Cowboys over/under: 7 interceptions for DaRon Bland

How many interceptions do you think DaRon Bland will have in 2024?

• Over 7 interceptions

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Exactly 7 interceptions

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Under 7 interceptions

Votes: 77 86.5%

• Total voters

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Zimmers philosophy is bend but do not break; which means stopping big plays is a lot more important then accomplishing big plays.
so right there the coverage will be set up so that there are less opportunities for Bland.
Now I see QBs testing Diggs at the beginning of the season for the simple reason he is coming back from injury.
BUT if he is back to close to what he was I see Bland getting more shots.
BUT either way if you look at zimmer Defense stats historically the likelihood of lots of picks is very low
That’s BS. Do your research instead of just making a statement you know the other haters will agree with even though it’s totally false.

plasticman

Reaction score
Every defender will have an opportunity for "Parsons" picks.

However, I think Bland will pick up a fast 2-3 before defenses go somewhere else. I get the feeling that they would rather test Digg's health and Lewis's size.

I'm going to say "under" but that is not a bad thing. I just think the INT's will be distributed elsewhere.

Adreme

Reaction score
Every defender will have an opportunity for "Parsons" picks.

However, I think Bland will pick up a fast 2-3 before defenses go somewhere else. I get the feeling that they would rather test Digg's health and Lewis's size.

I'm going to say "under" but that is not a bad thing. I just think the INT's will be distributed elsewhere.
I mean the reason you test Diggs is despite the fact that he gets INTs he also gives up a LOT of yards.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I picked under with no disrespect to Bland.

Some recent research revealed that all of Bland’s five pick 6‘s from last year occurred when the team was ahead, and four of them happened when the team was ahead by two or more scores.

The reason that’s relevant is Dan Quinn‘s scheme was at its best when the Cowboys had a big lead. But when in a close game or if the team was behind, our turnover numbers just dried up. Mostly because we couldn’t stop the run when we were behind which made pass defending less important.

This year I think our defense could be better in close games or when behind but this year’s defense won’t be in as many situations like last year. Which means Bland won’t have as many pics.

Flamma

Reaction score
I say under 7. But I wouldn't put money on it because I want him to get 50 interceptions. I'm sure you'd stand to win a lot of money with Vegas at over 7.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Not really related, but I remember the year when
the Raiders Lester Hayes had 13 picks. Each game he was covered in stickum(sp?) which was banned the following year. That year Hayes had 1 interception.

As for Bland, he's a ball hawk but I think he ends up with 5 max. in Zimmer's defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
Under and probably by a lot. I expect this defense to more fundamentally sound, but the trade off there is you likely wont see as many flash plays. I'd expect fewer turnovers overall from this group
Well said.

My guess for Bland is 2. Maybe 3.

mcmvp

Reaction score
That’s BS. Do your research instead of just making a statement you know the other haters will agree with even though it’s totally false.
It’s not BS. He’s been labeled that way by many over the years. Many people have heard it said….or you can Google his name and that statement and you will see the same. In other words, take you own advice and look it up.

And for the record, being labeled as bend but don’t break is not an insult. Many DCs have that philosophy. It’s not a right vs wrong thing, it’s how well you execute the particular philosophy you coach. Zimmer, like many other coaches, is less likely to give offenses the big play between the 20s, but will be more aggressive on 3rd and long and in the redzone.

Quinn was far more aggressive overall, and allowed his defensive backs more freedom to jump routes.

Under for Bland. But I would pick the under for any CB in the league if the number is set at 7

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People figured out that he is only great at defending "outs" ....... I do not think he gets a lot of "outs" thrown at him this year.

gtb1943

Reaction score
yawn
another poster already owned you
but then that happens all the time so you must enjoy it