Cowboys over/under: 7 interceptions for DaRon Bland

How many interceptions do you think DaRon Bland will have in 2024?

• Over 7 interceptions

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Exactly 7 interceptions

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Under 7 interceptions

Votes: 75 86.2%

• Total voters

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By Tony Catalina Jul 1, 2024

Dallas Cowboys CB DaRon Bland had a special season in 2023. A record-breaking performance from a breakout star was one of the biggest highlights of last year. Bland is a true testament to the Cowboys’ ability to find diamonds in the rough and reaffirm their belief that their best talent is finding quality players anywhere in the draft.

However, with 2023 now in the rearview, it becomes about what you can do now. Bland’s star has grown, and with that comes expectations. With five interceptions in his rookie season, and nine last year, is seven reasonable to to expect from the former Fresno State Bulldogs star?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ron-bland-2024-nfl-trevon-diggs-jourdan-lewis

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most likely under. Hard to do thatm2 years in a row. Remember Diggs season of his INT’s, then less the following season.

New scheme as well, not that it means it can’t happen. And depends on Diggs and his recovery. Will the stay away from him and pass more towards Bland giving him more opportunities. Or will the throw to Diggs side to test him. Giving less opportunities to Bland.

Still no matter what, the odds are less.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Under.

7 is a lot for any CB.

Zimmer is going to be different schematically. He won’t allow the DB’s to take as many chances because he doesn’t want to risk giving up big plays. He said this in a recent interview. That the defense probably won’t force as many turnovers but the goal is to give up less big plays and less points.

So we shall see.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
QBs stopped looking at Diggs side for a while after that record year he had, which gave other opportunities to our other CBs. If QBs don't throw Bland's way, then Diggs is on the other side lol. This year is going to be interesting for sure. Especially if the D-line can still pressure like they did the beginning of last year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
By Tony Catalina Jul 1, 2024

Dallas Cowboys CB DaRon Bland had a special season in 2023. A record-breaking performance from a breakout star was one of the biggest highlights of last year. Bland is a true testament to the Cowboys’ ability to find diamonds in the rough and reaffirm their belief that their best talent is finding quality players anywhere in the draft.

However, with 2023 now in the rearview, it becomes about what you can do now. Bland’s star has grown, and with that comes expectations. With five interceptions in his rookie season, and nine last year, is seven reasonable to to expect from the former Fresno State Bulldogs star?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ron-bland-2024-nfl-trevon-diggs-jourdan-lewis
It’s going to be interesting to watch for sure. Diggs on one side, Bland on the other. Both will be tested and both will win more often than not. As far as int’s it could be more as teams are more likely to target Bland knowing Diggs rep. So I’ll go over. I’m an optimist.

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Zimmers philosophy is bend but do not break; which means stopping big plays is a lot more important then accomplishing big plays.
so right there the coverage will be set up so that there are less opportunities for Bland.
Now I see QBs testing Diggs at the beginning of the season for the simple reason he is coming back from injury.
BUT if he is back to close to what he was I see Bland getting more shots.
BUT either way if you look at zimmer Defense stats historically the likelihood of lots of picks is very low

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Under 7 for this overrated stat stuffer who gave up dumb routes all day to Green Bay receivers with less notoriety.

RS12

Reaction score
QBR against probably a more relevant topic. Seven pick seasons are an anomaly these days.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Zimmers philosophy is bend but do not break; which means stopping big plays is a lot more important then accomplishing big plays.
so right there the coverage will be set up so that there are less opportunities for Bland.
Now I see QBs testing Diggs at the beginning of the season for the simple reason he is coming back from injury.
BUT if he is back to close to what he was I see Bland getting more shots.
BUT either way if you look at zimmer Defense stats historically the likelihood of lots of picks is very low
Personally I think it’s a mistake to go this route. But we shall see what happens.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Better question is how many receivers will he be scared of like he was against Dk and AJ brown. We lost softness with stats in Dallas