Dalton (2011-2015...77 games)

50 Wins 26 Losses 1 Tie Win % .649

Dak Prescott (2016-2020.....67 games)

40 Wins 27 Losses Win % .597

So both in 2020 and their first 5 seasons of their careers, Dalton has a higher win %.

Last edited:

Playmaker247

Reaction score
I suppose just as idiotic as wanting to give Dak a $35M+ average annual salary for his 48 game sample size of 27-21 while coming off a major ankle injury.
Lmao the good ole “QB winz” argument. Whenever you can look at wins to determine an individual’s success in a team sport and one in which he literally doesn’t play or impact 50% of the game you just have to. That’s some top notch analysis. You do you man